Dutch Figure Skating 2023-2024 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dutch Figure Skating 2023-2024

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
At the next JGP in Budapest Jolanda Vos will be the Dutch representative. She is coached by Jorik Hendrickx.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I wish Lindsay van Zundert and Nika Osipova/Dmitry Epstein a lot of success at Nebelhorn this weekend. Nika and Dmitry are also scheduled to skate in Dordrecht (NL), so I wonder where they really are going to skate! The distance is too big to combine!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Nika and Dmitry withdrew from Nebelhorn but are still scheduled for Dordrecht. The only pair there. I hope te see them sunday (I intend to drive there on that day). Entree is free.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Jolanda's SP at the JGP Budapest. Not the best she's ever done, but she has been injured before, so I would call this a mighty effort!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I have found out why Nika and Dmitry are not in Oberstdorf this weekend. No injury (thankfully) but another dire reason: finances (source: Dutch website schaatsen.nl). They're not the first alas. The ice dancers Chelsea Verhaegh and Sherim van Geffem made note of having financial problems earlier in the off season while the National Training centre made big cuts as well, which will also limit the up and coming.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Well, I watched the FS live of the Jr men (only one entree, and from Belgium), the Sr Women (soley Dutch) entrees), the Sr Pairs (one pair: Nika and Dmitry) and the Jr women (13 entrees from 4 countries including one from Mexico) in Dordrecht today. Not that many other watchers although you could watch for free. It was a little difficult to get into Dordrecht by car which might have limited the numbers of the audience, but the lack of marketing of the competition nationally must also have played a role. There were also boys and girls entered at the novice and advanced novice level (from 5 countries, but I did not watch those (too early for my taste).

The level was lower than at a Challenger or Sr B, but still fun to see. A pity only the Jr women had a decent number of entrees though and the rest was lacking. In jrs Homegirl Julia van Dijk won with a total of 142.67 points

Nika and Dmitry are not ready yet for the season, but it was nice to take a look at their new Free Skate. I'm sure it will get better once the season gets rolling on. One lift got missed but it didn't look scary. The Sr women were at a rather low level. I won't elaborate. The jr women were quite fun to watch. Yes, some falls, and a lot of double jumps but still interesting.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
FS by Jolanda Vos in Budapest at the JGP. A bit rushed, so the timing of the elements lets something to be wished for. Lets hope it will go better during the course of the season!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Nika Osipova and Dmitry Epstein have regrettably withdrawn from Skate America. I don't know the reason. They had some money troubles, but that should not have been the problem here, even if they wouldn't have been able to take their coach along. I hope there are no injuries!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Update:
At Mezzaluna Cup Ice Dance Hanna and Alessio are in 10th place (60.74 points) and Chelsea and Sherim in 18th place (50.91 points) with 20 couples in total after the Rhythm Dance. Not even close regrettably - I like it better when they score pretty close. I like the rivalry, not so much when one couple is such a lot better than the other.

At the end Hanna and Alessio remained 10th (with 88.74 points for the FD) and Chelsea and Sherim rose to 17th (with 77.68 points for the FD).

At the Trophy Metropole Nice Ymke Yagersma was 19th finally among the Juniors in a total of 22 skaters.

At Diamond Spin in Poland Angel Delevaque was in 2nd place and a silver medal (2nd in both parts of the competition) and Jolanda Vos in 14th (5th in the SP, 16th in the FS) after the competition. There were 21 junior women participating.

Well done everybody with a special 'well done' for Angel! :points::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Update:
At Mezzaluna Cup Ice Dance Hanna and Alessio are in 10th place (60.74 points) and Chelsea and Sherim in 18th place (50.91 points) with 20 couples in total after the Rhythm Dance. Not even close regrettably - I like it better when they score pretty close. I like the rivalry, not so much when one couple is such a lot better than the other.

At the Trophy Metropole Nice Ymke Yagersma was 19th finally among the Juniors in a total of 22 skaters.

At Diamond Spin in Poland Angel Delevaque was in 2nd place and a silver medal (2nd in both parts of the competition) and Jolanda Vos in 14th (5th in the SP, 16th in the FS) after the competition. There were 21 junior women participating.

Well done everybody with a special 'well done' for Angel! :points::cheer::cheer::cheer:
Hanna and Alessio go their Worlds minimums back, by the way. Both teams had lost it after the RD TES minimum was raised to 35 at the start of the season.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Daria and Michel are skating to The Chain in their FS. Not a perfect performance at Skate Canada but that music. I so love this song by Fleetwood Mac. What a joy! They got to be 7th but were 6th in both SP and FS.

Weathergal

Medalist
Daria and Michel are skating to The Chain in their FS. Not a perfect performance at Skate Canada but that music. I so love this song by Fleetwood Mac. What a joy! They got to be 7th but were 6th in both SP and FS.
I really enjoyed this program of theirs! Also I think it might be the best I've seen them skate.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Lindsay van Zundert skated at Tirnavia Cup Slovakia last weekend ending in 4th place. She was 4th in both segments (SP and FS) of the competition.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Ymke Jagersma and Lois Libregts (2 of our jr women) are competing at Volvo Open Cup In Riga, Latvia. The SP is on friday the 3rd. There are 33 young skaters.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
After the SP Lois Libregts is in 16th place, Ymke Jagersma in 32nd place.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ymke Jagersma and Lois Libregts (2 of our jr women) are competing at Volvo Open Cup In Riga, Latvia. The SP is on friday the 3rd. There are 33 young skaters.

After the SP Lois Libregts is in 16th place, Ymke Jagersma in 32nd place.

There were also three Dutch girls competing in the Advanced Novice 2008-2011 category at the Volvo Open this morning.

Out of the 28 skaters in the SP, Floor van der Pas is in 2nd, Lucca Dijkhuizen is in 5th, and Pheline Wisse is in 27th.

The Free Skate is first thing tomorrow morning, starting at 08:00 EET (07:00 CET). So, 11 hours from now.

On Sunday, there will be four Dutch girls competing. One skater in each of the following categories:

• Beginners 2008-2010
  • Beginners 2011-2012
  • Basic Novice 2010-2012
  • Basic Novice 2013 and Younger

The results for all the skaters mentioned in this post will be on the Entries / Results page for the Interclub part of the event:

http://www.kristalice.lv/Results/volvoopencup50th.interclub/

So, 9 skaters in total sent to Riga. Quite a contingent! :bow: :bow: :bow:

All the best to them all!

CaroLiza_fan