Austrian National Championships | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Austrian National Championships

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I did some more digging regarding Olga's minimum TES for worlds. She fulfilled it in senior competition at BOSPHORUS CUP 2019 for both SP and FS, so let's see if ISU also takes into account results from the 2019 season...
Edit: Actually, Olga should be fine, Bosphorus Cup took place in November 2019, so in the 2019/2020 season which is within the usual timeframe being considered for TES minimums. Phew! :dance3:

Last edited:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, nowadays hockey is much more popular in Austria than figure skating. I also chased the puck for a long time before I ever put figure skates on my feet. :ROFLMAO: And I think with the Corona restrictions and no audience allowed, they just didn't bother with setting up a proper Kiss & Cry.

Yes, Olga's programs are really coming together this season and she's starting to sell them very well. I sincerely hope she goes far in figure skating!

By the way, I just realized that seniors are skating quite early in the afternoon today. Not sure I will make it, we are invited to lunch at the in-laws. So please someone cheer on the ladies and guys for me just in case!
Hmm, the penalty box might be useful in this sport. Maybe have a skater serve a 10 mimute misconduct if they fall. Only drawback is it may get crowded if we hit a rough patch. Haha

Olga was the star of the weekend. Her SP was easily my favorite skate. Beat anything coming out of Estonia too.

The improvement from Nationals a few weeks ago until today is evident.
At this pace, would you rule out a top 10 worlds placing? I wouldn’t.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Since youtube removed the recording of the ladies' and men's FS (presumably due to music copyright), here the alternative videos I could find:

Olga MIKUTINA FS:

Sophia SCHALLER FS:

Emilie GROSCH FS:

No vids of the guys found thus far.