Gailhaguet reelected | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gailhaguet reelected

TGee

Record Breaker
I suppose Papadakis and Cizeron could threaten to go on strike until he is ousted.
Because, like, moving with their coach to another continent to train and then becoming World Champions isn't a strong enough message...

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm not generally given to cynicism, but is anyone surprised at this, really? I confess had there been any other result, I'd have been shocked. Pleasantly shocked, mind you, but shocked…

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Even though people give Leanna Caron a hard time, I rather have her judging for Canada than have Didier scheming behind the scenes, sending his minions to do his dirty work, and driving away skaters and coaches from his federation.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There's really nothing left to say but: oh dear.

...this is France we're talking about, can't they have a revolution? :)

moriel

Record Breaker
There's really nothing left to say but: oh dear.

...this is France we're talking about, can't they have a revolution? :)

sometimes i think that maybe they just like plastic medals?
I mean, someone voted for him after all

I say we should just invade

TGee

Record Breaker
sometimes i think that maybe they just like plastic medals?
I mean, someone voted for him after all

I say we should just invade
Plastic is the upscale version... cardboard will do for ISU events...

Tanager

On the Ice
I'm not familiar with the inner workings of the French Fed and I'm unclear on how Gailhaguet keeps getting re-elected. Anyone able to shed some light? It just comes across as baffling to me.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Paper or plastic medals or not, I would be really happy to see Worlds go to France in 2022.
If nothing else, there is just no other place where freshly-baked baguette and camembert au lait cru taste so good. I can live on that stuff for a week no problem.
And Milan had a great field of skaters this year, too, so... :agree:

NymphyNymphy

On the Ice
Skaters need to unionize. They need to demand salary and health insurance from ISU. At the end of the day it is their body that ISU is profiting off of. These officials sitting around like lazy bums getting paid big bucks while skaters are suffering and getting scammed and robbed. IOC needs to step in and clean up this ISU corruption that has festered and fermented for so many years unchecked.

TGee

Record Breaker
Skaters need to unionize. They need to demand salary and health insurance from ISU. At the end of the day it is their body that ISU is profiting off of. These officials sitting around like lazy bums getting paid big bucks while skaters are suffering and getting scammed and robbed. IOC needs to step in and clean up this ISU corruption that has festered and fermented for so many years unchecked.
Unfortunately, it seems as though any efforts to assert their rights ends up with skaters being disciplined by the ISU.

The chilling effect of the suspension of the Dutch speed skaters has got to be profound....

Even being cited by the EU Commission for anticompetitive behavior for limiting skater's ability to participate in non-ISU events with reasonable prize values didn't seem to cause a blush.

Well I am not surprised. Why does Gwendal Peizerat (or anyone else) think that he would be a good candidate? Just because he was a skater? Former athletes most often than not do not always make the best managers and leaders. Gwendal Peizerat not only has zero experience, but has done nothing to demonstrate that he could be successful in this role. Maybe he should try coaching or something.

I am sometimes very skeptical of those who think that their name recognition and celebrity is sufficient to upend and lead a revolt against a system. He should to do something modest and humbling like coaching first.

Where to start ? I bet you're not familiar with Gwendal's resume.

I invite you to check his wikipedia page, easy, simple, fast : "Peizerat holds a management degree from EMLYON Business School, a DEUG in materials science, and a maîtrise in STAPS from Claude Bernard University Lyon 1.[2]"
While competing for some of them...

Add to this having created a successfull consulting company (35 people were working for him by 2010) and being elected locally in 2010 (conseiller régional). Quote : « Je m'engage sur des idées simples : utiliser le sport comme un outil de mixité et de développement social, développer l'image de la région à l'international et encourager l'entreprenariat »
"I am committed to simple ideas: to use sport as a tool for diversity and social development, to develop the image of the region internationally and to encourage entrepreneurship" google trad

I don't know what you'd like more but just in case, he always showed positiveness and kind spirit to all the skaters past and present, including his most direct skating rivals (actually not only skaters). He stated having one goal only : to help skaters, when he was running for the place and I have no clue showing he won't just do that if he ever gets there. He did many suriving on an island show type here and you can just see this guy is genuine and even candide/naive sometimes, always willing to help and just making the best out of what he has. You could see this on Eurosport when he was interviewing the skaters after their skate too.

I believe Alexandre Piton ran in 2010 and he would also have been a perfect fit.

edit : grammar and spelling