2023 Sectional Series August (Skate Ontario) | Aug 18-20 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Sectional Series August (Skate Ontario) | Aug 18-20

icewhite

Record Breaker

Lili1122

Rinkside
Maddie Schizas has withdrawn from the FP today, but her SP to Farrucas was really good!
this SP was choreographed by Adrian Diaz, Madison Hubbell and Scott Moir

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Maddie Schizas has withdrawn from the FP today, but her SP to Farrucas was really good! this SP was choreographed by Adrian Diaz, Madison Hubbell and Scott Moir

I’m starting to notice the pattern. If you are in National Team, you compete in SP and then withdraw from LP. I wanted to watch her free skate program. Her short program is excellent.

Guess Gabby is the one left. I watched Gabby short program and I expect her free skate to be full of inconsistent landed jumps. Her 3T 3T was wonky and she barely landed her last jump.

Sackie

Medalist
Seems to be a lot of withdrawals at this event. Was hoping Maddie would do the Free just so we can see if she can put two good skates back to back this year. That is the one area where she really struggled last year.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Seems to be a lot of withdrawals at this event. Was hoping Maddie would do the Free just so we can see if she can put two good skates back to back this year. That is the one area where she really struggled last year.
She definitely should have especially after her issues with her free last season. This is the time to figure out where the issues are with it in competition. Sara-Maude didn't have the best free at CQE, but that's fine. She has some idea of what the issues with it are in competition and can make changes before SCI.

icewhite

Record Breaker
I don't really understand this. Are they lacking the endurance yet to do two programs? Or did they have to start the competition despite wanting to and could then withdraw?

soccerjc77

On the Ice
Maybe Maddie is scare to be beating by Daleman in the FS, so the simple solution for not make it happen is to withdraw ...

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I'm sorry, but what is this negativity exclusively towards Maddie, even accusing her of being afraid of competition, when Stephen and Perreira/Michaud withdrew after the Short Program too?
And Stellato/Deschamps withdrew after the Short at their Summer Competition too, but I am not seeing any of the same negativity towards them either.

At this point in the season, a lot of people will only do one program in domestic competitions, usually the Short (but not always), mostly because they don't feel comfortable enough with the new Free Skate to show it in competition yet (or because they are keeping one program), I really don't get why people are so surprised.

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Who do I see in this warmup? 👀

An Olympic Gold Medalist 🥇 (Probably the only Olympic Champion still currently competing in figure skating 😝)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
😭 Her jumps were so wonky, that she is unable to do combos. But, I was happy with the first half. Then, disaster and I think she might have injured herself 😭

I’m so sad 😞 Daleman has such bad luck 😭

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
😭 Her jumps were so wonky, that she is unable to do combos.
Don't think that's why she didn't do any combos in the first half, she could have easily done a 3T+2T on the first 3T (because that jump was great) and a 2A+2T.
Then, disaster and I think she might have injured herself 😭
Her boot came undone, but from her facial expression, I too think she got hurt when it came undone. Probably because she suddenly lost basically all ankle support.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Uhh.. caught up with boys and men. WD, sigh.

Then conitnued live with the women (second half) and saw next WD. Humpf.
Then Gabby 🫣 omg how could she continue!
I thought it happened at the forward landed Axel but maybe that was only the result? Looked dangerous though.

And Caitlyn Kukulowicz, you have a new fan 🤩 Love... Actually soundtrack 🏆

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Should be close between Daleman and last years 14th place finisher at Canadian Nationals. Lots of urs by Katherine. But, she went after all the triples. Her skating skills though, are on par with Uliana 😞

Edit: her PCS score given was ok. But, the TES score went down by about ten points, as expected. Not even in the top three.

Last edited:

yesterday

Record Breaker
Should be close between Daleman and last years 14th place finisher at Canadian Nationals. Lots of urs by Katherine. But, she went after all the triples. Her skating skills though, are on par with Uliana 😞
she's 5th overall but a close third in the FS

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Miriam skated almost as well as she could skate. Will this be enough?

Edit: Miriam won the free skate, but, it wasn’t enough to catch up with our Olympic Champion

Last edited:

yesterday

Record Breaker
very close FS win!

And we have six points between the first four 😲
I don't think Maddie would have been afraid of that field?

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, Gabby still held on to win this competition. She is an Olympic Champion for a reason.

After her weird landing on her only combo attempt… 2S 2A << …. She stopped and didn’t know what to do. She then skipped a spin and then went for a level one step sequence followed by a level 1 spin and due to these last two elements, she won 🥇

See…. Never give up.

I have a feeling that this year may be a domestic season for Gabby. But, if not injured, would love to see her at Sectionals, Challenger event and hopefully, Nationals. Maybe, this win, might give Skate Canada a reason to still send her internationally as she wasn’t bad at her two GP events last season and still scored 170+ internationally.