Do you ever have dreams about skaters? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Do you ever have dreams about skaters?

narcissa

Record Breaker
I had two dreams about Yuna, one about watching her come out of retirement (!!!) and another about being her friend.

I didn't want to wake up :love:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Hard to believe but I've never had as far as I remember.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yeah. I had at least one dream relating to skaters that's not really one to talk about on here and it's a dream that was one I didn't want to end.

A friend just shared this on Facebook, and suddenly everything made sense:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/09e812f6dd1d7d5d0a543a4e8dbca461/tumblr_mzy2a7Sonf1s82vm7o1_500.jpg

So that's why Kevin fell 4 times during his SP at 4 Continents. It's because he's not getting any sleep because you're dreaming about him so much! :drama: :laugh:

:cool:

Come to think of it, I might be the reason that Liza has had so many periods of disappointing form during her career... :eek: :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A friend just shared this on Facebook, and suddenly everything made sense:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/09e812f6dd1d7d5d0a543a4e8dbca461/tumblr_mzy2a7Sonf1s82vm7o1_500.jpg

So that's why Kevin fell 4 times during his SP at 4 Continents. It's because he's not getting any sleep because you're dreaming about him so much! :drama: :laugh:

:cool:

Come to think of it, I might be the reason that Liza has had so many periods of disappointing form during her career... :eek: :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

But that dream I referred to specifically happened less than two years PRIOR to the 2016 4CC. Well good try at least.

But most of my dreams that had Kevin in it....actually all of them.....I didn't want to end.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I had quite a lot of dreams with / about skaters, since I started to write about them. I met Yulia once on a field, it was a summerish day and we had appropriate clothing and just chilled there together, making fun things like dancing, finding names for the clouds...

My last dream is only a few days old, I was at Worlds and I picked up my ID. It was my first Worlds, so I didn't know how things go and I walked to the ice rink and all lights were out. Skaters were chilling there, either in their chairs or at beds that were located next to the ice, it was quite a strange situation. I then pulled out a sandwich and ate it. Since it was so dark, I dropped my bag and couldn't find it, but I found some clothes - that one of the skaters obviously left there. I believe I then went to bed, or so...

It was a weird dream and I am glad I don´t remember more of it.

Interesting to see, how dreams change over the years, but how they are always reflected to your work, secret demands or fears like losing the teeth.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Aside of having nightmares before Yuzu's competitions lol, I once dreamed that I was an ice dancer and they put me in team with Nikita Katsalapov (not his fan at all) :palmf:

long time ago Yags was the boyfriend of my dreams :biggrin:

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Two Gracie dreams recently: in the first, she forgot the choreography to her short program. :hopelessness: in the second, I was watching a movie about her.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Two Gracie dreams recently: in the first, she forgot the choreography to her short program. :hopelessness: in the second, I was watching a movie about her.

Scary part is, #1 really isn't all that far-fetched given her history. :slink:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just read through this entire thread, I love it! Some of you guys have had some pretty hilarious dreams. :laugh:

I wish I had some funny dreams about skaters to share, but sadly I do not. If I recall correctly, I've only once had a dream about a skater: Yulia Lip was skating on one of my daughter's practice sessions, which is pretty bizarre, considering my daughter is only seven years old and is still working on mastering her single flip and loop. All the young skaters were trying to get Yulia to teach them her I-spin, obviously without much success. :laugh:

Fun fact: I've been told several times that my daughter looks a lot like Yulia, so maybe that explains the dream. ;)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Yet another Gracie dream: I was trying to watch her SP but the stream broke and it was playing her music but without video and I was frantically trying to decide if I could run downstairs and get my laptop before her 3Lz-3T. :laugh2: that was a really weird one.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Two new ones.

1. I was watching an epic docu-drama about Meryl Davis that had nothing to do with skating or anything that has actually happened in real life. (All I remember was a part where she was in some remote part of China when she found out her parents died and had to get back to Michigan by foot. This was the only part with Charlie in it. :laugh:)

2. Gracie had a new FS...to Romeo and Juliet. (I don't remember which version it was, but it was definitely not the one with "Kissing You" or the 2013 one.) Also, her dress was purple and the rink was badly-lit. That's all I remember of that one.

Very weird dreams last night.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I dreamed that I went to a steampunk bar where I ran into a bunch of skaters who were all dressed for the occasion :roll9: I'm confused that this doesn't confuse me at all.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I THINK I had a dream last night that people said Kevin Reynolds' SP and FP from this season wasn't good. I THINK I had a dream about that. I'm honestly not too sure to be honest. If so, it'll bring the tally of the amount of dreams that I had relating to Kevin Reynolds to about maybe 12....

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
A while ago I had a dream in which Gabriella Papadakis and I were attending a conference.

Recently, I had a dream in which Volosozhar and Trankov were living at my parents' house and my mother complained about having to drive Maxim to skating sessions.

Then, one in which I watched a TV movie where Ashley Wagner played this sociopath who managed to win over the affection of a family whose daughter (a skater) idolized her, and then went on slaughtering them before being killed by the daughter. This one in particular was so hilarious even while I was dreaming - at a certain point I was wondering: what's wrong with you? Why do you have to dream such absurd stuff about skaters you like?

Layback11

Record Breaker
Some dream which dumped a bunch of random female skaters into women's artistic gymnastics...

:jaw: that sounds awesome...

I actually had a dream about you last night. You were being employed by someone to get information about me and were creepily stalking me via text messages, saying you would stop if I gave out some extremely personal information. It freaked me out...lol?

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
:jaw: that sounds awesome...

I actually had a dream about you last night. You were being employed by someone to get information about me and were creepily stalking me via text messages, saying you would stop if I gave out some extremely personal information. It freaked me out...lol?

Wait, that was me? :jaw:

(It actually was kind of cool. I'll PM you details.)

Also, what did I look like? :p

formersk8ter

On the Ice
I've had a number of dreams where Tonya Harding appeared... nothing particularly exciting, she was kind of there. I seem to remember Johnny Weir in a dream once or twice.

But I had one really memorable (and bizarre) dream a long time ago, involving Kristi Yamaguchi. (And let me say up front that I am a huge Kristi fan.) I am a violinist and also teach music. In the dream, Kristi came over for a violin lesson and she was the last student of the evening. After the lesson was over, she was very nice and we were talking, but she kept talking and showed no sign of leaving. I was tired and was hinting that it was time to go. She wasn't taking the hint. At one point, my phone rang and it was my mother. I told her "Kristi Yamaguchi is here but she won't leave." My mother asked what was going to do about it and I had no idea. (By the way, I don't date women.) So Kristi just kept hanging around and chatting, while I got more and more tired and just wanted her to go home so I could go to sleep... and then I finally woke up.

I've never understood why I would have had such a weird dream about Kristi, and I hated that I had it! Fortunately, I've never had another one like it.