Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh god ten minutes

Panicking? Me? Never.

Icey

Record Breaker
What's CCTV5?

You can try browser add-ons to disable scripts. NoScript, µBlock... In short, you have two options after installing the add-on:
1) disable all Javascript, then white-list the domains you trust
2) allow Javascript, then try disabling some of the domains listed for the page you're consulting until you find the offending domain

I've only tried this on desktop, but I imagine it must exist on mobile too...

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
But... it's a shame to come all this way and have this happen. Nothing can be done about it, but I can only imagine how heartbreaking it is for him. And I'm not even a Vincent fan.
You don't have to be a fan to feel sorry for any skater to whom this happens. It's just so sad whatever the results of whatever podium. Glad he could at least skate in the TE. X

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
The skater I wanted to see the most isn’t here. The upside to that is that I’m going to be quite relaxed for this competition. But I’ll still cheer louder for Mozalev and Kagiyama than I will for anyone else.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Looks like we have...ten more people in the audience than we did for the team event. Boo.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I'm ready but I'm not ready for this. It won't help my nerves that I have to wait 4 hours to see Nathan and Jason. Good luck to all of the skaters.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Reigning national Silver medalist who scored over 300 points last month is sitting at home. The fact that he was named as an alternate was ridiculous enough, and it's even more infuriating that he won't be allowed to be an alternate and sub in for Zhou now. The sport needs a reform, this system is f*cked up.

Who in their right mind agreed to have the team event before the individual and why is Ilia not allowed to compete today? These illogical rules just cheapen the competition.
They were only allowed to have a team event in the case it didn’t add additional athletes. So it’s either don’t allow substitutions for skaters who have skated in the team event or not have a team event.

What shouldn’t have happened is having an Olympics in the middle of a global pandemic. It has nothing to do with the sport of figure skating, or luge or ski jumping or any other sport.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't believe vancouver was 12 years ago.
And that was before I was a skating fan....And I learned some skaters names.....and saw a few parts. And I'm sorry to all the Plushy ubers, but I thought Plushy was a drama queen after he got 2nd to Evan L........I was a freshman/9th grade in high school and still 14 when it happened. So forgive me. I didn't know all the accomplishments he had.