Daleman, Séguin/Bilodeau withdraw from 4CCs | Golden Skate

Daleman, Séguin/Bilodeau withdraw from 4CCs

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skate Canada Press Release

OTTAWA, ON: Canadian figure skaters Gabrielle Daleman, Julianne Séguin and Charlie Bilodeau have withdrawn from the 2016 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships in Chinese Taipei. The athletes had been scheduled to compete at the event which takes place from February 16-21, 2016, at the Taipei Arena in Taipei City.

In the ladies division, Gabrielle Daleman, 18, Newmarket, Ont., sustained a minor injury in training and will be replaced by Véronik Mallet, 21, Sept-Îles, Que.
In the pair discipline, Julianne Séguin, 19, Longueuil, Que., also sustained a minor injury in training, leading to the withdrawal of her and partner Charlie Bilodeau, 22, Trois-Pistoles, Que. They will be replaced by Vanessa Grenier, 23, Johnville, Que., and Maxime Deschamps, 24, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Que.

“These decisions have been made for precautionary reasons as we progress towards the world championships,” said Mike Slipchuk, Skate Canada’s Director, High Performance. “We are focused on allowing our athletes to return to competition in prime condition.”

Daleman, Séguin and Bilodeau are all scheduled to return to competition at the 2016 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Boston, MA, USA.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Skate Canada Press Release

OTTAWA, ON: Canadian figure skaters Gabrielle Daleman, Julianne Séguin and Charlie Bilodeau have withdrawn from the 2016 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships in Chinese Taipei. The athletes had been scheduled to compete at the event which takes place from February 16-21, 2016, at the Taipei Arena in Taipei City.

In the ladies division, Gabrielle Daleman, 18, Newmarket, Ont., sustained a minor injury in training and will be replaced by Véronik Mallet, 21, Sept-Îles, Que.
In the pair discipline, Julianne Séguin, 19, Longueuil, Que., also sustained a minor injury in training, leading to the withdrawal of her and partner Charlie Bilodeau, 22, Trois-Pistoles, Que. They will be replaced by Vanessa Grenier, 23, Johnville, Que., and Maxime Deschamps, 24, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Que.

“These decisions have been made for precautionary reasons as we progress towards the world championships,” said Mike Slipchuk, Skate Canada’s Director, High Performance. “We are focused on allowing our athletes to return to competition in prime condition.”

Daleman, Séguin and Bilodeau are all scheduled to return to competition at the 2016 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Boston, MA, USA.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

MY PAIRS BBS! :cry:

I was so excited to see if they could medal, but no...:no:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Aw, bummer for Séguin/Bilodeau. I thought they had a good shot at medaling here. I hope she's okay, and I am glad that her injury - whatever it is - is being taken seriously.

I'm a little surprised Grenier/Deschamps are their replacements and not Moore-Towers/Marinaro.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Nooooo not Seguin and Bilodeau!!! I hope she will recover quickly and fully.

I also think it's very weird Moore Towers and Marinaro are not the replacements...

kresslia

Medalist
:'( They were a big part of the reason why I was excited for 4CCs, wanted to see my bbs medal.

jlmart

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Apparently MT/M were off ice since nationals with injuries from that fall and are just returning to ice now.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:sad21::sad21::sad21: Nooooo I love Julianne and Charlie and was so looking forward to seeing them!! And Gabby too!!

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
I'm not surprised that Moore-Towers/Marinaro are not listed as the replacements just based on the fact that it was such a hard fall and Kirsten has not been near a rink since Nationals - Many photos of her posted traveling on her Instagram account.

That being said I wish Skate Canada would reconsider automatically saying that Gabby will still be skating at the World Championships in Boston. She was so close points wise to Kaetlyn at nationals. If Kaetlyn skates lights out in Taipei I feel she should be given the spot over Gabby. Gabby skated injured at Worlds last year and look where it got her? I feel at minimum a test skate in front of officials to prove she is healthy is necessary for Gabby to attend Worlds.

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Aw, bummer for Séguin/Bilodeau. I thought they had a good shot at medaling here. I hope she's okay, and I am glad that her injury - whatever it is - is being taken seriously.

I'm a little surprised Grenier/Deschamps are their replacements and not Moore-Towers/Marinaro.

It's an ankle injury to Julianne according to their Facebook.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Nooooo not Seguin and Bilodeau!!! I hope she will recover quickly and fully.

I also think it's very weird Moore Towers and Marinaro are not the replacements...

Very odd as they aren't exactly a young team that you would want to prep for the future. So sad. I know Gabby wants to go to worlds but I hope they keep an eye on her and let her replacement go if she isn't ready. Lets not have another Rachel Flatt - I know going to worlds is a big deal but she is putting Canada at risk.

lyndichee

Medalist
That being said I wish Skate Canada would reconsider automatically saying that Gabby will still be skating at the World Championships in Boston. She was so close points wise to Kaetlyn at nationals. If Kaetlyn skates lights out in Taipei I feel she should be given the spot over Gabby. Gabby skated injured at Worlds last year and look where it got her? I feel at minimum a test skate in front of officials to prove she is healthy is necessary for Gabby to attend Worlds.

They were close in points because the Canadian judges were holding Kaetlyn up. She is a great skater but man was I mad about those PCS scores. The gap should have been bigger.

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
They were close in points because the Canadian judges were holding Kaetlyn up. She is a great skater but man was I mad about those PCS scores. The gap should have been bigger.

You can't tell me though that Gabby deserves higher program components than Kaetlyn no matter what kind of skate technically she is having? Sure Gabby is a powerful skater but program components are about so much more from that. She needs to go back to the basics and work on her skating skills, turns, showing some sort of connection to the music and she just doesn't have that yet! Plus Gabby did struggle in the short program. She still has a way to go to loose the junior feel to her programs when you compare her to any of the Russian teenagers coming up.

Was Kaetlyn over scored in the short program? Of course! Will this ever stop? No. Does she deserve the scores she gets? Absolutely.

lyndichee

Medalist
You can't tell me though that Gabby deserves higher program components than Kaetlyn no matter what kind of skate technically she is having? Sure Gabby is a powerful skater but program components are about so much more from that. She needs to go back to the basics and work on her skating skills, turns, showing some sort of connection to the music and she just doesn't have that yet! Plus Gabby did struggle in the short program. She still has a way to go to loose the junior feel to her programs when you compare her to any of the Russian teenagers coming up.

Was Kaetlyn over scored in the short program? Of course! Will this ever stop? No. Does she deserve the scores she gets? Absolutely.

I never implied that Gabby needed higher components. If anything, Gabby is my least favourite Canadian lady considering she's given us 3 seasons of tangos.

Kaetlyn deserved lower scores in PCS however judges purposely gave her higher PCS for both the SP and LP to hold her scores up. Does she deserve higher PCS than Daleman and Chartrand? Yes she does have the best presentation out of all Canadian ladies right now. However, giving her 35.55 (This is higher than any PCS given out internationally this season for SP) and 70.06 for the LP. As if she would ever be given that internationally for imperfect skates with pop. The placements came out right at nationals however relatively to each other Kaetlyn did not deliver at all and it is unfortunate.

It seems contradictory to say that she is both overscored and deserves it.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
noooooooooooooooooo not bb Jules:tantrum::sad4::sad4::sad4:

speedy recovery to everyone!