Alexandra Trusova | Page 129 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Now the issue is when can Sasha get with her new team at her new location and get to work? Because of this unbelievable pandemic it won't be anytime soon.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yes, Plushenko is a very strange choice, no doubt, considering his "success" with Serafima and Nastya and I'm not talking about skating primarily. Nastya's programs looked well when she was with Angels. But personally there seemed to be something rotten.

Nevertheless, nothing can be done about it. The decision was done (probably by Sasha's parents). Let's wait where this will lead Sasha.

For me I would guess it is not for Plushenko but for Rozanov. Earlier, Sasha said she was waiting to train the quad loop because Rozanov had been very busy with Junior Worlds. Apparently the move by Rozanov has been known just as long as with Sasha. I would guess that Sasha works closely with him and is reliant on his training for her quad successes, so to lose him would be a massive blow. Veronika Zhilina left for the same reason.

As for it being her parents? Plushenko says Sasha made the decision. Whether this is true or not, who knows. Could be Sasha's parents told Plushenko this but again, I'd think that Sasha would really just want to stay with her jumping coach.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
For me I would guess it is not for Plushenko but for Rozanov. Earlier, Sasha said she was waiting to train the quad loop because Rozanov had been very busy with Junior Worlds. Apparently the move by Rozanov has been known just as long as with Sasha. I would guess that Sasha works closely with him and is reliant on his training for her quad successes, so to lose him would be a massive blow. Veronika Zhilina left for the same reason.

As for it being her parents? Plushenko says Sasha made the decision. Whether this is true or not, who knows. Could be Sasha's parents told Plushenko this but again, I'd think that Sasha would really just want to stay with her jumping coach.

Did she say 'because Rozanov was busy'? can you link that interview?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I won’t repost it because it is already on the thread. It is the one about her personal life.

But it seems my initial guess was correct, at least according to this report. Rozanov moved and convinced Sasha to join him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_8EtpwJBhZ/?igshid=1ucgdwjyf95tu

Yeah, I read this article, I don’t however stay convinced since it just includes a “secret source”, which isn’t too trustworthy. I was more talking about whether Sasha said something like that herself in an interview.
I actually rewatched one about her 4Lo and she said she was waiting any of 2 Sergejs to come back to train it, since only these two work on harness.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Drama's apart ... Trusova is a very hard worker and loves 4 ... Plushy is so a very hard worker and loves 4 ... so I think plushy will push and concentrate everything in her and she will respond because none of them know's how to stop ... if she would continue with eteri's if in the mean time kostornaia got a 4 she would be eteri's 3 skater .. and trusova like plushy loves to be the number one

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Sasha Trusova before moving to Plyushchenko: she advertised Ryazan milk, was eager for Eteri's group so she could be closer to her idols

Aleksandra Trusova in her first senior season (2019-20) changed figure skating, opening the era of quadruple jumps.

Aleksandra Trusova

Born to jump quadruples

15 years old, two time World Champion among Juniors

- her first Moscow trainer called her wooden, stiff and jerky

- two times got entered in the Guinness Book of Records for her jumping

- has performed 4 (!) quadruple jumps in one program

- wants to prepare quintuple jumps who nobody else has ever jumped

But her senior debut turned out to be ambiguous, given her potential and the complexity of her programs: there were victories at the Grand Prix stages in Russia and Canada, but at the main tournaments (Grand Prix Final, Russian and European championships) Sasha took only third places.

And each time she lost to her friends in the training group of Eteri Tutberidze - Alyona Kostornaya and Anna Shcherbakova. At the same time, displaying the strongest content: it reached five quadruple jumps in her free program program - falls and errors interfered.

Yes, now she holds the world record for points in the free program (166.62), but it was set at the Canadian Grand Prix in the absence of Kostornaya and Shcherbakova. All three could have been judged the 2020 World Championships in Montreal, but there were canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

More controversial decisions from Sasha: a very untimely vacation in Egypt, violation of quarantine and, finally, the transfer from Tutberidze to the academy of Yevgeniy Plyushchenko (the physical exercise coach Sergey Rozanov also left together with Trusova).

Below are the details, after which you will learn more about the path of Trusova to the top. How to become the main figure skater of the world at the age of 15 if you were born in Ryazan - a city where figure skating exists within only one single rink?

This text was first published on Sports.ru in October 2019.

I went into figure skating because of my love for roller skating

Sasha, who has two younger brothers - Yegor and Vanya, grew up in a sporting family: father Vyacheslav - a Master of Sports in judo, sambo and hand-to-hand combat; mother Svetlana was involved in athletics.

Since childhood, Trusova went with her father to the gym, pulled herself up, jumped and climbed ropes. At 4 years old, her parents gave her roller skates - to their surprise, Sasha immediately skated off, without falls.

