Breaking news for attendees | Golden Skate

Breaking news for attendees

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
See info ref practice passes.
ACCESS TO PRACTICE
All-session ticket holders have access to all official practice at Honda Center. Please note, there is no unique practice pass but your individual session ticket has a unique scan that will grant you access each day for practice. Practice passes are not available for sale and practice a thte (sic) secondary rink is not open to the public.

STAY CONNECTED
icenetwork App
Don’t forget to download the U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone app! Get reminders for special events and keep up with news, social media and skating scores by downloading the FREE Fan Zone app on compatible iOS devices. Download it here. You can also tune in LIVE and listen to Skate Radio. Don’t forget your headphones!

USFigureSkatingFanZone.com
Whether you’re at the arena, in your hotel, or still at home, you can keep up with all the action on the Fan Zone. Visit the website for event previews, photos, exclusive interviews and breaking news stories on all things figure skating. During competition, you can also tune in to Skate Radio for a live listen into the technical call and commentary for every discipline.

NBC Sports Gold Figure Skating Pass
Watch the event live and commercial free with the NBC Sports Gold Figure Skating Pass. Log-in to NBC Sports Gold to also catch up on the season so far including on-demand coverage of the ISU Grand Prix Season, 2019 GEICO U.S. Figure Skating Championships and more!

SPECIAL EVENTS
Friends of Figure Skating Brunch
Sunday, Feb. 10, 8-10 a.m., Jack Daniels #7, Honda Center
Are you a Friend of Figure Skating? If not, join HERE to support Team USA athletes and help them train harder, receive top-notch nutrition and recover more quickly. This event is open to all Friends of Figure Skating members. Enjoy brunch with Team USA athletes and get a photo with your favorite skater!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love how they still call it “IceNetwork App.” And 8 am is breakfast, not brunch. Oh well, if they fix the latency issue it’ll be good enough for me.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder what that means for the main rink practices on the Tuesday and Wednesday, when there's no actual event?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I love how they still call it “IceNetwork App.” And 8 am is breakfast, not brunch. Oh well, if they fix the latency issue it’ll be good enough for me.

They are up against the gala rehersals but as long as the skaters are there, they can call it anything they want. At one time, they were interested in my idea of a couple of "shooting galleries" where a skater and fan could go into an open booth and get a pic taken by a semi-pro photog with a nice backround. The photos could be then viewed on line and purchased for a donation to the USFS young skater fund. That way, if the lighting/backround of the venue leaves something to be desired, a fan can get a good pic with their fav skater without having to find a friend who can shoot. All my friends seem to be camera challanged... :( This one got a light bulb growing out of the side of my head.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are up against the gala rehersals but as long as the skaters are there, they can call it anything they want. At one time, they were interested in my idea of a couple of "shooting galleries" where a skater and fan could go into an open booth and get a pic taken by a semi-pro photog with a nice backround. The photos could be then viewed on line and purchased for a donation to the USFS young skater fund. That way, if the lighting/backround of the venue leaves something to be desired, a fan can get a good pic with their fav skater without having to find a friend who can shoot. All my friends seem to be camera challanged... :( This one got a light bulb growing out of the side of my head.

That is one heck of an awesome idea!!! They need to hire some of y’all as consultants! And I can do color commentary!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
That is one heck of an awesome idea!!! They need to hire some of y’all as consultants! And I can do color commentary!

They liked it at first but then backed down, saying fans are happier taking their own pics....I am not buying that...they can STill take their own pics and us singles can have the benefit of a semi-pro photog. Its not like they already dont have their own photog roaming the breakfast.....

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They liked it at first but then backed down, saying fans are happier taking their own pics....I am not buying that...they can STill take their own pics and us singles can have the benefit of a semi-pro photog. Its not like they already dont have their own photog roaming the breakfast.....

How do they know? Have they tried it? They have nothing to lose except at most 2 hours of a photographer’s time. Professional photos, if the photographer is any good, are so much better than phone pictures, unless the phone picture taker is a super talented amateur. They’re sure going to be better than any random person I hand my phone to, if I were to even want a picture. I like autographs.

SkateSand

Rinkside
I wonder what that means for the main rink practices on the Tuesday and Wednesday, when there's no actual event?

If there is no separate practice pass, I always print out and take with me any e-mails or information posted on the official site making reference to all event ticket holders having access to practices. I printed out the page on the Four Continents website that says "All-Session Ticket Package includes access to all events at the Honda Center from Feb 5-10, 2019, including access to all official practice at the Honda Center starting February 5, 2019..." And, of course, I also bring a copy of my ticketmaster receipt showing I bought an all event ticket package.

