2021 Worlds: Rhythm Dance | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2021 Worlds: Rhythm Dance

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
You can love H/B, H/D, G/P, S/K, C/B and many other ice dancers at the same time. That is the beauty of ice dance. You know more than you think you know ;) :).
I wanna be patriotic, but I found G/P too saccharine. I saw S/K free skate in Russian competitions, and I like that, but this Dancing in the Rain is just a hard pass. Twizzles or no twizzles. I liked one other team from Russia, Shevchenko-Eremenko. But overall, it’s what someone else said. I feel that ID is stuck in some dusty age vs the other 3 disciplines, and those musical selections don’t help. It’s just too darn old.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I dont even need to watch S/K, already know the judges will somehow put them in first those FSR points;)
I know they are not the most exciting of skaters but I can’t deny their skating skills. I think they are really elegant and beautiful skaters. They also skate close together. And I prefer S/B over them 100%.

I feel the same about H/D. They are so powerful and fast and skate close together. But I def enjoy C/B more. H/D don’t excite me very much (anymore) but I can’t deny their skill!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hi my little ID ubers!

I take care of my Mom who has Parkinson's. Unfortunately it has now progressed to the stage where she needs constant round the clock care so I don't have much time for watching events, let alone PBP them. So thank you for the wonderful comments on my favorite discipline. They certainly stimulate my overactive imagination.

One note to anonymoose...I actually LOVE the Finnstep. It's a fun pattern when: 1. you actually SEE THE ENTIRE PATTERN (the ISU cut out my favorite part: the pepperpot. Curses on them!) and 2. it's done to the right music. It's SUCH a 20s dance, I can't believe that coaches stick to same old beyond-tired pieces of music. For heaven's sake, there are TONS of Broadway musicals from the period. And a goodly chunk of the classic American songbook come from them.

The results? Well let's just say I'm not surprised...

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm going to try to watch at least the NBC version of it. But alot of it will depend on my Mom. The physical part of the Parkinson's is actually relatively easy to deal with. But she has very advanced Parkinson's dementia, so I never quite know what will come out of her mouth these days or what she will do. My personal favorite, given that she grew up on a farm in Ireland, is when she feeds and pets the lambs. It's when she starts talking about "people" she sees that is more challenging. I keep telling her, Momma, NYC is like a beehive: if you get in people's faces they'll sting you like a bee, but if you leave them alone to do their thing, everyone can do their thing without a hitch. LOL!

Big Deal

Final Flight
Am I the only one who does not get the hype about Sinitsina/Katsalapov, especially the much too high scores of their twizzles? It is similar feeling what I had some years ago about Domnina/ Shabalin. Besides their Nationality and its benefit they do not offer that much for me.
I would much more prefer any of the 2 Americans /especially Chock/Bates when they are ON/ , Gilles/Poirier or the Italians and my fav. Russians are Stepanova/ Bukin.