Dream Podium/Wishes: 2015 Worlds

coucou84

On the Ice
As long as we're talking "dreams", I'm going to cheat. Gold medalists only:

Men: John Curry
Ladies: Michelle Kwan
Pairs: Protopopovs
Dance: Torvill and Dean

Now, wouldn't THAT be a competition for the ages! I'd have to take a week off work to recover. :laugh2:

Or have Grinkov come back from the dead (such a sad story.... :( )and win with Gordeeva again....

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Men:
1. Denis
2. Yuzuru
3. Takahiko or Javi
(It will most likely be Taka’s last Worlds so I want him to medal. His LP is gorgeous and if he skates clean, it will be glorious.)

Ladies:
1. Liza
2. Satoko
3. Elena
(I think Ashley or Gracie might medal though.)

Pairs:
1. Pang/Tong
2. Kavaguti/Smirnov
3. Sui/Han

Ice Dance:
1. Weaver/Poje or Papadakis/Cizeron
2. The Shibutanis
3. Chock/Bates

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Or have Grinkov come back from the dead (such a sad story.... :( )and win with Gordeeva again....

Oh, I suppose they'd be my silver medalists.

Sadly, John Curry, my dream men's champion, would also have to come from the dead.

The Protopopovs have got to be in their 80's. When they won in 1968, and I think he was 35 or so.

My understanding is that they still skate every day, or did last I heard, in Lake Placid.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
MEN:
Fernandez
Hanyu
Ten

LADIES:
Tuktamysheva
Wagner
Radionova

PAIRS
Duhamel/Radford (obvs!)
Sui/Han
Pang/Tong
(I wish there could be 4 though as I appreciate K/S' comeback)

DANCE
W/P (obvs!)
P/C
Shibs (though I'd love to see I/Z stick it to the haters.. Sorry, just not jazzed about C/B's programs this year)

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My dream podium with no logic but lots of dreaming

Pairs

Gold Kavaguti and Smirnov - I love a comeback story and after her injuries and his surgery and often beinglooked over by the Russian Fed I would love them to win gold

Silver Duhamel and Radford - i actually like them and his coming out and her supporting him - thumbs up as well to the power and technical ante they bring

Bronze Pang and Tong so they can go off to the sunset and gain belly fat with a world medal.

Men

Gold Kozuka - lovely flow when he is on

Silver Nguyen from Canada - the little guy makes you smile; you can't help but cheer

Bronze Voronov - let the veteran win one

Dance

I and Z this would be sweet revenge for Elena after being dumped

Weaver and Poje - beautiful skating and skaters

Stepanova and Bukin - kind of cheering for a former world and olympic gold medallist's kid

Ladies

Liza T - let her be the comeback kid

Elena R - she is so adorable you can't but help to hope she does well

Korpi - beautiful

matcha

Medalist
Pretty much putting all my eggs in the Shibs basket. A podium placement is all I ask for, please make it happen skating gods, ty.

Also, Ashley would be nice but I won't push my luck, ha.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Pretty much putting all my eggs in the Shibs basket. A podium placement is all I ask for, please make it happen skating gods, ty.

Also, Ashley would be nice but I won't push my luck, ha.

The Shibs are looking pretty good :)

Pika

Final Flight
Haven't post for a while, but so excited for this WC....!!

Men:
1. Yuzuru <3
2. Javier Fernandez
3. Denis Ten

Ladies:
1. Lizaaaaaaaa !
2. Ashley she's has been fighting since years, she deserves a medal!
3. Elena Radionova
(and I want our Frenchie Mae-Berenice in the top 10!)

