2023 JGP Cup of Austria Women's Short Program | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Cup of Austria Women's Short Program

siela

On the Ice
Thank you for the information. So, she has come up through the French system. :bow: :clap: :points:
That is not quite true. She has been living, training and competing in Russian domestic competitions for the whole of the figure skating career. Even last season she competed multiple times in Russia. She might have occasionally participated in French competitions too, but she is mostly the product of Russian figure skating system.
Here is a link to her profile on a Russian figure skating site that lists all the Moscow competitions she participated in during the recent years:

Last edited:

siela

On the Ice
I’m confused? Is this the French girl that placed in third place after the SP? Wasn’t her coach Panova. As in, the same Russian coach that trained Ksenia S, Alena K. And Anastasia Tarakanova? So, did Panova move to France? I’m confused… when I saw Panova coaching, I was immediately interested to find out who her student was. She creates cool programs and I was stunned by this French girl.
Yes, she is coached by Panova. Panova did not move to France and continue working in Russia.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I’m confused? Is this the French girl that placed in third place after the SP? Wasn’t her coach Panova. As in, the same Russian coach that trained Ksenia S, Alena K. And Anastasia Tarakanova? So, did Panova move to France? I’m confused… when I saw Panova coaching, I was immediately interested to find out who her student was. She creates cool programs and I was stunned by this French girl.

That is not quite true. She has been living, training and competing in Russian domestic competitions for the whole of the figure skating career. Even last season she competed multiple times in Russia. She might have occasionally participated in French competitions too, but she is 100 % the product of Russian figure skating system.

Thank you both for the clarification.

I was caught out. Sorry about that.

What didn't help is that Stefania's profiles on Rink Results and Skating Scores only have results from competitions in France. But, they do tend to not include domestic competitions in Russia. (Probably due to the Entries / Results pages being in Cyrillic script).

It's good that she is also doing competitions in Russia, because that will give her different, probably tougher, opposition, and prepare her better for facing the international skaters.

And we saw the result of that yesterday! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here is a link to her profile on a Russian figure skating site that lists all the Moscow competitions she participated in during the recent years:

And thank you so much for adding this link in while I was writing my reply. Ever since fskate.ru closed down, I have been looking for a site that lists results for skaters that includes Russian domestic competitions. And this one looks like it would do the trick!

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

siela

On the Ice
And thank you so much for adding this link in while I was writing my reply. Ever since fskate.ru closed down, I have been looking for a site that lists results for skaters that includes Russian domestic competitions. And this one looks like it would do the trick!

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan
Unfortunately, only for Moscow competitions. Here is this site you can try for all competitions in Russia, but it has mostly junior and senior level skaters: https://allskaters.info/

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unfortunately, only Moscow competitions. There is this site you can try for all competitions in Russia, but it has mostly junior and senior level skaters: https://allskaters.info/

Hey, it may be only Moscow, but it is very comprehensive! :bow: :clap: :points:

I have been using All Skaters, but as you say it is mostly for the older levels (same with Skating Scores).

fskate.ru was great for the younger levels. And it is greatly missed. The demise of that site is part of the reason I don't make predictions on the Junior GP Series any more. Because it is now difficult to find out information about skaters that are new to Junior level who came up through the Russian system.

CaroLiza_fan

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
And here is my mom's favorite, Frank. Sad she missed the jumps, she definitely has something.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
And great to see new gen of Czechs. Loved the energy from Horkchakova (I probably butchered the spelling, ouch)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yes, she is coached by Panova. Panova did not move to France and continue working in Russia.
That is what I thought. When someone mentioned she grew up in French system, I was pretty sure she grew up in Russian system due to Panova.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The BBC did a feature on Reikdal a few years ago.

I've known since Reikdal's debut last season, but didn't want to be the one to reveal it. Especially when Ted and a Brazilian GS member who was telling us a lot about her didn't mention it.

CaroLiza_fan
This is very interesting! Good on Maria and good on her family for helping her live her best life :) That's a lot of trailblazing (what with training in Brazil as well!) for a young person.

Nmsis

On the Ice
That is not quite true. She has been living, training and competing in Russian domestic competitions for the whole of the figure skating career. Even last season she competed multiple times in Russia. She might have occasionally participated in French competitions too, but she is mostly the product of Russian figure skating system.
From what I see, pre-covid, she was doing more competitions on the french circuit than in Russia.
Then covid arrived.

2017-2018 : Poussin
TDF Gap 13/01/2018
Championnats de France 3 WD

2018-2019 : Avenir
TDF Castres 26/01/2019
TDF Annecy 09/02/2019
Championnat de France 23/03/2019

2019-2020 : Minime
TDF Valence 05/10/2019
TDF Asnières 23/11/2019
TDF Nice 19/01/2020
Championnat de France Cancelled because of COVID

2020-2021 :
All competitions were cancelled because of COVID

2021-2022 : Novice
TDF Cancelled because of COVID
TDF Charleville 11/12/2021
TDF Bercy WD
Championnat de France 05/02/2022

And I don't know a lot of russian skaters who on their instagram, have stories named "voyages", "compéts" and "loisir".
And have pictures of Cédric Tour ("avec beaucoup de respect et amitié", she noted), Rodolphe Maréchal (both Nice's coaches), Adam Siao Him Fa and girls from the Nice club.
And several french skaters trying to get news from her a year ago.
Until 2020, her french competitions were all around Nice.
She may have had a foot on both sides, while she seems 100% in Moscow now.
She certainly has a backstory to explore

Last edited: