2024 Canadian National Skating Championships : Pre Game Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian National Skating Championships : Pre Game Chat

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Skate Canada is late here. That's a given. At the same time, as someone who has watched Challenge, there won't be any surprise about the entry lists. Feel free to browse the Challenge thread, some of us took the time to explain who is going and who is not going. ;)
At this point, the only surprise will be if someone isn't on the start order. Hopefully no surprises there 🤞

Ice Palace did post that Ethan Scott would be at Nationals, which is the one I was curious about since he withdrew after the short at Challenge.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, we are going anyway for most of it, but I hope to see the entries on the 2nd. :coffee:

WarmCheers

Rinkside
Saw more clips from Evans/Parkinson camp (now under the banner of TLSS) on their preparation for Nationals,

Haven't seen other clubs/academies post training videos.

Also Maddie posted her training day. Looks so lonely...

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am Team Roman - even though he is sight unseen. I think two things may help him this time to overcome nervous mistakes.
  • He is just chomping at the bit to want to compete again and will not give in so easily to doubt after all he has overcome this year. I look for a solid, but not necessarily stunning skate from him. I expect an I'm back, I'm finally back skate from him.
  • After all the luggage and travel mishaps - the universe owes him. Karma will pay its debt.
  • I am sending all kinds of good juju his way.
  • positive vibes i send to you.JPG

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
If they weren't ready to post right before the holidays, I suspect it will not happen right after the holidays ;) I give them a couple days before calling 9-1-1

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
For me, the Starting order and Results tab (yay!) gives the list

Shiryaeva is in seniors.

Mom and I are going to do Tue-Wed, skip Thursday and maybe Fri Afternoon. Mom's flight got cancelled, so she got new ticket for Sunday & I am not sure I'd go to the Gala on my own.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
For me, the Starting order and Results tab (yay!) gives the list

Shiryaeva is in seniors.

Mom and I are going to do Tue-Wed, skip Thursday and maybe Fri Afternoon. Mom's flight got cancelled, so she got new ticket for Sunday & I am not sure I'd go to the Gala on my own.
they just posted it.

We knew about Uliana. She competed at Challenge in Seniors so of course, she was going to be in seniors at Nationals ;)

Let us know about attending live !!!!

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Custodio/Hammer are in for junior pairs, I was hoping they'd make it in after the withdrawal from Challenge!

slider11

Medalist
Canadian Nationals are my favoirte! I'm not Canadian but really enjoy the passion and skill demonstrated by all skaters and the educated enthusiasm of the audience!

As to starting order, I'm wondering why Piper and Paul are in the middle of the starting order for ice dance. Maybe because they did not compete in last year's Nationals due to Piper's surgery recovery?

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Canadian Nationals are my favoirte! I'm not Canadian but really enjoy the passion and skill demonstrated by all skaters and the educated enthusiasm of the audience!

As to starting order, I'm wondering why Piper and Paul are in the middle of the starting order for ice dance. Maybe because they did not compete in last year's Nationals due to Piper's surgery recovery?
That's right, it's because they didn't compete at Nationals last year. Byed skaters skate in the order of their previous placement at senior Nationals. No placement = before the other skaters who did compete.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will update Rewatch tomorrow as I need to eat & sleep before work…of course they update after I leave the forum

DONE!

Last edited: