2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Men SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Men SP

rain

Record Breaker
Gabriel Blumenthal is a gorgeous skater. Such effortless speed. What are the chances he can get the bigger jumps?

soccerjc77

On the Ice
Bruce Waddell :
Nice lutz in the combo but lost focus on the triple toe
Good double axel
Secure triple flip with nice hight
The spin were good and I like the presentation of the program.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I love Bruce so much. Too bad about the mistakes. He is soooo nice to watch. Ted was praising Gabriel but if there is one skater with good skating skills, it's Bruce

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
There were a couple of bobbles, but there were also some really nice moments in his program. Nice work! :) Bruce is a beautiful skater, with wonderful run of the blade, as one would expect. I'm always baffled when he is given low marks for SS.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The ice dance fan in me loves watching the stretch in Bruce's spin positions(aside from the botched one) and his stsq.
i was about to comment about his camel gorgeous position and he botched the switch...

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK... I like Gabriel but he is no Patrick Chan... I understand we are in a rut in terms of a great skating skill skater right now but yeah.. .let's not invent things ;)

I always have to check myself when watching early groups of developing skaters. I hope to see surprises, a new skater to watch, a potential favorite. But sometimes I forget that these young guys work incredibly hard to make their national championship, which might be the greatest honor of their skating career that they'll ever have.

But I agree with your main point. There's got to be a be a way to provide knowledgeable, and yet encouraging, commentary without proclaiming the rebirth of John Curry for a skater who is not there, at least yet.