2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Men SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Men SP

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Wow - Fantastic job, Mikhail!! :) I have never even heard of him, but I was quite impressed. He's very polished and refined, and I love his landing positions and posture. He takes his time and completes his movements really well. He's definitely someone to watch!

soccerjc77

On the Ice
Mikhail Mogilen :
Each jump was well excecute with nice flow on the landing
A lot of repetitive similar ballet movement in the choreography maybe changing some of the arm movement for improving the program ...
He will be happy with this skate, he skate well overall !

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I always have to check myself when watching early groups of developing skaters. I hope to see surprises, a new skater to watch, a potential favorite. But sometimes I forget that these young guys work incredibly hard to make their national championship, which might be the greatest honor of their skating career that they'll ever have.

But I agree with your main point. There's got to be a be a way to provide knowledgeable, and yet encouraging, commentary without proclaiming the rebirth of John Curry for a skater who is not there, at least yet.
we are on the same page... For most of these guys, the achievement is to be at Nationals. Let's celebrate them.
Let's call the Patrick Chans, when we see them... I haven't seen a Patrick Chan anywhere since he did retire.... maybe with the exception of Joseph Phan who was approaching that quality but not quite yet... Jo had to retire with a very serious knee injury... so we will never know if he may have gotten there.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mikhail Mogilen :
Each jump was well excecute with nice flow on the landing
A lot of repetitive similar ballet movement in the choreography maybe changing some of the arm movement for improving the program ...
He will be happy with this skate, he skate well overall !

I had just posted that I looked for new talent worth following in the early groups.

And right on time, Mikhail showed up. Never heard of him, but he brought something different, and he delivered it with confidence.

As you note, improvements are necessary, but that was very admirable.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
What a shame about the fall on the 3F and missing combination! :( There's something very likeable about Alec, and I do find that he is improving each year. Hopefully he'll be able to have a great FS!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think Anthony should remove the Biellmann though because that spin without it is worth more points... his flexibility is impressive but getting there is making him lose momentum in that spin... however, the illusion in the first spin I believe is the best in the world right now. Now I understand why the ISU bulleted that feature for the spins... if done like this, it's amazing... too bad, that was the first ever one I saw that looked good :)