2023 Grand Prix de France Women's Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix de France Women's Free Skate

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Yes, she is visible taller than last season.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Janna JYRKINEN 🇫🇮
The Story of Voyages by A. Schnittke

3Lz (horrible fall into the boards)
3Lo
2A
FCSp4 ( a bit slow)
2Lz
ChSq1 +.00
2A+2T+2Lo
3Lo<+2Lo (slow on 3Lo landing)
3S
CCoSp4
StSq3
LSp3

FS: 86.35
TOT: 125.92

I'm so proud of Janna for keeping it together after the opening fall. Far from what we all know she can do, but also so much better than the short program :ghug:

Last edited:

icewhite

Record Breaker
Oh god I feel for Janna. She already looked so stressed when things were going well. Now with her growth spurt and her problems I feel it would have been a question of responsibility to not put her out there. Let her grow and develop in peace.
(Obviously I don't have any insight into her personality or situation, I just see a stressed teenager. She's from a European country, even if there are other girls in Finland she should have many years still to compete.)

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Rinky, go away!
I'm worried for the free skates today... there seems to be bad energy in the rink already. Kam/O'Shea WD from pairs due to an injury during practice, Nikolaj Memola will open the men and he is currently skating on two different types of boots that are absolutely covered in tape and was bombing practice, and we have some women coming who could have some real disasters in the free. We need an emergency priest to perform an exorcism or something

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
This is one of the reasons why I'm actually quite in favour of skaters staying in Juniors for longer. The extra attention in Seniors makes it even more difficult to deal with growth-related issues :(
Totally agree.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm worried for the free skates today... there seems to be bad energy in the rink already. Kam/O'Shea WD from pairs due to an injury during practice, Nikolaj Memola will open the men and he is currently skating on two different types of boots that are absolutely covered in tape and was bombing practice, and we have some women coming who could have some real disasters in the free. We need an emergency priest to perform an exorcism or something

sage-burning.gif

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Maia MAZZARA 🇫🇷
The Last Temptation of Christ by P. Gabriel

3F+2T
3Lz (fall)
3Lo (holds on)
2A
FSSp4
LSp3
3F
3T (fall)
2S+2A+SEQ
ChSq1 +0.50
StSq2
CCoSp4 (a little slow on the upright camel)

FS: 92.41 (1st)
TOT: 137.44 (1st)

Oh no another Egyptian Arms program :dbana:. A bit of a rough skate for Maia but also lots of good moments, her 3Fs were looking really strong :console: