2023 JGP Istanbul Free Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Istanbul Free Dance

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My laggy internet means I have just finished Pedersen/Chen, and I was underwhelmed

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Okay now I have to whoosh back to Italy to watch my girls

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
So despite having two teams in my predictions that placed far from where I predicted them finishing, I still got 40 pts. Not too bad :console:

OMG you have to be kidding me, didn't he break up with his previous partner because of too many freak random falls?
I doubt that he broke up with his former partner because she was falling too much, after all a number of their falls were on him too. I honestly just think he didn't see a future with them achieving success if they stayed together, they weren't improving at all. And I do think their new partnerships are better matched than Wolfkostin/Chen were, so maybe it's all for the better. 🤷‍♀️

auser

Record Breaker
OMG you have to be kidding me, didn't he break up with his previous partner because of too many freak random falls? Also I am calling the music police...POTO, why?
I recall Chen having some falls of his own but I am with you about why war horse POTO at this stage with new partner?

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Poor Pedersen kept looking over at Chen for reassurance or something in the K&C and got nothing back. In fact, she got nothing once they left the ice. I like her and think she has potential but one more fall and Jeffrey is ISO a new partner. I heard he has an older sister who used to skate. I bet she could deal with him. :wink: And yes the music for both programs. Enough!!!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Just finished the free dance stream and eagerly awaiting a dance replay of Zehnder/Sieber...where has this team been since YOG? They're so good, how exciting for team Switzerland!
I just looked back at 2020 YOG on skating scores and discovered that only 3 :eek: out of the 12 dance teams are still together! Andrea Tuba danced with his sister Giulia back then?

I also liked Paolino/Tuba and Ilin/Cain (so adorable)! If anyone has seen the sitcom Outnumbered, Dylan's hair reminds me of Ben. ;)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I felt that the free dance was weaker than previoys events, though Switzerland 🇨🇭 team was a huge discovery! Also, I liked the much laughed at Kazakhs. I have no idea what it was, but they committed to it, and it was fun. Chen's new partnership is so far disappointing. I would actually had them in 4th, with Ukrainian, Switzerland and Italy medalling

theblade

On the Ice
Both Ukranian teams (on the JGP) have a lot of raw talent, and both males have that bit of "extra" charisma to their skating presentation. The females are nicely matched with them. I like both these two teams. Don't think their music/choreo captures just how talented they are (have seen them outside of competition as well).

The Italian team (although Giulia skated in America in solo dance) gained confidence in this competition. It was great to see!