2023 NHK Trophy Men's Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2023 NHK Trophy Men's Free Skate

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
IMO they should take off that 4 Sal attempts, it takes his energy and scores would be fine with triples, 3As and gorgeous spins when he skates clean.
Yes, I'm surprised that they haven't taken note of Jason Brown's strategy of concentrating on GOE and performance points. Deniss has the skating chops to be one of the world's top skaters if Lambiel adopted this strategy IMHO.

However, maybe Deniss is perfectly able to land 4S outside of competition, and it's the psychological aspect that Lambiel is working on. Didn't Deniss land a 4S at Euros to win bronze?

icewhite

Record Breaker
I like the music choice but for some reason I don't think this is such a good program for Lukas. His movements seem a bit messy with it.

But hey, well done.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
has watching Deniss always been this stressful? :unsure:
Not when he was a Junior (before switching to Stephane)
I loved the way he jumped then and he was always a good spinner
He was so exciting to watch (not that he isn't now) and his jumps showed so much potential
I just think his current physique would better be suited for Pairs

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I think I only need Shoma to win to make my men's predictions perfect. :unsure:
But I messed up my other predictions big time and think I had none of the top5 in women's in my predictions so it won't be good overall. :rofl:
Sorry, but I need Yuma to win, so you'll have to wait for a perfect score for another day 😜

icewhite

Record Breaker
Yes, I'm surprised that they haven't taken note of Jason Brown's strategy of concentrating on GOE and performance points. Deniss has the skating chops to be one of the world's top skaters if Lambiel adopted this strategy IMHO.

However, maybe Deniss is perfectly able to land 4S outside of competition, and it's the psychological aspect that Lambiel is working on. Didn't Deniss land a 4S at Euros to win bronze?

For me one of the aspects is that his programs seem rather empty, and I wonder if he would have more time, nerves and energy for more complex transitions if he didn't have to focus on the jumps as much, or if his programs would still look the way they do. I simply can't say.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I stopped to make predictions, it is easier to supportive for everybody. It is fun, but takes time and makes too much to care about who wins.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I really enjoy and appreciate the skating of both Yuma and Shoma but judges absolutely ADORE :love: them (along with most other fans, I know)
Given their SP scores and adoration, regardless of how they perform in the FS they are shoo-ins for Final...and will qualify deservedly, I'm sure

But tbh, I was sorta hoping for Shun and Kao to go 1 and 2 in Espoo, in that order, because IMO Shun deserves GPF too

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Is there a story behind those yellow flags?

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Shoma UNO 🇯🇵
Timelapse, Spiegel im Spiegel

4Loq
4Fq
3A (forwards, hangs on)
3A+2A+SEQ
StSq4
4Tq+3T
2T
4Tq+2T
FCSp4
CSSp4
ChSq1 +1.75
FCCoSp4

FS: 186.35 (1st) TES dropped 12 points
TOT: 286.55 (1st)

Mesmerically beautiful. His rotation calls will give Yuma a chance, but he will have to be crystal clean.