2021 Worlds: Free Dance | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2021 Worlds: Free Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Popping up from hibernation to say I am a mess right now.
I had no hope, nor any expectations regarding results (I was scared like check that Canada actually will lose 3 spots lol), yet I had solid week of manifesting: thinking about my IdF 2018 YOLO trip to support Vincent FD, sunflowers, flower crowns for Torino GPF, rewatching programs and trying to stay positive - because P&P with their skating brought so much of that into my daily life.
And here it is, a Worlds medal.
The performance was kind of surreal. I knew they will pour their hearts and efforts into it, but somewhat it felt more vibrant, more emotional, more REAL than I remembered watching it. For me, what set it apart was getting out that subtle, reflective lyricism, but in their specific, unique way: not making it into romantic/necessary sad story, but rather into nostalgic conversation through movement and hold. I remember having reservations over this FD after ACI 2019, I remember doubts - and now, I see why they trusted the choice, the song and the creation made for it. The program became, grew into a very intimate reflection of them both, their partnership, their connection and chemistry. The amount of progress made with it is insane for me - and the fact that it was in huge part about nuances, intricacies of the music to be highlighted makes it even more impressive.
I haven't been privileged to see this FD live and I am sad about it. But my heart now is full. I can't believe it.

auser

Record Breaker
I had no hope, nor any expectations regarding results (I was scared like check that Canada actually will lose 3 spots lol), yet I had solid week of manifesting: thinking about my IdF 2018 YOLO trip to support Vincent FD, sunflowers, flower crowns for Torino GPF, rewatching programs and trying to stay positive - because P&P with their skating brought so much of that into my daily life.
The performance was kind of surreal. I knew they will pour their hearts and efforts into it, but somewhat it felt more vibrant, more emotional, more REAL than I remembered watching it. For me, what set it apart was getting out that subtle, reflective lyricism, but in their specific, unique way: not making it into romantic/necessary sad story, but rather into nostalgic conversation through movement and hold. I remember having reservations over this FD after ACI 2019, I remember doubts - and now, I see why they trusted the choice, the song and the creation made for it. The program became, grew into a very intimate reflection of them both, their partnership, their connection and chemistry. The amount of progress made with it is insane for me - and the fact that it was in huge part about nuances, intricacies of the music to be highlighted makes it even more impressive.
I haven't been privileged to see this FD live and I am sad about it. But my heart now is full. I can't believe it.
So good to see you here NoNameFace. I was thinking of you while watching G/P today. So happy that you experienced their lovely dance today.:)

Sackie

Medalist
This is probably not the place to ask this but not sure where to so will ask here. Does the results form this worlds means that France will not have a team in the Team event at the Olympics?

keasus

On the Ice
I mean, why at the end pose Victoria was so tragically 'sad' and Nikita was forcing a happy expression? I'm just lost at their program, the beginning was rushed, I had to yawn at the middle, and I was a bit confused at the end. Victoria has very 'Russian' dance movements and Nikita is just, well, I quite seriously don't know. I think he's just overly excited but makes for a messy dance always.
I felt as is I had fallen into a time warp and was back in the 80s with K/S free dance. Too too much overemoting and lackluster skating.

ana

On the Ice
This is probably not the place to ask this but not sure where to so will ask here. Does the results form this worlds means that France will not have a team in the Team event at the Olympics?
No, we will know the teams qualified for olympics after 2021-2022 Grand Prix Series.

TarAncalime

On the Ice
So, this is why I love ice dance so much. We have a team skating to some weird version of "This is a Man's World" remixed over sounds of a camera taking pictures, with the guy fully dressed as Karl Lagerfeld, grey hair and everything. You simply don't get this level of "Whaaaaaa????" in other disciplines.

I don't know why she didn't skate as the white cat though. Really now.
Katharina was Coco Chanel after all. ;-) I just love it. But maybe I am too patriotic as the pair's home rink in Dortmund is the one I skate once or twice a week. Tim and Katharina often practice after the adult free skate hour with us adult skaters watching them :)) His coach has given me lessons on the ice too. ;-) I miss it indeed as the pandemic has made it impossible of course. I hope things will be back to normal in autumn.

Big Deal

Final Flight
The competition was interesting, the programs are not that much. My favourite program was of Piper/Gilles. They should be on the Podium since some years. Chock/Bates otherwise spectacular program was a bit more flat than how I seen before. Hubbell/Donohue are very strong skaters, I appreciate their athletic approach, but not that easy to be attached by them. I LOVED the Brits!!!
As per Sinitsina/Katsalapov. I cannot say that they should not win this. Politics is on their side and they are good enough to "use" them for that. BUT to get back this old, dramatic, frantic Ice dance after so many years of real entertainment is not an engaging fact to this sport.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I did miss the French PC but I think they made a wise decision to avoid burn out and I do think there will be greater anticipation. The top six teams are all amazing and there is some great talent behind with Britain and Canada 2 the Danadians. But I appreciate next year with PC there is going to be like a Weapo team - really good could win a medal or end up in 7th or 8th.

My quick comments. I know there are the issues about the twizzles o Nikitia and the program being boring but overall I can see why they won in combination with the RD. I would have had GP first in the free - even though I prefer their VanGogh number _ wonder if they will revive it or the olympics. SK maybe are saving something powerful for olympics though I could see them doing Carmen.

The Americans I thought might win two medals - gold and bronze. They are both good. Chock is such a great diva and invokes memory of Bestmianova, Krylova, Navka, Domina, Annisna. Divas of skating. SB and the Italians in my opinion are great and could win medals too but there are only three podium spots and six (seven with PC) real challengers for medals.

I hope the Danadians will rethink their FD . A different vehicle and they would have been up one sot and i they can continue to improve will be a challenger. HB were great but was so Russia 3 and the Spanish team and Chinese team - but again only 10 spots for top ten. Spain has another good team but only one will get to go to worlds and olympics. I wonder if they will split it next year - top team goes to Olympics and the other goes to worlds?

The Polish team kidn of flatered in the FD. But agan so many good teams. I just didnt' feel anyone had their best program - maybe saving the best for last - the olympics. I do kind of hope GP will be taken more seriously - i think they earned a few more points. But they are in the mix and should be in the mix.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I thought of you today and of course those beautiful floral designs. You have always been there in support of Piper and Paul, and I hope you celebrate in style, as you should.

O4G

eterialskating

On the Ice
My guess is that SK will have done enough to upstage the French pair at the Olympics. I see Papadakis will be the sulking camper again. The silver or gold has already been set. We only need the bronze and I can see now they'll probably give it to one of the American pair or happily for the Canadians their pair who have found favor. Let's face it ID have always been a favourites game. The fact is they could easily have permuted the top 6 for the podium places and it would all be the same. It's all at the discretion of the judges.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow H / B the Americaan third team well her, looked very disappointed to put it mildly. Have no idea why I get it they are skating and training with the very best, they are a good team and it should be on skill and the skates themselves. But someone has to be at the bottom of the "group they are in. Just like the top six good teams well the Italians got the short end. Weapo at two olympics ended on the short end - seventh. Could have been bronze. S/B arguably could have podiumeId here. It's life. I know this is mean but H/B may have not been invited to worlds if CP had been healthy. H\b did well here, they skated well, they had nice programs. I know they worked hard and so did a lot of other teams/skaters.