2023-24 Russian Local Events – Discussion | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Local Events – Discussion

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I think there's something to discuss!

All-Russian Competition for the Prizes of the Saint Petersburg Figure Skating Federation
23-26 April 2024, Figure Skating Academy

Categories: juniors (CMS), seniors (MS)
Disciplines: single and pair skating, ice dance
Notable Entries (subject to change):
Senior Women: Ksenia Gushchina, Maria Zakharova, Anastasia Zinina, Ekaterina Koltsova, Arina Kudlai, Arina Kshetskaya, Viktoria Nesterova, Valeria Ovchinnikova, Maria Paramonova, Nadezhda Ponteleenko, Lyudmila Fursova

Senior Men: Andrei Anisimov, Artur Danielian, Arseniy Dimitriev, Fedor Zonov, Kirill Kropylev, Andrei Kutovoi, Nikolai Loginov, Mark Lukin, Aleksandr Melnikov, Mikhail Polyanskiy, Semion Soloviov, Mikhail Ternovskiy, Nikolay Ugozhaev, Grigory Fedorov, Dmitri Shelkovnikov, Timofei Shelkovnikov

Junior Women: Sofia Ermolova, Eva Zubkova, Elena Kostyleva, Maria Mazur, Kira Monogarova, Sofia Pashko, Agata Petrova, Lidia Pleskacheva, Lyubov Rubtsova

Junior Men: Vadim Voronov, German Lenkov, Ilya Molyanov, Ilya Neretin, Pavel Savchenko, Aleksandr Semkov, Ivan Ramzenkov, Roman Khamzin

Senior Pairs: Viktoria Vasilieva/Roman Zaporozhets, Alisa Blinnikova/Aleksei Karpov

Junior Pairs: Viktoria Eltsova/Stepan Marishin, Sofia Diana Cousins/Aleksandr Bregei

Senior Ice Dance: Uliana Ermakova/Artem Krylov, Alisa Abdullina/Egor Petrov

1) This line-up is great even if there are withdrawals.

2) I think I should clarify that at such competitions you can compete in the MS category if you are 14 years old (by the time of the competition) and have a CMS certificate. To be able to get MS certificate. Therefore, you can see, for example, Ponteleenko in seniors.

3) So many interesting names on the list. For instance, Maria Zakharova. Will we see her comeback? This is very unexpected. Also, nice to see Rubtsova who missed the season due to a surgery. But I hope they aren't rushing things (like it happened to Zinina). I also would be glad to see Loginov who hasn't competed for some time.

4) Alisa Abdullina/Egor Petrov aged out of juniors and started doing senior competitions. They will SPb No. 3. Hopefully, there are more spots for ice dancers in RGP next season.

5) Elena Kostyleva is on the preliminary list but I think she won't compete. She has already started preparing for next season and withdrawn from the Battle of Schools final.
Edit: Kostyleva has already withdrawn

6) The fact that Maria Talalaikina isn't competing anymore probably means that she made a decision. :(

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Liza and Dario are not on the results table. :(

Weird enough. I had my doubts but posted this because Staviski said they were preparing to make their debut in a few days and he praised their RD. Probably they will skate outside of the competition or appear somewhere else? I'll wait for Dario's Telegram posts.
Serebrovskiy Memorial
11-13 April 2024, Nagorny Sports Palace, Nizhny Novgorod

Categories: novices (1 sports), juniors (CMS), seniors (MS)
Disciplines: single skating and ice dance
Notable Entries:
Senior Ice Dance: Elizaveta Pasechnik/Dario Cirisano

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
is there an all Russia competition in Samara this week?
Yes

Of notable skaters, there were Shulskaya and Zinina. Their performances weren't very different from their previous appereances. :cry:

Edit: And there were also Fedyanina and Kostina but they were far from their best shape too.
On the men's side, I see that Vladimir Oshchepkov of Perm has landed a clean quad. :clap:
For a man from a smaller city this is a big achievement.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
2) I think I should clarify that at such competitions you can compete in the MS category if you are 14 years old (by the time of the competition) and have a CMS certificate. To be able to get MS certificate. Therefore, you can see, for example, Ponteleenko in seniors.
And, when I said that, they removed all the juniors from the senior category.
But the rule exists, Shcherbinina took part in a senior competition last season. Probably not every one allows that.
Ponteleenko WD, Kudlai and Koltsova were moved to juniors.

Other WDs: Kirill Kropylev, Maria Mazur, Lyubov Rubtsova, Ivan Ramzenkov

Maria Zakharova is still on the list.

The line-up is still great especially the senior men.

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Zinina SP https://youtu.be/nEocn8T1MHw

She doesn't look having stamina issues like Maiia. But she has no jumps at all.
Nastya's FS:

It was better than at her previous competition and than the SP here, but for sure still a long way off from what she was able to do before her injury.

Also, I noticed that she seems to be here alone, I wonder what that means about her current training situation (or if I'm just reading too much into it.)

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
And, when I said that, they removed all the juniors from the senior category.
But the rule exists, Shcherbinina took part in a senior competition last season. Probably not every one allows that.
Ponteleenko WD, Kudlai and Koltsova were moved to juniors.

Other WDs: Kirill Kropylev, Maria Mazur, Lyubov Rubtsova, Ivan Ramzenkov

Maria Zakharova is still on the list.

The line-up is still great especially the senior men.
Was exited to see Lyuba again but if she isnt ready then she just isnt ready hopefully she will comeback next season.

I had given up hope that we would see Masha on a line up again, im cautiously exited but even if she ends up WD just her being on the list is a good sign that we might see her next season.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
All-Russian Competition for the Prizes of the Saint Petersburg Figure Skating Federation
23-26 April 2024, Figure Skating Academy

Categories: juniors (CMS), seniors (MS)
Disciplines: single and pair skating, ice dance
Notable Entries:
Senior Women: Ksenia Gushchina, Anastasia Zinina, Arina Kshetskaya, Viktoria Nesterova, Valeria Ovchinnikova, Maria Paramonova, Lyudmila Fursova

Senior Men: Andrei Anisimov, Artur Danielian, Arseniy Dimitriev, Fedor Zonov, Nikolai Loginov, Mark Lukin, Aleksandr Melnikov, Mikhail Polyanskiy, Semion Soloviov, Mikhail Ternovskiy

Junior Women: Sofia Ermolova, Eva Zubkova, Arina Kudlai, Alena Krivonosova, Lidia Pleskacheva, Ekaterina Koltsova

Junior Men: Vadim Voronov, Pavel Savchenko, Aleksandr Semkov

Senior Pairs: Alisa Blinnikova/Aleksei Karpov

24 junior single skaters qualify to the free skate.
18 senior single skaters qualify to the free skate.
I've updated the info about the competition. Senior roster still looks good.

Maria Zakharova has unfortunately withdrawn. But it's interesting that she was on the entry list.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Molodyets! Karina and Elena Aleksandrovna are happy - that makes my day. :giggle:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I hate my work so much! And Team meetings 😡 I missedVadim!!!! But I'm happy he's leading the pack. Hopefully I'll catch up with his performance.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Zinina has finally landed everything in her SP! She looked very happy right after the skate.

The combo was downgraded. Honestly, I think it wasn't the only jump that was underrotated, but it's still a progress.