2021 Worlds: Free Dance | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2021 Worlds: Free Dance

Dogo

On the Ice
I mean, why at the end pose Victoria was so tragically 'sad' and Nikita was forcing a happy expression? I'm just lost at their program, the beginning was rushed, I had to yawn at the middle, and I was a bit confused at the end. Victoria has very 'Russian' dance movements and Nikita is just, well, I quite seriously don't know. I think he's just overly excited but makes for a messy dance always.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Let me tell you, I was walking 4 flights of stairs on my hospital rotation with a face shield and regular surgical mask, and I was about ready to give out. The athletes must be so out of breath with masks back on after their skates...
If I have shopping bags with me, I'm the same. Otherwise I'm accustomed to walkin stairs, as I lived on 4th floor for over twenty years with no elevator. Now I live on 3rd floor and I don't use elevator since I'm faster climbing stairs than waiting for elevator, and I don't have problem with breathing. But if run like 300 meters, I'd be out of breath for sure.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't think S/K should be that much ahead of the other teams, and their FD is not one of my favourites here (just among the top five it would tie for last with S/B for me). But they were very good, and I'm fine with them winning. And I genuinely really like their RD.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been quiet so I could watch and absorb the skating.

Stepanova Bukin - pretty contemporary skating
Gilles/Poitier - innovative, emotional, stronger skating than ever, my skate of the night
Chock/Bates - exciting snake dance performed very well, a small costly twizzles mistake cost them
Hubbell/Donahue - strong amazing edges to the soulful Alleluia, a glitch on twizzles cost them a bit
Sinitsina/Katsalapov - pretty classic skating skated confidently

The skaters decided the outcome and I feel it was correct. My favorites were Piper & Paul and Chock & Bates for their originality but fully appreciated what the others offered even if I feel I've seen the ideas before.

Dogo

On the Ice
I don't think S/K should be that much ahead of the other teams, and their FD is not one of my favourites here (just among the top five it would tie for last with S/B for me). But they were very good, and I'm fine with them winning. And I genuinely really like their RD.
Yeah! I appreciate S/B getting a very generic pop song and elevating it to something truly special! I don't know what was going on with S/K's program..

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's worth remembering that skaters pick the music that they do because A) it inspires them; B) they just love it for some reason; C) they think their interpretative abilities are worthy of it; D) they think it's a piece of music they can live with for 365 days a year and still be inspired by it. E) It empowers them as performers.

And I'm sure they have many other reasons. Also, one I've heard skaters say is that another skater or team inspired them, so they felt empowered and excited to see what they could do with it.

I'm sure I've griped about a piece of music or two. But hey, friends, we can stand it. Actually, I find if I open myself to whatever a team or skater has to give, I usually have positive experience with the whole package: music, program, expression of the performers.

Okay, rant over. Love you all!:love:

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
It was nice to actually see some movement in the standings. SO happy for G/P. That has made my night. Wish they had won the silver. Good momentum for next year! Also pleased for F/G.

Feel bad for C/B and S/B. They’ve both moved down spots from where they could have been last year, and this was without P/C competing. Same goes for H/B and FB-S. Hopefully good motivation for next year.

Great watching with you all!