Her father dreamed of a sports career for the children, and his daughter's hobby of rolling skates prompted the idea to try ​​figure skating: at 5, Sasha was already superior to other children in the group. Then the parents made a bet on sports - mom quitted her work and helped Sasha get to the rink, combine her school and big sport.

In Ryazan, Trusova trained for 4 years, and her first coach, Olga Shevtsova, is sure that in her hometown there was no chance to reach a top level: 'We trained Trusova no more than an hour a day. Moreover, up to 30 people gathered at the rink - naturally, in such conditions there is no possibility for high results. Unfortunately, now all regions are hostages of such conditions. In addition, in Ryazan, we are forced to share the rink with hockey players.'

She moved to Moscow at the age of 9, but came to Tutberidze later

In 2013, the Trusov family moved to Moscow, but not for the sake of Sasha’s career - her dad was offered a job there. In this new place of living, Sasha enrolled in the Sambo-70 school in the group coach Aleksandr Volkov - now he works at the Plyushchenko Academy.

Even then, Sasha clearly saw her goal: 'At 9-10 years old, I watched the Sochi Olympics and decided that I would definitely like to be engaged in figure skating and to become an Olympic Champion.'

She learned all triple jumps from Volkov (at 10 years - a triple Axel), but at first the coach was skeptical of her abilities: ' When she came to us, she only did double jumps, from which she fell. Jumped high, but then flew out, then flopped. There was no special technique.

For a year we prepared her technically for triple jumps, and then in 3-4 months she collected all triples and cascades. Of course she is with her deficiencies. She really did not like to skate. And she didn’t know how. She didn’t like and couldn’t slide properly. Wooden, stiff, jerky. Very jerky. On the one hand, she was good in jumping, but on the other hand it was a hindrance, because she couldn’t get into the rhythm. And she hated to spin. '

After three years, Volkov passed Trusova to Anna Tsareva, but not for long - already in 2016 she was in Eteri Tutberidze's group, having completed a short probation there. According to Sasha, she wanted to be closer to her idols - Medvyedeva and Zagitova.

Giant loads did not frighten her: ' It’s not hard for me to work in this group, I really like it. This is my favorite thing, why should it be hard? In the group I communicate well with all these girls, on equal terms. Maybe they look at me differently, maybe as their equal, but in communication this is not noticeable.

When Zhenya was in the group, she always told me to jump, said that one should always work, no matter whether we were tired or not, we need to find strength in oneself. Alina suggested how to jump the cascade with a Rittberger. '

In 2017, a year after moving to Tutberidze, Trusova began performing in juniors. And writing history.

The world's first quadruple Toeloop

Her debut in international tournaments in 2017 turned out to be fiery - Trusova won the junior stage of the Grand Prix in Brisbane with an almost 20-point advantage over Anastasiya Gulyakova.

Trusova also won the next stage in Minsk, ahead of the Japanese Nana Araki with a margin. Success at the stages allowed Sasha to qualify for the Finals of the series, where the victory was not so easy anymore - she ended behind Alyona Kostornaya in the grand total.

Sasha attracted attention not only with victories - at each of the three victorious starts she entered the quadruple Salchow. Formally, the Japanese Miki Ando jumped it for the first time at the Junior Grand Prix-2002, but more than this did not submit to any skater (nor any other quadruple). At the stages in Brisbane, Minsk, and the Final in Nagoya, Trusova fell, but did not give up. She said that the jump happened for the first time in training long before the season - back in April 2017. It only remained to cleanly execute it in competitions.

In the winter of 2018, Trusova won the Junior Russian Championships and came to the junior World Championships as a favourite. It was in Sofia that she finally successfully made the quadruple Salchow, and also jumped a clean quadruple Toeloop. Two quadruples in one program - such a girl has never been shown before.

For her skating run Trusova scored cosmic points (153.49 - at that time the third result in history), almost 18 points ahead of Kostornaya.

But that was only the beginning.

Twice entered the Guinness Book of Records

At Test Skates in August 2018, Trusova presented a free program with three quadruples, one of which was in a cascade with a triple.

That season, Sasha again won both stages of the Junior Grand Prix series, and in Kaunas she performed the quadruple Lutz - no other skater had ever made this jump before. A funny detail - in grand total score, Sasha scored 20 points more than the American male winner Andrew Torgashev.

Later, Trusova twice entered herself into the Guinness Book of Records - for the first ever performance of a quadruple Toeloop and Lutz.

Sasha lost the Grand Prix finals to Aleyona Kostornaya, who she had previously beaten steadily, messing up two quadruples and losing a lot of points. At the senior Championship of Russia, too, she achieved 2nd place, this time Trusova lost to Anna Shcherbakova. And again the quadruples failed: one quadruple Lutz - successful, the second - with a fall.

Failures did not prevent progress. In December, Trusova made the quadruple Flip in training, in March she took the second consecutive gold at the Junior World Championships. There, Trusova fell from the quadruple Lutz, but she cleanly made the quadruple Toeloop first, and then another in a cascade with the triple one.