Pairs:
1. Duhamel Radford (don't know how it could go other way... Not to bother me, they are my favourites)
2. Sui Han
3. Pang Tong

Ice Dance:
1. Papadakis Cizeron... Even if they don't win they have won my heart the whole season
2. Weaver Poje
3. Shibs (hahaha real dream)

I won't take the risk of making realistic predictions, I prefer dreaming :love:

paulusfr

On the Ice
My dream podium is far from reality :), but still

Men:
1. Kovtun (Well, actually I want Pitkeev to win, but he doesn't compete at Worlds this year :( :biggrin:)
2. Voronov
3. Brezina

Ladies:
1. Liza
2. Pogo
3. Kuchvalska :p (Yeah, I don't like Radionova's skating at all) or any American

Pairs:
1. Kavaguti/Smirnov
2. Duhamel/Radford
3. Marchei/Hotarek

What about Dance - I don't care, I just want the podium for Stepanova/Bukin. And ok, for Shibs also.

Last edited:

aa456

On the Ice
Men:

1) Ten
2) Kozuka
3) Farris

Ladies:

1) no one really wowed me in terms of PCS but based on this season, Liza is deserving
2) Ashley
3) Miyahara

Chris_E

On the Ice
My wishlist:

Ladies:
1. Ashley Wagner
2. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
3. Gracie Gold

Men:
1. Javier Fernandez
2. Josh Farris
3. Adam Rippon

deedee1

Record Breaker
My wish for Men:

- either Denis or Javi for the win. Should be theirs to lose, which is long overdue tbh. Besides, both do have two 'champion-worthy' programs this season. :yes:
- either one of Taka, Mura, Sergei or Michal for a podium finish. Might be a long shot, but will make my day if happens. Anything is possible on ice, because ice is slippery. ;)
- Top 10 finish for Bychenko, Sasha Majorov and Misha. skating gods, please! :bow:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Wishes? Elena and Ruslan to win Gold. Shibsibs a medal. Just dreaming, judges like W/P and C/B too much. :disapp:
Then I want Liza to win and Ashley to get a medal, would be great to see Japanese lady on the podium but that's just a dream. ;)
Probably any of Denis, Yuzu and Javi to win, but I expect I will cheer for Yuzu the most. I really want him to get the Gold. Maybe some American could attack the podium and I'd be sooo happy! :biggrin:
And just someone else than D/R to win Gold. Probably P/T or K/S! :love:

The funniest part is that my prediction are competely different, for ex. I precict Elena first for a simple reason - when I always predicted her second and Liza first, it was always the opposite! The same for the swaped positions. :laugh:

nieves

On the Ice
Absolute Dream: I want Dennis Ten to win!!

My Wish: Anna Pogorilaya wins!!! I just feel like whatever this girl does she will always be on the outside looking in. It would be nice for her to have a major piece of hardware to put her mind at ease. Sorry Liza and Elena but you've had enough success this season. Your case is made.

I agree, I want Anna to win. As much as I adore the other Russian ladies Anna P has that special star quality to me. Crossing my fingers that she has two clean performances.

homeshadow

Spectator
Well, I only watch men's.

And, it would be a dream if the following comes true...
1. All Orser podium... Yuzu Javi Nam <--- Oh I just love Orser family so much
2. Yuzu broke the WR in both SP and FS and get a 300+

TuTU9678

On the Ice
We can all dream...
Men's:
1. Yuzu!
2. Kozuka (too bad not likely)
3. Joshua Farris

Ladies:
1. Ashley
2. Kanako (......)
3. AnnaP/Miyahara

Bella127

Spectator
My dream podium/wishes for 2015 Worlds: It's so nice to dream or wish. :)

LADIES:
1. Edmunds or Ashley
2. Ashley
3. Gold
Hope and pray for at least 1 medal or 2 medals for the US Ladies or for a miracle all US Ladies Podium. Anything is possible! :)

MENS:
1. Farris or Ten (Love watching them both but Ten has more consistent quads, we'll see)
2. Hanyu
3. Jason Brown or Fernandez
or (Michael Christian Martinez :) , but due to his recent injuries, I just pray he'll be able to place higher than he did in the Sochi Olympics)

DANCE:
1. Chock and Bates
2. Shibs
3. PC or WP