Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1472 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia has been so good about giving us content. Now we need some on ice. Sneak peak of costumes?

mdl

On the Ice
If you haven't seen it yet, Zhenya opened up about the meaning of her "Experience" program: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDJ4HZIorLI/

My first reaction is sadness that someone would hurt her like that. I really hope that the fact she’s sharing this with the world means she is in a better place now. She's so unbelievably strong and we don't even know about the things going on outside of her career. Despite all the hardships she's faced, she's still the classy and genuine person she's always been. She fills me with hope for humanity.

First love is the strongest. It is sad that didn't go well, but I too continue to be amazed how strong actually Zhenya is. She is such a role model and I truly admire her.

If you haven't seen it yet, Zhenya opened up about the meaning of her "Experience" program: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDJ4HZIorLI/

My first reaction is sadness that someone would hurt her like that. I really hope that the fact she’s sharing this with the world means she is in a better place now. She's so unbelievably strong and we don't even know about the things going on outside of her career. Despite all the hardships she's faced, she's still the classy and genuine person she's always been. She fills me with hope for humanity.

Surely we all know who this particular person is

Vemvane

On the Ice
Evgenia, articulate and sweet as always, in this interview with ISU for International Friendship Day.

Just a few snippets:

Evgenia’s friends mean a lot to her. “My friends always helped me in difficult times in my life and when I felt totally helpless and when I needed moral support and help, I was lucky with the people around me. Not only my parents that are always there for me came to help, but also true friends,” the Olympic silver medalist said.

Medvedeva for example is currently stuck in Russia and works with her coach Brian Orser from a distance. For her and others, the best friendship stories are spending time together – and keeping friendships alive for a long time. “Just yesterday three of us met, three girls,” Evgenia recalled. “We started skating together, so we know each other since we were three years old, that is for 17 years already we have known each other. We are socializing until now and that is great. For me it is important to have friends from childhood, because I never had classmates, that was always difficult for me because of the sport and I didn't go to school like a normal kid. But, instead I have the girls from my group that I started to skate with when I was three years old.”

Fluture

Record Breaker
Forgive my ignorance, but did she end her relationship with Christian Kostov?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They never said they were a couple as far as I know. This is Zhenya‘s private life, she chooses how much to share. She chose to share the story behind the exhibition but not the name of the person. So, it‘s none of our business. IMO.

Fluture

Record Breaker
She also mentioned her friendship with Jason Brown and Katya Bobrova. She really values her friends.

I love that. Her friendship with Jason’s my favorite because it represents all the change in her life. It shows how she dealt this brave move not entirely on her own but with someone to support her, going through the exact same struggles. But there’s a really touching picture of Zhenya and Katia hugging over the skating boards at Pyeongchang after the ladies FS. I‘ll try to find it.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love that. Her friendship with Jason’s my favorite because it represents all the change in her life. It shows how she dealt this brave move not entirely on her own but with someone to support her, going through the exact same struggles. But there’s a really touching picture of Zhenya and Katia hugging over the skating boards at Pyeongchang after the ladies FS. I‘ll try to find it.

And she shared a room with Katia at the Olympics. Katia was so supportive there. Plus a shout out to EXO for making Evgenia dream of meeting them come true in Pyeongchang.

Maia96

On the Ice
I'm fed up that after 3 years this woman continues to throw rubbish on Zhenya ... There is no need to take advantage of the situation to continue dirtying her. The incredible thing is that Zhenya continues representing Sambo-70.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm fed up that after 3 years this woman continues to throw rubbish on Zhenya ... There is no need to take advantage of the situation to continue dirtying her. The incredible thing is that Zhenya continues representing Sambo-70.

I know. And why can't Evgenia switch to CKSA? She started in that rink, she trains there now. It only makes sense.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Don’t bother, it reflects more on her than on Zhenya (or any of the other athletes mentioned)

Let’s just enjoy another story of Zhenya inspiring figure skating fans all over the world instead.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDUQU1ho_AI/?igshid=1xvtogug7716v

It’s a comment from a former Mexican figure skater as well as the Break The Ice founder (that helped Zhenya hold her seminar) who talked about her huge fanbase in Mexico (I never knew that!) and how they basically only organised the gala because there were so many requests by fans who couldn’t skate but were desperate to see her. They also mentioned how some of the girls would start crying upon meeting her. Makes me happy and proud, which I feel we need during all the drama. :)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Forgive my ignorance, but did she end her relationship with Christian Kostov?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think her and Christian are only friends. But they are still friends judging by Instagram posts. Her exhibition to Beautiful Mess is one of my favorites. :)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don’t bother, it reflects more on her than on Zhenya (or any of the other athletes mentioned)

Let’s just enjoy another story of Zhenya inspiring figure skating fans all over the world instead.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDUQU1ho_AI/?igshid=1xvtogug7716v

It’s a comment from a former Mexican figure skater as well as the Break The Ice founder (that helped Zhenya hold her seminar) who talked about her huge fanbase in Mexico (I never knew that!) and how they basically only organised the gala because there were so many requests by fans who couldn’t skate but were desperate to see her. They also mentioned how some of the girls would start crying upon meeting her. Makes me happy and proud, which I feel we need during all the drama. :)

I hope in the future Evgenia will do more of these seminars, it's great for the sport and great for her fans. :)