2023 Skate Canada Men's Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Men's Free Skate

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kao's speed and power are undeniable.

He may love this music, but I would never know it watching him. I would love if he paid some more attention to performance. He is so personable after the skate, I know he has it in him.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I agree that they should absolutely send them out before nationals. But I'm not entirely sure if that's the whole problem. I mean, I don't think purely getting them out to compete is going to solve his problems, although it may have an effect on the nerves I guess. But doesn't Conrad skate in the public rank or whatever that Osmond used to skate in? I feel like at some point I remember that she did a lot of practicing in a skating Mall rink or something like that and that's why she was so expressive and comfortable performing. Maybe I'm Wrong
i don't think he would get phased by skating while shoppers are passing by. Conrad has improved a lot. He needs experience. Gogolev is a headcase. Wesley is young and super ambitious. Roman, no comment. They need opportunities. There is no reason someone like Kaiya should fall 2 or 3 times in a competition. There may be other reasons but the pressure of home worlds with a rather open field in men should make Skate Canada react and quicker than later.

ETA Kaetlyn always had a competition drive

discodisco

On the Ice
Kao, definitely enough to take the lead, but is it enough for podium....?
This program really works well for him, I love it :biggrin:

That Axel fall was so scary though, I'm glad he seems ok.
You know what though, even the fall was impressive wasn't it?! She had so much speed and flow out of that thing :) and I'm kind of being serious. Yes it was a dramatic fall, but that's because he has so much momentum in it. I'd rather see that then a lesser fall that results from a guy stalking his triple axle or going into it barely faster than walking speed. Know what I mean?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well seeing kazuki... you know, conrad's quads were big and rotated and much better. Of course, the rest of his jumps caused him a lot of grief but I will focus on the positive. In both the SP and LP, son had good quads.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Eeee Jun time! 🥰

Oh wait he DOES have see through fabric on his shirt, so still the Jun we know and love.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Kazuki probably doesn't want to be stamped as only a "fun" skater, hence I understand the selection of this music.... but it really needs some build up in the music, it's so flat throughout 😐