Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So unless Young bombs completely Young and Yelim will be going, methinks

wanpe

On the Ice
This Korean women's event was absolutely amazing! Thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed it

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It's 3 AM and I have to be up in 4 hours but it's worth it when the competition is this good! :love2:

Congrats to Young & Yelim and to Jia, Ahsun, & Minchae (literally my dream junior worlds team, I'm so happy!)

ChristineSNF

Spectator
Thank you so much for the link to streaming! Glad I got to watch the US Nat, Canadian Nat, and South Korean Nat in one day lol. Wishing all skaters the best in Beijing!!!

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
After short I thought they called lot of jumps with all these 60 scores, but no, they called much less jumps that I supposed. They were just stingy in GOEs.
I looked at it once more and especially for Young You and Yelim Kim, they let them go with lot of uncalled things in the SP (I see with strict judging and proper calling Haein Lee as the SP winner).
There in the free, all the Yelim jumps looked much more cleaner, but I don't think so for Young You. 3A, i see << uncalled and it was obvious in the replay that she landed forward.
But with everything properly called, maybe she would still win, who knows.

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow 🤩!! That was an exciting final group. My beautiful Haein Lee missed making it to Worlds by just one point 😭; I’m so disappointed as I wanted Y.Kim to go to Olympics and then her to split Worlds with Haein Lee. Oh well, Yelim Kim was solid. Young You! Wow! Skate like that and you can challenge for top 5 at Olympics and Worlds.

Olympics/Worlds - You, Y. Kim
4CC - You, Y. Kim, Haein Lee
Junior Worlds - Shin, Yun, M. Kim

National Team: You, Y.Kim, Yun, Lee, Shin, Wi, C.Kim, Ji

This means no Eurosoo Lim or Yeon Park 😭😭😭😭; Even M. Kim isn’t in the National Team (But, at least she gets Jr. Worlds)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
This means no Eurosoo Lim or Yeon Park 😭😭😭😭; Even M. Kim isn’t in the National Team (But, at least she gets Jr. Worlds)
They're still on the team, just not the main one. They're both on the reserve team.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Final standings:

1 You Young 221.49
2 Kim Yelim 207.84
3 Lee Haein 206.33
4 Shin Jia 204.08
5 Wi Seoyeong 197.92
6 Yun Ahsun 197.09
7 Kim Minchae 191.51
8 Ji Seoyeong 191.46
9 Lim Eunsoo 187.45
10 Kim Chaeyeon 184.93
11 Han Heesue 167.43
12 Moon Boin 165.75
13 Park Yeonjeong 163.90
14 Lee Siwon 159.83
15 Song Siwoo 158.28
16 Kim Haneul 158.00
17 Kang Eunsoo 155.05
18 Kim Seoyoung 152.93
19 Jung Yean 150.54
20 Hong Seunga 139.94
21 Mo Jiwon 139.30
22 Hwang Chaebin 138.80
23 Lim Nayun 123.29
24 Lee Hyunsoo 121.89

I'm exhausted from all the concentration and emotions but I have to go to work, will upload protocols later when I'm back (and presumably when they're uploaded)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They're still on the team, just not the main one. They're both on the reserve team.
But, they likely won’t get any international assignments, right? Also, are C. Kim and Shin eligible for Seniors next year? I know Yun is and same with M. Kim. Hopefully, Yun delivers at Junior Worlds and I will get to see her on the Senior Grand Prix circuit next year.

I enjoy watching these ladies battle it out. The only negative feedback I have for the Korean Ladies is the similar technical layout. Besides You who has 3A and does an eu into salchow, I felt like I was watching a copy and paste technical layout with 3Lz 3T as the first combo and then 2A 3T and 3Lz 2T 2Lo as jumps usually in the second half of the program. This is remarkable. But,

Free Skate
1) I miss different combos such as loop combos (3Lz 3Lo, 3Lo 3Lo, 3S 3Lo)
Tennell, Levito and Thorngren have all experimented with 3Lz 3Lo jumps
2) All the combos in the second half of the program
Levito does this and it is an interesting layout which shows confidence in ability to land all jumps
3) A lady with the 3Lz 3T in the second half of the program or 3F 3T
Kinda like what Sakamoto does who saves the triple triple in the second half to get more points and jumps the triple double in the first half; Liu does this sometimes
4) even a lady that does two triple triple combinations like 3Lz 3T and then maybe another 3Lz 3T, 3F 3T or 3S 3T in the second half
Like Thorngren & Tennell and what Medvedeva used to do

I will be rooting for any lady that adds one of the Loops in a combo or another triple triple combination, as described above, in the next quad.

