2023 JGP Cup of Austria Women's Short Program | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Cup of Austria Women's Short Program

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Somehow, I have the feeling that the women were men-ing more today than the actual men, and even more so, junior pairs was the field with the least problems. How even? What's coming next, more falls in ice dance tomorrow than in pairs? 😬

I unfortunately will not be able to watch probably the majority of the first two Rhythm Dance groups live with you all, as I have a dentist appointment. I'm hoping I'll be able to catch my babies (Grimm/Savitskiy) on the train back home, but if not, please cross your fingers for them in my stead. ❤️🤞

NiteMary

Spectator
Judges, the dress is red enough. No need for the TES box to follow suit.

Ok, some mistakes but actually Maria wasn't so bad?! Are the judges prejudiced?
Possibly. She's openly trans and complained a lot about prejudice and transphobia on the JGP last year. She even though about quitting the ice, but she came around.
Yes! Both her fathers are skating coaches, that's how she got into skating! She started on wheels, but now she competes both on the ice and on inline skates.
Maria actually trains in Brazil? Do I have a new queen to root for?
She does! That's one of her biggest challenges, actually, because we have very few ice rinks in Brazil and they're usually like 1/8th of the size of an official rink. She doesn't get a lot of chances to practice in a proper rink.

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
The BBC did a feature on Reikdal a few years ago.

I've known since Reikdal's debut last season, but didn't want to be the one to reveal it. Especially when Ted and a Brazilian GS member who was telling us a lot about her didn't mention it.

CaroLiza_fan
Kinda hard not to feel afraid to mention it openly even though she's publicly out (and talks about it on her social media) because the backlash she got last year from some people at the ISU JGP channel of all places was really awful.

Anyway her story is really touching and she's a really brave kid for overcoming so many hurdles, you guys don't know even half the story (and not even counting being transgender)... Sometimes I think about starting a fan fest for her but I'm afraid that it might be a hassle for the mods to take care of, so if you want to know a bit more abou her for now you can try googling "Maria Joaquina Reikdal patinadora" and auto translating everything lol

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Kinda hard not to feel afraid to mention it openly even though she's publicly out (and talks about it on her social media) because the backlash she got last year from some people at the ISU JGP channel of all places was really awful.

Don't worry, I realised that you (and Ted) were only thinking of her protection when you didn't mention it at the time. Because that was the exact same reason that I said nothing when I subsequently found out.

I never read the chat on livestreams, because I have heard people commenting that they can get very heated and nasty. So, I'm not really surprised to hear that this happened.

You did the right thing.

CaroLiza_fan

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
I never read the chat on livestreams, because I have heard people commenting that they can get very heated and nasty. So, I'm not really surprised to hear that this happened.
The thing is, it wasn't only during the livestream, but at her individual videos as well. Plenty of slurs and misgendering thrown around and overall nasty behavior on the comments - and reporting it didn't help at all, which is a shame as, on top of everything, she's a minor, you know.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Can you send a link? I´m not sure which of your darlings you are talking about...
The only one I call my darling (nothing else added) is Junhwan. And here's his gala:

Nmsis

On the Ice
Stefania Gladki
How long has she been skating in France?
Since forever.
She was competing in Poussin category in 2017-2018 (same as Dania Mouaden), skating in Nice.
They were slaying their age category then and Stefania has continued to, each season.

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Somehow, I have the feeling that the women were men-ing more today than the actual men, and even more so, junior pairs was the field with the least problems. How even? What's coming next, more falls in ice dance tomorrow than in pairs? 😬

I unfortunately will not be able to watch probably the majority of the first two Rhythm Dance groups live with you all, as I have a dentist appointment. I'm hoping I'll be able to catch my babies (Grimm/Savitskiy) on the train back home, but if not, please cross your fingers for them in my stead. ❤️🤞
I will support your kids if you do not make it and because I like them as well.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
you're giving up just before the last skater...
and my timing was right... I needed to do something by 5pm and I arrived at their offices at 4:50 pm ! WIN! (I would have been stressed out watching one more skater and who knows, maybe they shut down at 4:55pm)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The thing is, it wasn't only during the livestream, but at her individual videos as well. Plenty of slurs and misgendering thrown around and overall nasty behavior on the comments - and reporting it didn't help at all, which is a shame as, on top of everything, she's a minor, you know.

And that is the crux of the matter. This is a child we are talking about. Children should never have to endure this sort of abuse.

The teenage years are difficult enough to journey through without having to deal with people being nasty towards you on top of it.

I remember one time that nasty comments about one of my kids were being posted onto videos of her Junior GP appearances. They were saying she was overweight. Reporting didn't make any difference, so I contacted Ted. And next thing I knew, the comments were disabled on all Junior GP channel videos.

It just shows how much Ted cares about the young skaters, and wants to protect them.

I wish the moderators on YouTube felt the same.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Stefania Gladki

Since forever.
She was competing in Poussin category in 2017-2018 (same as Dania Mouaden), skating in Nice.
They were slaying their age category then and Stefania has continued to, each season.

Thank you for the information. So, she has come up through the French system. That makes how she did even more impressive! :bow: :clap: :points:

I wish the ISU Bios would tell us more about the skaters' histories, rather than just the current information. Yes, they have a table of results for Majors and Nationals, but that is no use for skaters that are only new to Juniors. Plus, they don't state what country that the Nationals result is for.

Looking forward to seeing her in the Free.

CaroLiza_fan

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you for the information. So, she has come up through the French system. That makes how she did even more impressive! :bow: :clap: :points:

I wish the ISU Bios would tell us more about the skaters' histories, rather than just the current information. Yes, they have a table of results for Majors and Nationals, but that is no use for skaters that are only new to Juniors. Plus, they don't state what country that the Nationals result is for.

Looking forward to seeing her in the Free.

CaroLiza_fan
I’m confused? Is this the French girl that placed in third place after the SP? Wasn’t her coach Panova. As in, the same Russian coach that trained Ksenia S, Alena K. And Anastasia Tarakanova? So, did Panova move to France? I’m confused… when I saw Panova coaching, I was immediately interested to find out who her student was. She creates cool programs and I was stunned by this French girl.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Shin Jia was wonderful. Haruna amazed me with her second place finish as she didn’t do as well as other girls domestically. The French girl was stunning and I really loved Lida’s 3F 3Lo combo.

Ayumi was so disappointed with her skate. I have a feeling this will fuel her to a good free skate tomorrow.

Minsol… I was so sad when she fell. She is usually so solid with her combo. She is going to have to fight to make the podium. The Estonian girl was good too.

However, Kara from Canada stunned me with her skating skills despite the fall. It is nice to finally have a Canadian skater skate in the final group. She fell and still place in 6th place. Good for her. Having to go for a single lutz takes away her 3Lz 3T combo. Her 3F 3T combo isn’t as solid and that is why this may be a difficult season for her. If she can land a 3T 3T combo, I recommend her changing to that combo instead for the SP. Losing points entirely on the combo, is a huge deficit to make up for.