United-States
As of Jan 3, 2022

Official Results

Seniors​

Juniors​

Last edited:

Azikin

Medalist
So what is the current status of Starr and Isabeau? I'm also wondering about Ting and Pooja...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
So what is the current status of Starr and Isabeau? I'm also wondering about Ting and Pooja...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Toyota is kindly providing a way for us to virtually cheer on our favorite athletes. You do have to give them some info (can be an email you don’t use much).

Since the juniors don’t get much attention I’m going to try to virtually cheer them on individually. Maybe I will photograph parts of my stuffie collection.

Here is the link. https://www.toyotagoodluckblvd.com/...03931&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She hasn't competed all season, is she expecting to get a "bye" to the Olympics then? Does anyone know the probability of that happening?

She would need to petition for a spot. I do not know the process, but it is not a "done deal" and judging only from her IG post, I don't see where Bradie is planning to petition. But I do not know. 🤷‍♀️

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
She hasn't competed all season, is she expecting to get a "bye" to the Olympics then? Does anyone know the probability of that happening?
I think not, mainly because as you said yourself, she hasn't been competing. So, like USFS has no results to support the spot for Bradie. But who knows, we'll see. She seems to know she won't go to Olympics though.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In my opinion, slim to none. Jason had a much stronger BOW (in my opinion) in 2016 and his petition to Worlds was denied. He was top 10 ranking in the world at the time.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since Bradie withdrew, will someone be taking that spot?

I cannot link to the source, but I have read that skaters who had a "bye" to Nats are not replaced. Skaters who "qualified" can be replaced.

I hope I have that right since I cannot immediately find a link.

Carolla5501

On the Ice
I don’t blame Bradie if she does choose to petition, but if it’s successful I would be completely shocked. Just based on what she’s written she hasn’t been skating much at all and I can’t see them thinking “oh well you know she hasn’t skated at all this year but She’ll have a competitive jump Arsenal in three weeks”. that’s just not likely in my opinion

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I cannot link to the source, but I have read that skaters who had a "bye" to Nats are not replaced. Skaters who "qualified" can be replaced.

I hope I have that right since I cannot immediately find a link.

Per USFS rulebook (Rule 2521), "For the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, there are no alternates for the championship (senior events)."
Does not matter whether the senior skater(s) who withdrew had a bye or not.

Junior events at Nats do have alternates.

(I am echoing what I previously posted in the U.S. Men thread at the time of Naumov's withdrawal.)

But in case anyone is wondering about junior dance: Even before the news that Flores/Tsarevski and the Browns will not be at Nats, there were no more junior dance competitors from Championship Series who would have been potential additions.
Freeman/Bennett already had filled the slot created by the earlier withdrawal of Larson/Appel.

The only junior couple from Championship Series who will be missing from Nats is 😭 the late Joshua Soto 😭 and Mila Guberman.

Last edited: