Country
Canada
Nice! You are always so sleepy 🥱😝

Enjoy watching the competition. You are so lucky

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m about to watch: 18 Park Yeonjeong 53.13 free skate. I’m hoping she moves up from top 18 to top 15. My goal is for her to be on the Reserve List this year…

Edit: She fell on her opening triple double jump combo and in a triple jump in the second half. But, her going for a 2A 3T in the second half was gutsy. I didn’t recognize her with her dyed her. She scored 153ish and is in second place. She did okay ….

I can’t believe Young You is in this second flight…. 😳

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Young You was horrendous 🥹😳

She landed an iffy 3Lz and didn’t bother going for a 3T. She did regroup by adding the 3T to the 2A right after. She also fell on her 3Lo. In the second half, only triple double combos… but, she fought and still scored 181 to take over first place. She is definitely not going to 4CC this year. Her skating skills also looked tiresome and laboured. But, she still has a chance to regroup for the 2nd competition. What is important here is that she put herself within top 10 contention to fight to be in the National Team (team of 8).

Edit: after first two groups, Young is still in the lead. But, I need to mention that the performance highlight of this group of skaters was Dabin Choi. She skated so well ….. so happy to see her back. Dabin is in second place with 174.

Next is group 3…

10 Kim Yujae 63.57 - Will she go for a 3A and will she land one in the free skate?
11 Wi Seoyeong 60.90 - Hoping for a strong free skate after a disappointing short program

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Group 3

12 Youn Seojin 183.96; wow! Who is she? Is she a Junior girl? She was really good. Into first place
11 Wi Seoyeong : she skated a cleanish program. She also made use of a seq 2A; one of her spins was questionable. I clapped so hard after her performance my iPad screen froze and is still buffering. Pretty sure she is in first place with that skate 👏
10 Kim Yujae … okay… I rebooted my iPad… she hesitated and was slow into her 3A and she fell. She does her triple triple in the second half. Her triples are simple. But, she has no flow into her jumps. She is in second at 195. Wi is first at 196… yay! I’m glad Seoyeong is ahead and with a really good score actually.
9 Han Heesue 177 … she at least had a different sounding program. Was starting to get tired of the same music. I think that is the one issue I have with Korean skaters… they copy one another, for the most part. Heesue lands her triples, but they are more like 2.5-2.75 jumps. She is in fifth place.
8 Yun Ahsun 184 … the best she has looked so far this year. Her attempted triple triple was more like a 3Lz 2.5T. But, she was okay on the rest of her triples and was so happy with her performance. Good for her. Her skating is heading into the right direction
7 Ji Seoyeon ??? She fell on her opening combo. Then, popped her second jump. I think she landed the rest of her jumps. But, I’m not sure, I think she left out combos. She finished her program with tears of sadness. This is the difficult part of being a fan. When they posted the results, she isn’t in the top 7.. so, must be a pretty bad score 😭

Now unto the final flight of skaters. Wi is in the lead with 196 ☺️
Will the two Senior Women hold off the three Junior GP Final girls?

