Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 236 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

DenissVFan

Medalist
Will RusFed REALLY leave somebody with a 3A at home when they have 3 spots? They said after nationals that Liza's 3A would be their weapon against Rika.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sigh, this is so difficult, I like Med a lot, but Liza is my most favourite and with her 3A and how she rocks her programs makes me sad to think she won't get the World's spot.

TAT shouldn't be able to have that much power. Imagine if she's got her way back in Sochi and Maxim K had skated at the Olympics. Disaster!

Azikin

Medalist
Liza was amazing today, considering the circumstances and her recent illness... it would be a complete joke not to send her to Worlds...

IleK

On the Ice
Russia is such a spoiled country when it comes to figure skating. So many girls, so many choices, so many styles and no choice is perfect. And they play with this girls nerves and emotions, put so much pressure on them that they are already tired even before a decision is made. Liza deserves to go and I want her badly to go and win a medal, make history, change the rules, a russian girl can win again a world medal even in her twenties. I watched the final... almost all those girls deserved to go... uh

Arbitrary

Medalist
Russia is such a spoiled country when it comes to figure skating. So many girls, so many choices, so many styles and no choice is perfect. And they play with this girls nerves and emotions, put so much pressure on them that they are already tired even before a decision is made. Liza deserves to go and I want her badly to go and win a medal, make history, change the rules, a russian girl can win again a world medal even in her twenties. I watched the final... almost all those girls deserved to go... uh
I was banned for less...

meadow

Rinkside
Hi everyone, it's my first time on Liza fanfest! :)
I think yesterday she was phenomenal, considering she was recently ill! I'm not a fan of both her programs, to be honest, but this time I enjoyed the free skate a lot (so did my mom, who watched with me and who liked Liza more than anyone else [emoji23]).
I'm also really happy she did good with her 3A in the free skate and proved she is healthy enough to go to Worlds. I really believe they're going to send her, because it would be crazy not to right now and considering how this season has gone for other skaters, but one can never know. I love Evgenia, but I don't think it would be fair to send her instead.
Tbh Liza is right to say she's fed up with all the selection for the world team. She's done her best and she had a great season, while a lot of other have faltered. If that is not enough to be sent...

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
From her Instagram: (a very rough tranalation as neither Russian, nor English is my native language)

“In 2010 I won the Cup of Russia when I was 13 and with a score of 180, ahead by 33 points from the second. In 2019 a score of 221 already means second place. How will it be after 10 years?”

I love this sweet reminder that she has been around form quite some time :)

malya

On the Ice
From her Instagram: (a very rough tranalation as neither Russian, nor English is my native language)

“In 2010 I won the Cup of Russia when I was 13 and with a score of 180, ahead by 33 points from the second. In 2019 a score of 221 already means second place. How will it be after 10 years?”

I love this sweet reminder that she has been around form quite some time :)

So she still plans to compete in 10 years? :D

bsfan

On the Ice
Hope she doesn't give up at this point and keep improving. There is some politicking behind but until they announce the final list, there is still hope. I don't think the Fed will close their eyes if Liza improves her status from last competition. They need to keep 3 spots anyway.