In May 2019, the European Olympic Committees recognised Trusova as the best Young Athlete of the Year.

Made four quadruple jumps in one program

On June 23, 2019, Trusova turned 15 - the age that allowed her to perform in senior competitions. At Open Test Skates in August, Sasha habitually made three quadruples, but promised to complicate her program.

The first senior tournament was the Nepala Memorial in Bratislava. Trusova cleanly jumped the quadruple Lutz and two quadruple Toeloops (one in the cascade with triple) and won the competition with two world records - in points for the free (163.78) and in total score (238.69).

And in the free program at the Japan Open in Saitama, Sasha has already jumped four quadruples: Salchow, Lutz, cascade of quadruple - triple Toeloop and cascade of quadruple Toeloop - triple Salchow through the Euler.

Of course, she won, but remained dissatisfied with the assessment: ' I actually wanted to break 100 points (for the technique). The last time I was two short, but I skated with three quadruples. And today with four - and again the same thing. Not fair '.

Not afraid of jumping, but scared to ride a roller coaster

Trusova's uniqueness is in her jumping content: Sasha now owns four types of quadruple jumps out of six existing ones (Salchow, Lutz, Toeloop and Flip). The athlete has not trained the Rittberger yet, and none of the men think about the quad Axel except Yuzuru Hanyu and Artur Dmitriyev.

The closest competitor of Trusova, Anna Shcherbakova, jumps the quadruple Lutz and Flip at the competitions, she has tried the Toeloop only in training.

Sasha herself just loves jumping and enjoys this: “ I've always wanted to jump difficult jumps and do something first in the world. I am not a pitiful child. Nobody forces me to do what I do. On the contrary, sometimes coaches stop me: 'You jump too much! So much is not necessary!'

I think it’s realistic to jump into five turns, but so far there are still quadruples and a triple Axel, so we'll see. I just jump what nobody jumps, but this does not change the rules of how to qualify for the team for the main starts of the season. I will need to be selected the year when the Olympics will be, like everyone else. And if then everyone will do quadruples, I will do a fiver. ”

Trusova is not afraid of quadruple jumps, riding a roller coaster is much worse for her: “ Quadruples do not scare me. One revolution more than a triple. For me it’s worse to ride a roller coaster. I’m not fearless, I’m not afraid only of quadruples to jump, and there is much in real life I am afraid of. ”

Reads Agatha Christie, watches Game of Thrones and loves animals

In her free time, she is an ordinary teenager. There is enough time for hobbies, but no one is forcing her to go to the rink: “ I want this myself. And I enjoy it. And nobody deprived me of my childhood either. I do the same as other children: I ride a bike, go to the movies, go to school. Let no one worry for me, everything is fine with me. ”

Sasha loves fantasy and detective stories - not so long ago she read Agatha Christie's 'Corpse in the Library'. And she loves The Game of Thrones, to the music of which she skates in the image of Daenerys in her free program: “ I like the plot, but, in my opinion, the film has a lot of extra scenes. Especially when they show how they kill. For three weeks I watched everything from the first season to the eighth. The end, of course, is generally terrible. Daenerys was supposed to become the queen. ”

The age limit of 18+ does not bother Sasha at all.

But she goes to school only once a week: “ Teachers help me, conduct individual lessons in subjects in which I will take exams. I learn all other subjects at home and then do assignments. From my year, I probably know only two girls, and by name - I know only one of them. She is also Sasha.

I study well - fours, fives. There have been three's, but not for a quarter, probably. I am an idealist, but this is only in figure skating. My favorite subject is mathematics, it is interesting to me, I really like to calculate, and I do it well. ”

Trusova loves animals - she has a dog Tina of the Chihuahua breed, a poodle Lana, a husky named Jack and a kitten Khloe. Sasha takes Tina to competitions, often dresses her in different dresses and admits that she would take Tina with her to an uninhabited island.

In the fall of 2018, Trusova became the face of the Ryazan dairy plant.

Sasha connects her future with animals: “ I haven’t thought about it yet, but I really love animals, so maybe in the future I’ll choose some profession related to animals. Now I want to do figure skating, win the Olympics, and then, when I become an adult, I want a family at 25 years old. When I grow up, when I have a house, I will get a royal poodle. ”

The coming Winter Olympics will be held in 2022 in Beijing. Sasha by then will be 17 years old - a great age for figure skating.

(c) Антон Пилясов
-----
From: https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/streamofconsciousness/2613855.html

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Alexandra Trusova with Sergey Dudakov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wALZyn_9lk

Is is sort of a transition in life too for Aleksandra, ending childhood and entering adolescence.

These childhood memories will last her, and we have lots of videos with Aleksandra's incredible feats to cherish forever too. :)

Hopefully, there is more to come and to look forward to with Aleksandra Mk II ;-)