1 Shin Jia 71.57
2 Kim Chaeyeon 69.25
3 Lee Haein 67.25
4 Kwon Minsol 66.27
5 Kim Yelim 65.65
6 Kim Minchae 65.31

Last edited:
Reactions: chz

chz

On the Ice
Group 3

12 Youn Seojin 183.96; wow! Who is she? Is she a Junior girl? She was really good. Into first place
11 Wi Seoyeong : she skated a cleanish program. She also made use of a seq 2A; one of her spins was questionable. I clapped so hard after her performance my iPad screen froze and is still buffering. Pretty sure she is in first place with that skate 👏
10 Kim Yujae … okay… I rebooted my iPad… she hesitated and was slow into her 3A and she fell. She does her triple triple in the second half. Her triples are simple. But, she has no flow into her jumps. She is in second at 195. Wi is first at 196… yay! I’m glad Seoyeong is ahead and with a really good score actually.
9 Han Heesue 177 … she at least had a different sounding program. Was starting to get tired of the same music. I think that is the one issue I have with Korean skaters… they copy one another, for the most part. Heesue lands her triples, but they are more like 2.5-2.75 jumps. She is in fifth place.
Agreed on the same music. Heesue can surely perform exciting music.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
6 Kim Minchae 198 - She just had the skate of her life. Same layout as Wi. But, her opening triple triple and second triple were huge. When she finished the program, she was elated. Good for her after the up and down season she has had. Into first place and we’ll deserved.
5 Kim Yelim 198 - She opened up with a badly landed 3Lz and went for a double instead of a triple. In the second half, her triple seq to 2A was good, she then two foots her next triple jump. She then goes for a triple 2T (ur) 2Lo (ur and two foot) combo. Very tentative skating. She finishes her program and the judges take the longest they have taken to give her the scores. What do you know? It is also 198. But, just enough to overtake Minchae 🤔. Yelim is relieved. But, honestly, that was very suspicious 🤨; There was a different energy with Minchae in comparison to Yelim. Yelim is in first place. Undeserved. But, I guess the Korean federation wants to ensure she goes to 4CC.
4 Kwon Minsol 200 - what a terrific skater. She did her triple triple and then a 2A 3T in the second half. Her program stands out the most in this crowd cause it is different. 🐱 She bangs into a well deserved first place. The juniors are just too good.
3 Lee Haein 204 - terrific skating. She went clean. Her jumps are much bigger than Minsol. The crowd erupted when she landed her final triple and double axel. Into first place. She always peaks when it matters. We will be seeing her at 4CC. Good job Haein applause 👏
2 Kim Chaeyeon 209 - The skates just get better and better. Chaeyeon was of course clean. Her jumps are smaller than Haein. But, she just attacks per program and skates with more confidence than Haein. I guess she locked her spot to 4CC. She is just so good. When she was waiting for her scores, there is an air of confidence of “yes, of course I’m in first place.” I don’t think this skate can be beaten. But, the skates have gotten better. One more to go.
1 Shin Jia 215 - It did get better. Jia was so smart. She saw the scores from Kim C. and backloaded her 3Lz 3T combo. Another clean skate and into first place. Wow 😮! She was shocked with her score.

The juniors took over Korean Ladies skating. I just think that Haein should have scored higher GOE on her triples in comparison to the top two. Because after Haein finished, their jumps did seem tiny in comparison to the Senior skaters. But, what an interesting competition.

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
6 Kim Minchae 198 - She just had the skate of her life. Same layout as Wi. But, her opening triple triple and second triple were huge. When she finished the program, she was elated. Good for her after the up and down season she has had. Into first place and we’ll deserved.
Minchae did a 3t3t?

readernick

Medalist
Just watched some of the top skates. IMHO, Haein was the best of the field. Her performance quality is on another level compared to the other skaters. Her triples also appeared rotated here which wasn't always the case in the past. Chaeyeon and Minsol were the other two skates that I enjoyed. Jia skated well. However, I'm never drawn in by her performance. I don't really understand her lead but I guess her layout probably gives her an advantage and the federation wants to set her up for the JGPF. Anyway, as mentioned, I really enjoyed Haein, Chaeyeon, and Minsol.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'll post the full results and protocols once I get home, I'm currently waiting for the gala

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'll post the full results and protocols once I get home, I'm currently waiting for the gala
Nice! What did you think of the competition? Curious to get your thoughts of what you thought from seeing the skates live. S. Wi was only two points away from 4CC 😭

Are the Juniors really that much better? This seemed like a competition of transition from You, Y.Kim, H. Lee to those three Junior girls.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Nice! What did you think of the competition? Curious to get your thoughts of what you thought from seeing the skates live. S. Wi was only two points away from 4CC 😭

Are the Juniors really that much better? This seemed like a competition of transition from You, Y.Kim, H. Lee to those three Junior girls.
You mean the JGPF skaters? They are great, but I wouldn't necessarily call them 'that much better'. It was just that Young and Yelim had bad skates while the JGPF girls had great skates. Haein, who had good skates, got on podium, so I wouldn't really call it a transition. It's just that the competition is getting very much fiercer.

As for my impressions, if you want them I'll post a wall of text when I arrive home.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Day 4 results

Senior Men
1 Cha Junhwan 286.55
2 Lee Sihyeong 263.20
3 Seo Minkyu 229.01
4 Kyeong Jaeseok 215.88
5 Kim Hyungyeom 205.14