Attendees Topic - Who is coming? | Golden Skate

Attendees Topic - Who is coming?

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
Hello everyone :)

Since the GP in Helsinki is coming up, I wondered who else was going and if anyone wanted to meet up perhaps?

On that note, if someone has figured out where the tickets need to be picked up, that would be great! :D

We will be sitting in B3 I think?

Looking forward to seeing a few of you there hopefully?

TMC

Record Breaker
Just a heads-up for those travelling to Helsinki from overseas: Finnish ”halloween” is on Saturday (November 3rd) which means that some shops will be closed and others will have limited opening times. If you fancy a bottle of wine to enjoy in your hotel room in the evening, make sure to buy one on Friday as all off-licences (Alko) will be closed on Saturday.

Shedi0806

On the Ice
Hello Everyone,

do you guys know if they allow photography at the rink?

thank you so much in advance.

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
Hello Everyone,

do you guys know if they allow photography at the rink?

thank you so much in advance.

I asked the organisators on their facebook page and they said photography is allowed as long as it doesn't bother the people around you (and you're not reselling). They've got a bit on their homepage about it too:

Homepage

Can I bring my camera and take pictures during the event?

Spectators can take pictures for personal use only.
The following are not permitted:

Flash photography
​Cameras that interfere with other fans´enjoyment, including monopods, tripods and lenses so long as to detract other spectators
Any resale of photography
Video recording
Spectators not abiding by these restrictions risk having their camera confiscated by venue security staff.

Why do we have a camera policy?

This policy is in place at events to protect the safety and privacy of athletes and to ensure a distraction free environment for all spectators.

So I think we should be good? :)

Just a heads-up for those travelling to Helsinki from overseas: Finnish ”halloween” is on Saturday (November 3rd) which means that some shops will be closed and others will have limited opening times. If you fancy a bottle of wine to enjoy in your hotel room in the evening, make sure to buy one on Friday as all off-licences (Alko) will be closed on Saturday.

Oh thanks for the info!

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
And it may also effect to some traffic schedules.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

If you go for Halloween festivities, its probably not a good idea to go dressed as a WWII Russian soldier... :cry:
Personally, I dont understand the US Halloween, or horror films. If I want to be scared, I will just have to turn on the telly.....horror enough for me....

Everyone have a great time in Helsinki! Tell us about your adventures in and out of the arena.

Chris who wishes he could go to Helsinki and sight see and take a ferry to Tallinn.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Again, to continue tradition - I am proclaiming myself as a spiritual attendee:cheer:

Whoever will be live in the arena - take care, have fun, cheer loudly, if I could ask - cheer especially loudly on my behalf for Lorraine/Quinn, Loena and Junhwan (be bold and yell 'JULLIETTTT!!!' before his FS:laugh:)

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Again, to continue tradition - I am proclaiming myself as a spiritual attendee:cheer:

Whoever will be live in the arena - take care, have fun, cheer loudly, if I could ask - cheer especially loudly on my behalf for Lorraine/Quinn, Loena and Junhwan (be bold and yell 'JULLIETTTT!!!' before his FS:laugh:)

I will scream JUNLIETTT :laugh:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

OK, I am clueless in Spokane. I enjoyed watching Junhwan very much and I realize he skated to Romeo and Juliet.....are you screaming JULIET because you think he is cute and you want to be his Juliet?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
OK, I am clueless in Spokane. I enjoyed watching Junhwan very much and I realize he skated to Romeo and Juliet.....are you screaming JULIET because you think he is cute and you want to be his Juliet?

It is more of a joke on that 'JULLIEEET!' scream Leonardo DiCaprio does in the move and which was included in Junhwan's FS:). I heard audience yelling that before his FS at Skate Canada and exhibition program too:laugh:. The program in general would do without voiceovers, but this particular one just before 'clubbing' techno part in the program just cracks me up and the yell became a signature:)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It is more of a joke on that 'JULLIEEET!' scream Leonardo DiCaprio does in the move and which was included in Junhwan's FS:). I heard audience yelling that before his FS at Skate Canada and exhibition program too:laugh:. The program in general would do without voiceovers, but this particular one just before 'clubbing' techno part in the program just cracks me up and the yell became a signature:)

I might have had played a small role in that yelling before the FS....:biggrin:
(I think I told you that...so you heard us, I think, lol)

Sorry to hijack the thread, y'all! Have fun! Like NNF, I'm a spiritual attendee. I had so much fun meeting skating fans at SC. :)

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

OK! I never saw the movie (I heard it has a sad ending...After seeing LaLa Land and Atonement I will never go to a sad ending movie again :noshake:)
Not gonna re-watch "Titanic" again either...."Jack! Jack!"...it has a sad ending too. :laugh:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Hi Everyone!

Any experience with food, coffee at the arena?

Thank you so much in advance.

Not much was available today at the practices. I was looking for a hot chocolate, but had to settle for a coke. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Hello everyone :)

Since the GP in Helsinki is coming up, I wondered who else was going and if anyone wanted to meet up perhaps?

On that note, if someone has figured out where the tickets need to be picked up, that would be great! :D

We will be sitting in B3 I think?

Looking forward to seeing a few of you there hopefully?

You were sitting near me, I was in B2 at the back.