Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
My mind really cannot process any more figure skating news today

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I can't even think coherently about this sad news after what we saw today. It is a great loss for the discipline, I had so much hope after Olympics, seeing them in such good spirits, but they are mature people and AI respect their decision. Hopefully though both will continue skating.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After the last few years where Pairs depth got so much deeper it looks like this post Olympic season is going to take a harder hit then normal. I don't see any younger teams on the horizon like T/M did the previous Olympic cycle that will be medal contenders by the time of Beijing. To many younger teams with huge potential are calling it quits before they even really had a chance to make a name for themselves. :disapp:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The joy they exhibited in their skating was so thrilling, and palpable. They really communicated that.

Whatever their struggles were in the past couple of years ... I will miss the pure happiness in skating they showed together. I hardly know what to wish for ... new partnerships or something else. I'll just wish them the best in their journeys going forward.

???:noshake::sad4::sad4:

they were BRILIANT together! they had that magical "something" which no one can learn, what is given from Above

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
That is to bad. I know they had dealt with some injuries but sheesh they were a talented team. Did not see this coming.

Roo87

Medalist
Did not see this coming. They just announced their programs for this season! Their free program last season gave me all the feels, it was a shame we didn't get to see it at Worlds.

Today can just frig off already.

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Something must have happened. Just a couple a weeks ago they were announcing their music choices for the upcoming season and talking about the future. Maybe Julianne suffered another concussion and decided to retire. I hope they will release a statement to explain why they ended their partnership. I also hope Charlie continues, but finding a partner at his level at this time of year won't be easy.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I still can't believe this day was so surreally bad for FS fans. Please, Julianne and Charlie, do something to come back if possible.

andromache

Record Breaker
Now, only four pairs who have competed in JGPs during 2010-2017 are still in action.
Sui/Han
Danny/Frazier
Tarasova/Morozov
Alexandrovskaya/Windsor

All the other jr pairs have either retired or change partners

It's pretty crazy that one of those teams is American, given how often those teams break up.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
What? They were my fave Canadian pair, I thought they had a great shot to move up the rankings. Hope they're doing alright, even if not skating together anymore.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Such a promising and talented pairs' team but I respect their decision. FS competitively is tough. I wish them both the best on such a bad news day in Figure Skating.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not at all surprised by this announcement, given their unexpectedly poor performance at Worlds 2018, and the subsequent revelation of Julianne's multiple concussions. IMO, this was the best decision for Julianne's future health and well-being. One more concussion could have been disastrous, even deadly for her.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh no, my babies! :( I loved them SO much as a pair.

I had a bizarre hunch that something was up with them a few weeks ago, I can’t remember what exactly caused me to believe something was going on, I think it might have been a photo on Charlie’s instagram... hmm. Nevertheless, this is sad news.

KMT and Mike, 2019 Canadian pair champions? After all the flack they’ve received since pairing up, including from me, I would be happy to see them win next January. :)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow. I had them pegged as future world medalists.

I thought they were very promising.

It must be very difficult competing in a sport where you must rely on a partner. So many things can go wrong - one gets injured, one is ready to move to a life beyond skating, personal conflicts... all sorts of things.

I didn't see this coming.

QuadThrow

Medalist
These news really shocked me today (after I dried my tears for Denis).

Some days ago Charlie posted a picture with Julianne and John Kerr about her new SP (I was so upset because Kerr's choreos have been amazing so far)!! Something really serious must had happened.

This will probably be the end of Julianne's career.

Charlie and Ksenia Solbova would be an incredibly glamorous couple.😈

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Interview with Charlie in French

https://twitter.com/RadioCanadaInfo/status/1020019917393879040?s=19

He says that he didn't see how they could improve even with the changes they made. He felt they were stagnating a little. They didn't bring in each other what they needed to go forward. They remain in good terms. I'm glad it has nothing to do with Julianne's health.

He still wants to compete, will look for a new partner.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Glad it isn’t a health thing.

I thought they had more upside potential, but self-evidently they’re in a better position to assess that.

Who’s currently in the market for new partners?

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
Interview with Charlie in French

https://twitter.com/RadioCanadaInfo/status/1020019917393879040?s=19

He says that he didn't see how they could improve even with the changes they made. He felt they were stagnating a little. They didn't bring in each other what they needed to go forward. They remain in good terms. I'm glad it has nothing to do with Julianne's health.

He still wants to compete, will look for a new partner.

I'm really upset, but I understand why they decided to do this. In my mind, it all started to go down after they couldn't make 2016 Worlds due to injury, and then Julianne had two consecutive concussions and Charlie had a knee surgery in the season after. So much of figure skating is consistency in judges' minds, and their inconsistency in appearances (and later, performances) did not do them favours.

That being said, I loved them and am so sad to see them split. My favourite performance of theirs is Nationals in 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1UbI1nl-jo
I had hoped to see much more of them in the next quad, but as long as they're happy and healthy both physically and emotionally, I'll be glad.

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
Idk about availability because Lubov is doing Cirque Du Solei, but Charlie & Lubov could work were she not doing cirque.