Alexandra Trusova | Page 128 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_2R1Gtphg2/
This photo is all more heartbreaking now.
I’m sure Eteri had a very special connection with Sasha, but I know Sasha’s an ambitious girl, and those bronzes probably caused a big upset. But her determination and bravery is going to pull her through, no doubt.
Plushenko, you better do well with Sasha! I beg you!

Scott512

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_2R1Gtphg2/
This photo is all more heartbreaking now.
I’m sure Eteri had a very special connection with Sasha, but I know Sasha’s an ambitious girl, and those bronzes probably caused a big upset. But her determination and bravery is going to pull her through, no doubt.
Plushenko, you better do well with Sasha! I beg you!
Amazing picture. Sasha may have never recovered from her crying at natioals. Eteri must be absolutely devastated losing her. Plushenko got Sasha especially after Plushenko tried to steal Alina away from Eteri recently. I think its almost impossible for one coach to coach so many talented skaters in just one discipline. But EG does it.

This coaching move is gamble by Sasha's father. It would be interesting to see if it pays off next season and leading up to the Olympics. But money talks and Plushenko has a lot of money.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Luck... the only thing she lacks...

I hoped this day cannot be worse. Yet close to the evening I opened my comp and those shocking news...

I have to say that after a few hours of absorbing the news, I am now curious to see what cooperation with Plushenko might do for her. He knows something about strong come backs and fighting to the last.

Heh, I wonder if she ends up skating for Azerbaijan or other post-Soviet state.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I'm shocked by this news!!

It's a big risk to take when the Olympics are getting closer but I guess Sasha is an all or nothing risk taker. Can't say I believe she will get better results with her new coaching team but still, wish her all the best and as always, I'm looking forward to watching her skate :)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I have to say that after a few hours of absorbing the news, I am now curious to see what cooperation with Plushenko might do for her. He knows something about strong come backs and fighting to the last.

Heh, I wonder if she ends up skating for Azerbaijan or other post-Soviet state.

I doubt RusFed would allow her to represent other country, but anything can happen. With every new surprise I think to myself that I shouldn't be surprised anymore :)

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Amazing picture. Sasha may have never recovered from her crying at natioals. Eteri must be absolutely devastated losing her. Plushenko got Sasha especially after Plushenko tried to steal Alina away from Eteri recently. I think its almost impossible for one coach to coach so many talented skaters in just one discipline. But EG does it.

This coaching move is gamble by Sasha's father. It would be interesting to see if it pays off next season and leading up to the Olympics. But money talks and Plushenko has a lot of money.
From what you can read in an article sasha and herparents were ready to leave twice before in the last season. First after rusnats to a foreign coach (raf ? Orser? Who knows) eteri talked them out of it, then again after euros, eteri again talked her out of it apparently , they probably hope worlds would be the one where she got to be the at her betsbut since worlds never came to be... And eteri didn't try for a 3time to talk he out of it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Finley

Record Breaker
Best wishes to Sasha and all of her fans going forward on this new adventure in her journey! :luv17:

elysium

On the Ice
It surely is a big risk to take, but it is certainly courageous to take this step. Wishing Sasha all the best with the new coaching team. It would be quite interesting to see what new directions it will bring.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Obviously, when you feel you are stuck in a rut or want to expand, a radical change of environment is the best way to start afresh.

With two seasons until the 2022 Olympics, this is the right moment for a young and prospective athlete like Aleksandra.

Good flight, little Pocket Rocket, keep landing those quads conquering the cosmos :)

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
From what you can read in an article sasha and herparents were ready to leave twice before in the last season. First after rusnats to a foreign coach (raf ? Orser? Who knows) eteri talked them out of it, then again after euros, eteri again talked her out of it apparently , they probably hope worlds would be the one where she got to be the at her betsbut since worlds never came to be... And eteri didn't try for a 3time to talk he out of it.