Short Program
Also, in the SP, I would love for one of them to make a statement with the 3Lz 3T in the second half of the SP segment.
Levito, Thorngren and Liu do this along with Sakamoto and almost all the Russians

I think the reason why top 7 American Ladies (Bell, Chen, Liu, Levito, Glenn, Thorngren, Tennell) do better than the Korean ladies at most international events other than You, is because some of them up the technical Arsenal with jump layouts like described above (Liu, Tennell, Levito, Thorngren) or sacrifice the 3Lz 3T advantage and focus on easier technical layout, but, better spins, skating skills and artistry (Chen, Glenn and Bell). Something for Korean federation to think about moving forward. But, I’m really impressed with the top ten ladies and Korea has exciting times during the next four years and it will be interesting to see who separates from the rest of the pack to join You.

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So that means we won't be seeing Eunsoo in any Grand Prix event? or even in any challenger series?
Main team status has nothing to do with GPs, GP assignments are decided by the feds that hosts GPs. And I'm pretty sure she'll get a CS, even Minchae had one this season (althogh she had to withdraw).

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
But, they likely won’t get any international assignments, right? Also, are C. Kim and Shin eligible for Seniors next year? I know Yun is and same with M. Kim. Hopefully, Yun delivers at Junior Worlds and I will get to see her on the Senior Grand Prix circuit next year.

I enjoy watching these ladies battle it out. The only negative feedback I have for the Korean Ladies is the similar technical layout. Besides You who has 3A and does an eu into salchow, I felt like I was watching a copy and paste technical layout with 3Lz 3T as the first combo and then 2A 3T and 3Lz 2T 2Lo as jumps usually in the second half of the program. This is remarkable. But,

Free Skate
1) I miss different combos such as loop combos (3Lz 3Lo, 3Lo 3Lo, 3S 3Lo)
Tennell, Levito and Thorngren have all experimented with 3Lz 3Lo jumps
2) All the combos in the second half of the program
Levito does this and it is an interesting layout which shows confidence in ability to land all jumps
3) A lady with the 3Lz 3T in the second half of the program or 3F 3T
Kinda like what Sakamoto does who saves the triple triple in the second half to get more points and jumps the triple double in the first half; Liu does this sometimes
4) even a lady that does two triple triple combinations like 3Lz 3T and then maybe another 3Lz 3T, 3F 3T or 3S 3T in the second half
Like Thorngren & Tennell and what Medvedeva used to do

I will be rooting for any lady that adds one of the Loops in a combo or another triple triple combination, as described above, in the next quad.

Short Program
Also, in the SP, I would love for one of them to make a statement with the 3Lz 3T in the second half of the SP segment.
Levito, Thorngren and Liu do this along with Sakamoto and almost all the Russians

I think the reason why top 7 American Ladies (Bell, Chen, Liu, Levito, Glenn, Thorngren, Tennell) do better than the Korean ladies at most international events other than You, is because some of them up the technical Arsenal with jump layouts like described above (Liu, Tennell, Levito, Thorngren) or sacrifice the 3Lz 3T advantage and focus on easier technical layout, but, better spins, skating skills and artistry (Chen, Glenn and Bell). Something for Korean federation to think about moving forward. But, I’m really impressed with the top ten ladies and Korea has exciting times during the next four years and it will be interesting to see who separates from the rest of the pack to join You.
Okay, a lot to talk about and I'm on mobile. Will probably edit this on my laptop. But points I have to make:

1) But, they likely won’t get any international assignments, right?
No, Yeonjeong was on the reserve team this season and she even got a GP. Main and Reserve team status has mostly got to do with funding and the use of the Taeneung rink.

2) Also, are C. Kim and Shin eligible for Seniors next year?
Jia was born in 2008 so no, Chaeyeon was born in December 2006 so yes.
3)Also, in the SP, I would love for one of them to make a statement with the 3Lz 3T in the second half of the SP
My beloved Seoyoung (Wi) does her 3Lz-3T in the second half, please check her out and support her.

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Hmmmm, so they're sending Haein and Seoyeong to junior worlds with Jia instead of Ahsun and Minchae. It kinda seemed like Minchae was still a bit injured so I understand her not going, but I just don't really like when feds send seniors to junior worlds. Like, give the junior opportunities to your skaters that are actually juniors please!