Disney on Ice skater critically injured | Golden Skate

Disney on Ice skater critically injured

mganders

Rinkside

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm not allowed access to the article but reading the posts horriefies me. Hopefully she weill recover.

I had the same problem. That station's website must be geo-blocked.

However, KARE 11 have also put their news report that goes along with that article up on their YouTube channel, and I was able to view it in the UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPWDduXpOXg

Don't worry, they don't show anything.

First and foremost, my thoughts go out to the skater involved, and I hope that she recovers fully. And my thoughts are also with her family, friends and fans, who must be so worried about her.

But my thoughts also go out to everybody that saw what happened. I've been in that position while spectating at a different sport, so I know how seeing something like that haunts you.

CaroLiza_fan

Pairluv

Final Flight
TBH a helmet won't prevent this type of TBI. It's the sudden stop that causes an injury as the brain is still moving inside the skull and is bruised when it impacts the bone. A helmet won't stop that from happening. It can often prevent a skull fracture. If the brain is only bruised, it's typically a concussion. If parts of the brain is torn (I won't go into details for those who don't want to know), damage can be different. In either event, it's traumatic and I hope she recovers quickly. And, I feel for the partner as well.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to this article she is now in "satisfactory condition" and has an "excellent or good prognosis" :hap10:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States