SkateSand

Rinkside

Yes, but who notices the light bulb growing out of the side of your head when that dazzling smile from the blonde next to you outshines it. :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If there is no separate practice pass, I always print out and take with me any e-mails or information posted on the official site making reference to all event ticket holders having access to practices. I printed out the page on the Four Continents website that says "All-Session Ticket Package includes access to all events at the Honda Center from Feb 5-10, 2019, including access to all official practice at the Honda Center starting February 5, 2019..." And, of course, I also bring a copy of my ticketmaster receipt showing I bought an all event ticket package.

I think we are twins separated at birth. Have you done a 23andMe yet?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
How do they know? Have they tried it? They have nothing to lose except at most 2 hours of a photographer’s time. Professional photos, if the photographer is any good, are so much better than phone pictures, unless the phone picture taker is a super talented amateur. They’re sure going to be better than any random person I hand my phone to, if I were to even want a picture. I like autographs.

I know. You would think that they could just bring it up at a breakfast and ask if anyone would be interested in donating $25 bucks to get a good pic with their fav. skater. If the had a show of hands and 30 people raised them, then they might give it a try and when other fans see whats happening, they MIGHT want good pics also. No photos would actually be printed , or you could make that an extra. You pay for the 6 meg file and its all hands free over the web. I think my wife pays $35-45 an actual hard copy pic for her dogs at dog events. At most events like SA, they line up the US skaters sitting at a table and a looooooonnnnnngggg line of fans forms to get autographs and selfies. The skaters are very gracious to sit though an hour of this but only a few can make it though the line in that time.....I think that at least for awhile the USFS could make a few bucks, but maybe they dont see the economics like I do...maybe they are right...

VegMom

On the Ice
Is there a schedule of practices? We got all-access passes and we'd like to watch a few of our favorites practice.

Can anyone tell me about the brunch? Do I have to RSVP if I want to go? Who qualifies to attend this? Are there vegan options usually? Is it kid-friendly?

Also, how do you know who does the gala?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Is there a schedule of practices? We got all-access passes and we'd like to watch a few of our favorites practice.

Can anyone tell me about the brunch? Do I have to RSVP if I want to go? Who qualifies to attend this? Are there vegan options usually? Is it kid-friendly?

http://www.isuresults.com/schedules/fc2019_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf, it is a schedule for all event, solid colour blocks are for practice sessions

Can't help about brunch, about Gala - I usually find list on Twitter in the day of EX, if any segment is held in the same day as Gala (like it is this year for FD on Sunday), there will be probably not full list released who will participate (like except Ice Dancers invited).

GretchenG

Rinkside
What is Skate Radio? Can you please tell me how to access it? I'll be at Four Continents and I'd love to hear the commentary. Oh, and I have an Android phone, so I can't get the Fan Zone app, because they only created one for iPhones, which really sucks.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

The brunch is a fundraiser for the USFS. You need to donate enough money to qualify as a FOFS, friend of figure skating. I believe the Coyote is a FOFS and attends these events.

The set up is usually talks and a meet and greet, so it would depend on the child. I’m sure USFS would accept funds for a membership from anyone:biggrin:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The brunch is a fundraiser for the USFS. You need to donate enough money to qualify as a FOFS, friend of figure skating. I believe the Coyote is a FOFS and attends these events.

The set up is usually talks and a meet and greet, so it would depend on the child. I’m sure USFS would accept funds for a membership from anyone:biggrin:

I have seen everything from games to "ask the mothers," but usually talks. Stop off at the usfs desk and ask. I am going to see if Alysa can come so I can get a pic. ;)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is Skate Radio? Can you please tell me how to access it? I'll be at Four Continents and I'd love to hear the commentary. Oh, and I have an Android phone, so I can't get the Fan Zone app, because they only created one for iPhones, which really sucks.

Skate Radio is awesome. It's Jimmie Santee and another guy (help me out CoyoteChris?) doing live tech calling. It used to only be available at US Nationals but they've expanded it this year and I am super stoked. However it can only be accessed through the Fanzone app or through Skate Radio devices they used to pass out but don't anymore. I have emailed [email protected] and asked them to give us an android version, on demand so we can listen when we watch our NBC sports gold, and coverage at SA. Maybe if enough of us email we will get our wishes. I have an extra skate radio device but I am not going. Maybe you can find someone on the boards who can loan you one.