2023 Russian Nationals Men's Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Nationals Men's Free Skate

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLDā€¦.in 2026.
Final Flight
Just in time to see Gumennik tie with Senenenko.

I apparently was watching the wrong damn event. Seems much more exciting on this side of the pond. Iā€™ll rewatch the skates later.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aww that's good interviewing them both :)

PCS is the tie breaker...hmm... Zhenya S really kicked that FS in the butt but Petr was also really epic.

What's with figure skating and it's pathological hatred of ties? (There's a whole lot of rules dedicated to declaring an overall winner on the tiniest of points... They scored the same!)

I love ties! Remember when those two high jumpers shared the gold in Tokyo? That was so fun and heartwarming!

Bring us ties! Both bow and scoring wise!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What was the pause for in the announcement?

Identical scores. Going by the order on the table, it looks like Semenenko gets it on the tie-break.

You know how after he skated I comented about Sememenko having at least a šŸ„ˆ Silver Medal to match his silver hair.

Well, now that he has upgraded it to a gold, will he dye his hair gold to match his šŸ„‡ Gold Medal?

I dare him to do it!!! :devil:

Hang on, Trankov is interviewing both of them. Does that mean that they are actually joint winners?

Oh, the drama! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Reminds me of swimming apparently if two swimmers hit the wall at the same time they'll check the .0000.

Like imagine losing gold on .0001 I'd riot.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Zhenya got level 3 on his spins again... I don't get it... They didn't count 'difficult exit' on his combo or what?

He has never had level 3 on all the spins even in juniors.

niks

On the Ice
FS is the tie-breaker.
Thanks, I was wondering why they went directly with Zhenya as the winner and this explains it

Still, what a final, it's quite something that the judges managed somehow to come out with the exactly same combined scores! šŸ˜²

Must be a bit bittersweet for Petr though, silver is a huge result for him but earning it like this.... guess it'll take a while for him to process everything... seems a bit in shock right now trying to answer the questions in the interview. His coach seemed a bit let down as well and I feel for her, she looks very involved and caring.

By the way, nice that they had the interview with both of them, they both look like the champions to me :)

Happy for Sasha's medal as well.

Pairluv

Final Flight
If only Petr hadn't put that hand down on the quad he'd have had the points for gold. But, still, what an exciting final group.