Gailhaguet reelected | Golden Skate

Gailhaguet reelected

moriel

Record Breaker
hmmm well, 2022 worlds will be after olympics, so probably usual meh without many top teams
if france is going to get any worlds, i prefer them to have 2022 rather than a regular year worlds.

frida80

Record Breaker
Watery ice, Stars for medals, wobbly disco podiums, and televised flags. Maybe they'll have it all fixed by then.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I really don't understand this...fans and skaters alike won't be happy. He got 78% of the votes, so presumably there was another candidate. Who was that? Last time I think Gwendal Peizerat had a go at it (with backing from many skaters) but ultimately lost. So who lost the vote this time round?

frida80

Record Breaker
Out of all the news this off season this is clearly one of the most disappointing but somehow unsurprising. Is there anyway to get someone else as president? Or are we stuck with him for life?

synteis

Medalist
Out of all the news this off season this is clearly one of the most disappointing but somehow unsurprising. Is there anyway to get someone else as president? Or are we stuck with him for life?
Clearly alternative means of disposal are necessary...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The Skating Powers That Be continue to prove they are not only hopelessly corrupt, but they have excrement for brains.

Andrea82

Medalist
Former skater Alban Preaubert (active in the 2004-2011 period) is appointed as "président du patinage artistique"

Morgan Cipres is elected to the Federal Council as one of the athlete representatives (the others are speed skaters)

How old is he?

Born in 1953

Matt K

On the Ice
Last time I think Gwendal Peizerat had a go at it (with backing from many skaters) but ultimately lost. So who lost the vote this time round?

Well I am not surprised. Why does Gwendal Peizerat (or anyone else) think that he would be a good candidate? Just because he was a skater? Former athletes most often than not do not always make the best managers and leaders. Gwendal Peizerat not only has zero experience, but has done nothing to demonstrate that he could be successful in this role. Maybe he should try coaching or something.

I am sometimes very skeptical of those who think that their name recognition and celebrity is sufficient to upend and lead a revolt against a system. He should to do something modest and humbling like coaching first.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I suppose Papadakis and Cizeron could threaten to go on strike until he is ousted.