2023 World Team Trophy Gala Exhibition | Golden Skate

2023 World Team Trophy Gala Exhibition

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

ISU World Team Trophy

Apr 13 - Apr 16, 2023

Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium (Tōkyō Taiikukan)
1 Chome-17-1 Sendagaya, Shibuya City,
Tokyo 151-0051, Japan

GALA
Sunday, 16 April 2023
14:00 JST (UTC +9)

Time in Other Places

Where Are You Watching? Thread

ISU Livestream Channel
Thanks to @Rikku
Running order:

It is scheduled, but Peacock is not showing it.

I hope this is not blocked for you.
Thanks to @yesterday:

Tell us all about it!

Last edited:

Kris135

On the Ice
Well at first the Worlds gala wasn't up on Peacock either but guess what it finally did get put up so there is chance that Peacock will put the time up today sometime, so just patient hopefully Peacock will get around to putting up the time for it. If not I will set up my computer get a VPN for the gala and so I can finally get to see the rest of Skate America that I missed at the beginning of the season.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
youtube has it (with VPN)

I have no idea how you people find this. I went to my laptop with the VPN and keyed up the ladies free, then I did every kind of search I know how to do in youtube, ISU or no, to find this and nada...zip....bingo....so I went to GS on my laptop, brought up this thread, and book marked the gala that way.....I need a 17 year old living with me to do this kind of thing......HAEIN! Dont worry about ALW Canceling POTO on broadway after 35 years and 14,000 performances, at a cost of 1 million a week to put it on....come over here and help me!!!! Angel of Music!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Team USA has its own exhibition?😄

Also, Madi and Evan, Kaori, RikaRyu and Jason have two numbers next to their names. Are they doing two programs, or a quirk of being the last ones to skate?

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Team USA has its own exhibition?😄

Also, Madi and Evan, Kaori, RikaRyu and Jason have two numbers next to their names. Are they doing two programs, or a quirk of being the last ones to skate?
I think there is usually a group number of sorts, for teams that medal.

Do we know who won the Team KnC award? My nominee would be Team Korea! Impressive choreographic skills, to say nothing of great fighting spirit :)

gleungc6

On the Ice
The easiest way to find the full replays on the ISU youtube is to go to their channel (using a VPN if needs must) at https://www.youtube.com/@SkatingISU and then clicking on the 'LIVE' tab, which is at this web page https://www.youtube.com/@SkatingISU/streams. If you click LIVE (the default sorting system is by chronological order) you'll see full replays for all events and any upcoming live streams, like the gala!

I really hope Korea wins best Team Spirit as they brought along a prop relevant to every skater's programme, were screaming at a fever pitch, had unique K&C choreo, and know all of each other's program contents!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Maybe they plan an encore for them.

It is normal for Galas in Japan to have the Champions of each category do their EX programme, and then do an encore of part of one of their competition programmes.

But, I'm not sure I agree with the way that they are doing it here.

Basically, they are still having it so that somebody from each category gets to do the encore. And they have divided them evenly between the winning team, and the host team.

That's understandable from the "keeping the spectators happy" point of view. But, it means that although Ice Dance Champions Chock / Bates (USA) are getting an encore, none of the other category Champions are:

• 2nd position Kaori Sakamoto (JPN) is getting the Ladies encore instead of Champion Lee Haein (KOR)
  • 4th position Jason Brown (USA) is getting the Men's encore instead of Champion Cha Junhwan (KOR)
  • 2nd position Miura / Kihara (JPN) are getting the Pairs encore instead of Champions Scimeca / Frazier (USA)

I feel so sorry for the Koreans. Not only did they finish second in the Team results but, from looking at the very useful results tables that @dorispulaski has so kindly constructed for us, the Koreans actually won both Singles categories. But, they are not getting special recognition of any of this in the Gala.

That said, I can totally understand why the skaters that got the encores were given them:

• Recently crowned Ladies World Champion Kaori Sakamoto (JPN)
  • Incredibly popular everywhere Jason Brown (USA)
  • Recently crowned Pairs World Champions Miura / Kihara (JPN)

But, it's still not fair on the Koreans.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching it. And in particular finding out what the Team numbers are like.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
But, it's still not fair on the Koreans.
the entire WTT is not fair to start with as heavily catered towards single skating. There is no cumulative ranking really... though we can do the maths ourselves but there is no medal attributed to individual skaters... If it does look like Cha and Lee have won overall... it doesn't work like this in reality... it's a team event... so they do a special number for the winning team and one for the host team... they have picked outstanding skaters for the gala and I don't think they forgot anyone really. The encore is often just a 20-30 second snippet of a program... no big deal really. I don't think it's sends any message out... or that it is lacking in terms of recognition... One cannot blame them to favour Kaori or RR.... and as you said, Jason is extremely popular.

In some ways, it sucks for Koreans but in some, it really doesn't because they had the worst pairs and dance teams and still did so well overall :) and got a big patch of cash :) i mean... let's not read too much into this... it's just for fun :) and it was fun :)