Deleting messages | Golden Skate

Deleting messages

Tavi...

Record Breaker
How do I delete read and unread messages from my inbox? There no longer appears to be a way to do this. I didn’t see anything in help. Thanks.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Thank you. I appreciate the information but it means I need to open every conversation to delete it, which is not super efficient.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
You can select conversations. The problem I have is trying to do anything with the selected convos. It looks like it is trying to do a pop-up that is blocked, but I have unblocked pop-ups for GS.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
It works for me (using chrome on desktop, though this probably applies for all browsers) - I click "Selected" in the top right, which brings up a tab thing at the bottom of the screen, where I can click "Select all" and there's a bunch of options in a dropdown. To delete them all, choose "Leave conversations", press "Go", and then there'll be a popup asking if you want to accept or ignore future messages (the same one as when you delete a single message), choose ignore to delete otherwise the threads will come back if someone replies in it.
image.png

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It works for me (using chrome on desktop, though this probably applies for all browsers) - I click "Selected" in the top right, which brings up a tab thing at the bottom of the screen, where I can click "Select all" and there's a bunch of options in a dropdown. To delete them all, choose "Leave conversations", press "Go", and then there'll be a popup asking if you want to accept or ignore future messages (the same one as when you delete a single message), choose ignore to delete otherwise the threads will come back if someone replies in it.
image.png
Brilliant! I had two problems:
- was looking for the tab / popup thing in the wrong place
- actual tab was hidden behind an ad (fortunately a see-thru one this time). I had to close the ad to use the tab.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
image.png

I will try that. I usually do everything on my phone but I’ll drag out the old laptop ! 😂

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Why do you need to leave conversations, BTW? I thought we had unlimited storage on Xenforo.

I just don’t like stuff cluttering up my inbox. 😈 Since I don’t participate in stuff like prediction contests, I don’t open conversations notifying me about that kind of stuff, so they continue to show up as unread messages. Basically you’re forced to open them whether to read or “leave” them.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I just don’t like stuff cluttering up my inbox. 😈 Since I don’t participate in stuff like prediction contests, I don’t open conversations notifying me about that kind of stuff, so they continue to show up as unread messages. Basically you’re forced to open them whether to read or “leave” them.
Oh right! I wish there were a "mark as read" feature, on the drop down with the mailbox icon on our main screen.