2023 Russian Nationals Men's Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Nationals Men's Free Skate

niks

On the Ice
(and it's an unofficial gold, you can't talk me out of it)
I feel the same 😁

Very dramatic ending, including a strategic pause in the final scores annoucement to add the tension (Russians know drama and theatrical effects very well :LOL: )

I'm happy for the medalists and I hope they're all proud of their achievements, including those who end up somewhere short of the podium. I had like 10 guys I wanted to medal so it was never going to happen anyway 🤣🤣

Agree with somebody (Alex I think?) who said the Russian fed needs to create additional spots in the National team for men, so much wnderful talent out there and very likeable personnalities as well! You end up feeling for lots of them 🙂

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
Don't know that I every remember a tie at a Nationals- though I am sure someone here will know- gosh, that was unexpected but I love niks comment "Very dramatic ending, including a strategic pause in the final scores annoucement to add the tension (Russians know drama and theatrical effects very well :LOL: )"

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
x5zRxsR.png

ZUaRaPl.png

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
What language was that version of "Total Eclipse Of the Heart" in at the end? I couldn't make it out, but I liked it!

Never heard of the musical "Dance Of The Vampires" before. But, it sounds intriguing.

🧛‍♀️ 💃 🕺 🧛‍♂️

Hey, @elektra blue , this is probably right up your street!

CaroLiza_fan
It's originally an Austrian musical - and @CrazyKittenLady 's favourite :D This is the Russian language version!

Sadly Christmas duties are keeping me from catching all the fun live but I'm thrilled we got to witness a Petya-Zhenya tie! Looking forward to catching up :)

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Zhenya got level 3 on his spins again... I don't get it... They didn't count 'difficult exit' on his combo or what?

He has never had level 3 on all the spins even in juniors.
That was my point earlier when i said that all skaters are not equally prepared for the change in the rules regarding levels. Many of them didn't achieve level 4 in spins and steps simply because they are not fully trained for it yet. He did have an exit in that one spin which would be level 4 in previous years, but it just not counting as difficult or original to be level 4 spin according to the 'new rules'. And some skaters as lets say Kamila or Shoma will adapt easier/faster to the changes. Some will need a little more time, but i suppose they will get it at one point.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
That was my point earlier when i said that all skaters are not equally prepared for the change in the rules regarding levels. Many of them didn't achieve level 4 in spins and steps simply because they are not fully trained for it yet. He did have an exit in that one spin which would be level 4 in previous years, but it just not counting as difficult or original to be level 4 spin according to the 'new rules'. And some skaters as lets say Kamila or Shoma will adapt easier/faster to the changes. Some will need a little more time, but i suppose they will get it at one point.
I think he was just too cautious because of the pressure and didn't jump high enough after the combo spin. He easily got level 4 at the stage when there were no pressure.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Petr was so focused and I thought he would win the National title. Zhenya deserved to win the free skate. He was on and made no mistakes. But, I still prefer Petr. These two are so strong and in my opinion could have challenged for the European crown and maybe a bronze medal at Worlds, if they were allowed to compete.

Samarin, I don’t like him. But, his 4Lz is truly impressive. Aliev fought and finishing in 4th made me happy. I, also like Makar. But, Makar needs to work on stamina and the second half of the free skate.