Alexandra Trusova | Page 132 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
4Lo still awaits the first lady who will jump it in the competition and Sasha doesn't want to leave it on Young You :agree:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yay on all the quads back... I wonder what she is going to do for the programming this year.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
4Lo in practice. No video and it was verbally reported by Pluschenko.
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...-chetvernoy-rittberger-na-trenirovke-1681656/

- I want to believe!

As incredible as this is, such constant updates from trainings are why I dislike Plushenko. With being so eager to post about her 4Lz, I would expect video here for such an accomplishment. And yet none exists. Why hide this if you are eager to share “lesser” achievements? It is my strong opinion that trainers and athletes should remain focused on training and not on sharing each new accomplishment. Such moments are for competitions or when elements are mastered. This day to day media hype will get boring soon, I hope. Especially because I assume it will only put undue pressure on Sasha, who will no doubt feel even worse if she cannot prove leaving Eteri was worth it on podiums after such a publicized off-season.

But regardless of Plushenko playing the media, if Sasha is happy and can perform better under these new conditions then I cannot judge her. I look forward to seeing her new programs (and a new jump?) and I wish her the best.

Fried

Final Flight
With all understanding for the criticism (that I share), but where is the outrage at missing videos when "mentioned in the press that Anna is already jumping 3 + 3" or when Alina talks about it in an interview "that she has already jumped in a foursome"? Nobody is "worried", on the contrary!
But what really annoys me: Incidentally, I find with displeasure that now even Sashas FF is apparently being used to spread negative mood. Isn't it enough to do this in the Russian Ladies thread?
I will say it again. The criticism is understandable, but it does not belong in Sasha's FF!

Thank you.

Arbitrary

Medalist
I doubt even Pluschenko can post a total BS about his own pupils. We may safety accept the fact Sasha attempted to land Qloop.
He mentioned something like "we resurrected all her quads". I see it as a declaration Sasha landed all low and medium quads at least once to gain her proper state of mood "I can do it". Having 3-4-5 different ultra jumps in her arsenal makes it possible to adjust the FP to her today's state.
The only issue and Pluschenko deliberately didn't mention it is her axels. I only hope as being one of those good axelists of his epoch Eugene may help Sasha to break the barrier. And may be to attack the Final Frontier... who knows?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
As incredible as this is, such constant updates from trainings are why I dislike Plushenko. With being so eager to post about her 4Lz, I would expect video here for such an accomplishment. And yet none exists. Why hide this if you are eager to share “lesser” achievements? It is my strong opinion that trainers and athletes should remain focused on training and not on sharing each new accomplishment. Such moments are for competitions or when elements are mastered. This day to day media hype will get boring soon, I hope. Especially because I assume it will only put undue pressure on Sasha, who will no doubt feel even worse if she cannot prove leaving Eteri was worth it on podiums after such a publicized off-season.

But regardless of Plushenko playing the media, if Sasha is happy and can perform better under these new conditions then I cannot judge her. I look forward to seeing her new programs (and a new jump?) and I wish her the best.

Are you Russian? Think logically all of his pupils who are there( Kovalyev, Titova, Sarnovsky, and Sasha herself) and their parents plus Rozanov and Mikhaylov follow him and his interviews. They know what they are doing what is Sasha's condition, level right now. But Plushenko don't say the truth. Can you really believe it? Why would do that ? He became a better coach with that right now ? But he would lose much more thing...their respect. So, it's ridiculos! what you assume. Sasha landed in 4Lo!! ha-ha!

p.s.: Rozanov was the first who posted sasha's 4LZ not Plushenko.

I hope too we will see Sasha's 3A soon!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I would love to find out about the fate of her 3A, but I am also excited about the possibility of Trusova being the first woman to land all 5 quads. It would be brilliant & an achievement that will be Trusova’s no matter what.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I was bored at home and decided to check the veracity of what some posters here were saying - that Sasha would only beat clean Anna and clean Aliona with 5 quads. And I'm going to analyze her free skate scores of the entire season to better understand that (and compare with Anna's and Aliona's in 3 competitions: Russian Nationals, GPF and Europeans). That being said, let's analyze, shall we?

== JAPAN OPEN ==
Free Skate total score: 160.53
4 quads (4S, 4Lz, 4T3T, 4T1Eu3S)
PCS 63.02
StSq3
Negative GOE in 2 elements: 3Lz3Lo, 4T1Eu3S.

