2023 Sectional Series August (Skate Ontario) | Aug 18-20 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Sectional Series August (Skate Ontario) | Aug 18-20

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well well... from the comments, I feel very happy I enjoyed my sunny funday Sunday. I have watched Gabby's program. I don't think it's that bad at all. The first half : typical Gabby. Jumps are so big that they are hard to control. She didn't do her 3-3 combo and couldn't do a combo on the lutz as it was sooooo high that the landing got wonky. The flip is Gabby's worse jump. Just seeing her on her feet there makes me happy. 2axel was nice. The program is quite nice too. I like it for her. Sure, she had a few issues in the second half with doubling a couple jumps and a fall on the second lutz... but really, she also lost tons of points not being able to complete her first spin and get decent levels on the other elements after her boot came undone. She could have stopped and she did not. She got level 4s everywhere in the SP so I don't see why she wouldn't get those again in normal circumstances.

The score is low but this is what happens in such circumstances.

So bravo Gabby for your courage, I hope the ankle won't hurt too much tomorrow.

I am not planning to watch the rest if nobody was able to pass Gabby. :)

Regarding Maddie, for the records, I have complained about every single WD we have seen this season at these events. I even didn't go to the LPs at CQÉ because of Max and Deanna w/d among other people and other reasons for not going.
I agree fans, including myself, need to give the skaters some slack in the very early weeks of the season as some may not have their programs ready or even the stamina to deliver them. I am okay with that. However, I also think it's normal, considering the history of Skate Canada not to give outings to the skaters to complain about that, especially when pretty much all our single skaters have consistency issues. So that's that :)

I don't think Maddie received more flack than some others, at the same time, there is only one spot in women, so I believe it's normal fans expect to see her especially, compete, as others have been out a couple times already.

Let's see if Skate Canada sends anyone else to ACI but I don't think anyone at Skate Ontario did well enough to get a spot really. Maybe Aleksa at Skate BC. At this point, I would send Sara-Maude or Fiona though neither had great outings but they are so new and young on the circuit that competing at home is more important imho.

soccerjc77

On the Ice
Don't know why but I have a soft spot for Gabby and I would like that she got a spot for autumn classic international.
If skate canada gave her a spot at autumn classic international, I think that she would be great and motivated to do well at this event.
I like both of her program this year !

Sackie

Medalist
I think part of Gabby's problem is that she gets too motivated at times and loses control of her jumps. She actually needs as little pressure as possible so she can stay calm. Like last year's short at SCI - no one expected her to do well so she had no pressure and therefore did very well. In the long she skated 2nd to last and had added pressure, and therefore she again did not do well.