Daniil said that they did try to talk her family out of it this time too. They talked to her family, but that Sasha didn’t want to talk to them. Which is understandable, it must have been a very hard decision for Sasha and her family and talking to Eteri and Daniil would have been very emotional. I hope that this coaching change will be good for her and make her happy! I like seeing her bubbly smile in the kiss and cry :)

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Daniil said that they did try to talk her family out of it this time too. They talked to her family, but that Sasha didn’t want to talk to them. Which is understandable, it must have been a very hard decision for Sasha and her family and talking to Eteri and Daniil would have been very emotional. I hope that this coaching change will be good for her and make her happy! I like seeing her bubbly smile in the kiss and cry :)
They talked to them isn't the same as trying to talk them out of it

Scott512

Record Breaker

This was her parents decision not Sasha's. Very risky. And according to Fabienne that they tried to leave twice before during the season. What? So Sasha dominates for 2 years is the greatest Junior figure skater ever in any discipline wins her first two grand prix events going away and then takes bronze at Russian Nationals and her parents want her to change coaches? mother nature is also kicking in with Sasha growing a few in during the season and it's harder to do quads when you grow a few inches. I just hope when Sasha is old enough she makes her decisions and her parents live with that. I certainly wish Sasha the best she's a credit to her sport and unbelievably nice kid. I hopefully Plushenkos and his staff do the job for her. but because he's an all-time great figure skater does not mean he will help her as a coach and that is the scary thing.

I certainly hope she's happy in her new situation because the pressure will be on Sasha to deliver next season if there is a next season.

Skuratov

On the Ice
Parents are supposed to want the best for their children. Parents do anything (including crazy things) to provide their children with well-being, happiness, and success. The choice of Vyacheslav and Svetlana is the opposite. They have decided to kill their daughter's career.
Sasha is following in the footsteps of Elena Radionova twice winning the JWC and then fading away.
She wants to go to the Olympics but has taken the opposite path towards Beijin. I feel very sorry for her, and I feel very angry for her parents.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Parents are supposed to want the best for their children. Parents do anything (including crazy things) to provide their children with well-being, happiness, and success. The choice of Vyacheslav and Svetlana is the opposite. They have decided to kill their daughter's career.
Sasha is following in the footsteps of Elena Radionova twice winning the JWC and then fading away.
She wants to go to the Olympics but has taken the opposite path towards Beijin. I feel very sorry for her, and I feel very angry for her parents.
So you were there with them and can say eith absolute certainty that Sasha wasn't asked what she wants? She and her parents were ready to leave twice before in the last season, after rusnats and than after euros and you could see that soemthing was shifting already then. We do not know what happenend . But for me it doesntreally come as a surprise not after last season. You could see sans a becoming unhappier as the season did go on because no matter hoe many said that she wasn't interested in winning but just jumping all her quads itwasntthe truth and anyone eith eyes could see it

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
They are already looking for choreographers for Sasha. They may even work with foreign choreographers. Will be interesting to see what kind of programs they will create for Sasha.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
They are already looking for choreographers for Sasha. They may even work with foreign choreographers. Will be interesting to see what kind of programs they will create for Sasha.
It will be interesting to say the least to see what her programms will look with another choreographer.

Scott512

Record Breaker

that she wanted to leave after she had a bronze competition or two is very alarming. But now Sasha gets to be Queen without question at the Plushenko Academy. Perhaps your parents think being around one of the all-time great figure skaters will help Sasha become great on the senior-level.

By the way what's this taptalk line after every post of yours?

Obviously, when you feel you are stuck in a rut or want to expand, a radical change of environment is the best way to start afresh.

With two seasons until the 2022 Olympics, this is the right moment for a young and prospective athlete like Aleksandra.

Good flight, little Pocket Rocket, keep landing those quads conquering the cosmos :)
Saying keep conquering the cosmos makes her seem like an out-of-this-world athlete. Then when Sasha won a couple of bronze medals she could not handle it. I hope she does not have the same issues with her new team. It will be interesting to see. If Sasha can become more consistent that will help a lot. But that's asking a lot of her because she does the most difficult free skate in the history of ladies figure skating. Danil said they had planned five quads for the free skate in the world championships. But it wasnt to be.

They have many choreographers to choose from.