== SKATE CANADA ==
Free Skate total score: 166.62
PCS 67.42
StSq3
Negative GOE in 1 element: 4S.

== ROSTELECOM ==
Free Skate total score: 160.26
PCS 66.92
StSq4
Negative GOE in 2 elements: 4S and 3Lz3Lo.

== GPF ==
Free Skate total score: 161.73
5 quads planned (4F, 4S, 4Lz, 4T, 4T1Eu3S)
PCS 65.93
StSq3
Negative GOE in 2 elements: 4S (that she popped and did a 2S) and 4T.
=> Interesting: she changed from 3Lz3Lo to 3Lz3T in this competition.

== RUSSIAN NATIONALS ==
Free Skate total score: 149.88
4 quads planned (4F, 4Lz, 4T3T, 4T1Eu3S)
PCS 69.14
StSq3
Negative GOE in 2 elements: 4F and 4Lz -> she also made the 4T a 2T, but received positive GOE.
=> Interesting 2: she came back to 3Lz3Lo.

== EUROPEANS ==
Free Skate total score: 150.39
4 quads planned (4Lz, 4T3T, 4F, 4T,)
PCS 67.25
StSq4
Negative GOE in 2 elements: 4Lz and 4T (she also introduced a new combination, 3Lz1Eu3S).

==== ALEXANDRA TRUSOVA ====
- Best event: Skate Canada (166+, 4 quads, 1 fall only on 4S).
- Worst event: Russian Nationals (149+, 4 quads, 2 falls and 1 pop on quads).
- More quads landed: Japan Open (4 quads fully landed).

==== ANNA SHCHERBAKOVA ====
- Best event: Russian Nationals (181.94, 3 quads, no falls, PCS 73.72, StSq3).
- GPF: 162.65, 3 quads, 1 fall on 4Lz, PCS 69.13, StSq4).
- Europeans: 159.81, 3 quads, 1 fall on 4Lz, 71.19 PCS, StSq3).

==== ALIONA KOSTORNAIA ====
- Best event: Russian Nationals (169.97, no falls, PCS 77.07, StSq4).
- GPF: 162.14, no falls, PCS 73.27, StSq3).
- Europeans: 155.89, 1 fall on 3 Lz, PCS 72.58, StSq3).

So, first of all, most of you will say "oh, but you're not considering the short program, in which Aliona would totally win". And, if you say that, you're right. However, I'm using this to try to make predictions about next season, in which we don't if Sasha will add or not the 3A in the SP, if quads will be allowed or not in the SP. Another reason why I'm using free skate scores is that the overall layout and score difference between the girls in the short program were mostly stable during the season, the big difference was the FS.

Conclusions:
1. I don't think Anna would have the same scores internationally as the ones she had in Russian Nationals. I can't imagine 181+ in international scene.
2. The number of quads wasn't Sasha's problem. For me, the biggest problem was the lack of consistency between the layouts she used during the season and having insisted so much on 4S. She was also learning 3A, which probably didn't leave much time to perfect 4S too. I think 4 quads is totally fine and possible for her, if she stays with 1 layout the entire season and if she improves on the rest (PCS, StSq, program, choreography -> considering it would increase her SP scores too).
3. Comparing Aliona/Anna best scores's with Sasha's is unfair, because Sasha's best score was in the beginning of the season, with lower PCS/reputation. Aliona/Anna best scores were in Russian Nationals, which was a joke in terms of scores. So, we don't have a good parameter to perfectly compare their scores last season.
4. We can't predict many things for next season until the skaters go back (if all of them go back) to their competition shape and actually compete. What if Rika blossoms this season and beats the other girls? What if Aliona gets a 4S? What if Sasha lands all quads, improves her PCS and lands 3A in Sp? What if Anna adds another quad?
5. Sasha had higher scores than Anna during the first 2 Grand Prix events, I wouldn't be so fast to say Sasha can't beat Anna.
6. Sasha had the potential to get to 172+ points with a 4 quad layout without falls (if she hadn't fallen in Skate Canada) and that, my friends, is a HUGE score. Without 3 axel. Without improvements in PCS. I'm just saying...
7. If Sasha can beat Aliona? That's a whole other thing, and I honestly have no idea.