2023 World Team Trophy Gala Exhibition | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 World Team Trophy Gala Exhibition

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
giphy.gif
Its like you KNOW me....

Kris135

On the Ice
Sorry....I just want him to be happy....skating in shows....uninjured....please dont stay in comps....talk to Nathan Chen and read his book...
The other Chris
I am not taking about an individual Olympic medal for Jason. I am looking at the team event where Jason can get nearly 100 points in a short program to set one of the heavy hitters like Ilia to bring the team medal home to the US. I mean why didn't the US allow Jason to compete in the team event in Beijing. I mean Nathan needed worry solely on getting individual Olympic Gold Medal and Zhou long was only slightly better than he did at Nationals, though if you ask me Ilia should gotten Zhou spot to start with. The main reason I supported having Jason on the Olympic team was the team event because he so stable and consistent and can get nearly 100 points in a short program almost every time he skates. My ideal Olympic team last year would have Nathan, Ilia, and Jason. Zhou should not have been close in my opinion mostly because it seemed he was imploding almost every other skate. I mean in the 2021:worlds he did not make the free skate the year before at Nationals he was 4th. Main body of work was a bronze world medal in 2019 and beating Nathan Chen on the worst competition he had since to the 2018 Olympics. One of the biggest reasons that Ilia did not make the team was the lack of BOW, and how he was supposed to get it during a world wide pandemic is beyond me. I mean everything that Ilia would qualified for that would help the BOW was canceled. Almost all ISU junior level events canceled for the 2020-1 season and then in 2021 the entire Junior and Senior Grand Prix was cancelled which really hurt Ilia because if he had scored anywhere close to what he did at junior worlds it may have been enough to put him over the top on getting that spot. But I now back to Jason. Jason has been talking about going until 2026 and looking at the rest of the US men who are competing right now I just can not see more than two beating him. Now this is with the qualifier that Chen and Zhou do not come back competition if one or both does than that changes everything but I would bet on it. I mean Jason seems to be happy and he wants to compete on somewhat reduced schedule for the run up to 2026 Olympics I would like him to do so. He is relevant he just made top 5 in last month's world Championships. I think he would make every good captain for 2026 Olympic US FIgure Skating Team, if he wants to do so. I still think there is room for another Olympic team medal in his cabinet and he can and wants to try let him for it.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am not taking about an individual Olympic medal for Jason. I am looking at the team event where Jason can get nearly 100 points in a short program to set one of the heavy hitters like Ilia to bring the team medal home to the US. I mean why didn't the US allow Jason to compete in the team event in Beijing. I mean Nathan needed worry solely on getting individual Olympic Gold Medal and Zhou long was only slightly better than he did at Nationals, though if you ask me Ilia should gotten Zhou spot to start with. The main reason I supported having Jason on the Olympic team was the team event because he so stable and consistent and can get nearly 100 points in a short program almost every time he skates. My ideal Olympic team last year would have Nathan, Ilia, and Jason. Zhou should not have been close in my opinion mostly because it seemed he was imploding almost every other skate. I mean in the 2021:worlds he did not make the free skate the year before at Nationals he was 4th. Main body of work was a bronze world medal in 2019 and beating Nathan Chen on the worst competition he had since to the 2018 Olympics. One of the biggest reasons that Ilia did not make the team was the lack of BOW, and how he was supposed to get it during a world wide pandemic is beyond me. I mean everything that Ilia would qualified for that would help the BOW was canceled. Almost all ISU junior level events canceled for the 2020-1 season and then in 2021 the entire Junior and Senior Grand Prix was cancelled which really hurt Ilia because if he had scored anywhere close to what he did at junior worlds it may have been enough to put him over the top on getting that spot. But I now back to Jason. Jason has been talking about going until 2026 and looking at the rest of the US men who are competing right now I just can not see more than two beating him. Now this is with the qualifier that Chen and Zhou do not come back competition if one or both does than that changes everything but I would bet on it. I mean Jason seems to be happy and he wants to compete on somewhat reduced schedule for the run up to 2026 Olympics I would like him to do so. He is relevant he just made top 5 in last month's world Championships. I think he would make every good captain for 2026 Olympic US FIgure Skating Team, if he wants to do so. I still think there is room for another Olympic team medal in his cabinet and he can and wants to try let him for it.
If Jason wants to, I see nothing wrong for him personally to do shows and nats and worlds for awhile...I just want him to be injury free going into pro life....lots of injuries never heal 100 percent, and the older you get, the worse that becomes....he is so artistic he can get good scores without those blankety blank quads....leave them to the kids.... Jason is 28....I recieved permanent injuries at 35 and 50....I am not debilitated...but I have to be careful....
Jason, stay away from the GP meat grinder....

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I zipped through the gala using timestamps someone posted.

I had seen several of these at the Skate America gala live but enjoyed Jun's Nessun Dorma complete with the quad sal and 3A. Looks like an old or new SP?

The send-off for Keegan was bittersweet including the message from his wife and kids. His backflips over his fellow skaters will be missed.

I adore Kaori's Love Shack and the goofy joy she brings. I hope she gets to meet the B52s sometime.

Everyone seemed to really enjoy their time at WTT and a great way to end a long season. Onto 2023-24!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I zipped through the gala using timestamps someone posted.

I had seen several of these at the Skate America gala live but enjoyed Jun's Nessun Dorma complete with the quad sal and 3A. Looks like an old or new SP?

The send-off for Keegan was bittersweet including the message from his wife and kids. His backflips over his fellow skaters will be missed.

I adore Kaori's Love Shack and the goofy joy she brings. I hope she gets to meet the B52s sometime.

Everyone seemed to really enjoy their time at WTT and a great way to end a long season. Onto 2023-24!
I liked Jun's Nessun Dorma also....I also liked hearing John Denver's music.....he has lots of songs that would adapt well....it is very nice that people posted the firing order here....since the cursor on youtube gives previews, it was easy to zip forward and back to certain skaters....
Had to look up B52s...we had them at our local USAFB! LOL!