2022 Team Japan (Olympics/4CC/JWC/WC) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 Team Japan (Olympics/4CC/JWC/WC)

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
It's really difficult after 4 consecutive days of data keeping....so PLEASE forgive me in case there's any more spelling mistakes later on.
You're fine, my posts today were a hot mess of spelling errors and incoherent ramblings. And thank you so much for all of the data keeping and stats, it's been really really useful. :giggle:

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
reporter said the meeting has ended, which means they are telling their decision to skaters? why it takes such a long time? Are they killing each other?
No, I think that Wakaba and Yuma are currently passed out cold while sobbing over the joy of going to their first Olympics and Yuzu has been surrounded by a horde of fans burying him with Winnie the Poohs. The only person who has been killed is Shoma, as Stephane was not happy about only one combination in the free.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I don't know how much they still use the term ばち (bachi~punishment) in Japan but growing up in Hawaii we used it quite frequently. We use the term like "karma"

I totally agree that selecting Kana and Dai over Misato and Tim should technically increase Japan's chances for a team medal

However, and I'm not going to try to explain my reasoning behind this right now but I have a bad feeling that, this decision could also result in "bachi" for Japan in the Team event

I guess what I'm trying to say is, satisfying greedy desires at the cost of the athletes' years of dedication, commitment and hard work might backfire and produce undesirable results

Okay, gotta go to work. I'm out~

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic

I don't know how much they still use the term ばち (bachi~punishment) in Japan but growing up in Hawaii we used it quite frequently. We use the term like "karma"

I totally agree that selecting Kana and Dai over Misato and Tim should technically increase Japan's chances for a team medal

However, and I'm not going to try to explain my reasoning behind this right now but I have a bad feeling that, this decision could also result in "bachi" for Japan in the Team event

I guess what I'm trying to say is, satisfying greedy desires at the cost of the athletes' years of dedication, commitment and hard work might backfire and produce undesirable results

Okay, gotta go to work. I'm out~
I think the issue with team Koko is their stagnancy. They have improved very very slowly and not really climbed up the ice dance ranks even though they have a lot of time. Of course, that's not entirely their fault, as their fed is not an ID powerhouse and they don't have nearly as much backing or funding as other teams, but Dai and Kana have shown great improvement very quickly and are bringing
something new and fresh whenever they compete.