Hopes for Boston2016! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hopes for Boston2016!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
if it does snow you will all see karne frolicking outside squeaking, tossing snow around, building snowmen, squealing snowsnowsnowsnowsnow

I would not blame you. But if your "high altitude" training before hand is in Colorado... you likely can find some snow there. The worst storm i have seen since moving here was in March, so we usually get some. Some ski slopes stay open till March so if you really want to go frolicking it should be easy enough to accomplish.

... and seeing an adult frolicking in the snow would not get scoffed at here, go have fun, we like that type of stuff... honestly seeing an adult make a snowman would likely make many a person's day over here. So if you are in Colorado when it snows, grab a beer.... or five, and go act like a kid and enjoy it and embrace it.

desertskates

Medalist
I hope all the skaters stay healthy and free of injury. I hope everyone here attending has an absolute blast. And I hope for medals for Ashley and the Shibs :)

MaoMus

Spectator
I really really really really hope Mao will have the skate of her life and that she wins the gold medal

I hope Yuzu will win the gold as well

Layback11

Record Breaker
I hope:

1. A top 4 finish for my Leprechaun BB Shoma;
2. A medal for Gracie and for her finally to break 140 in the FS;
3. Karen Chen, Mirai Nagasu or Mariah Bell on the team;
4. A medal for the Shibs;
5. All three US dance teams in the top 7;
6. Denney/Frazier making the team;
7. Good seats;
8. Three spots for US pairs;
9. At least one surprise medalist;
10. A Gracie-Lena-Mao podium;
11. Rika to slay her awesome FS and place in the top 5;
12. Fabulous costumes across the board;
13. The audience to sing along to "My Heart Will Go On" during Elena's FS (PLEEASE? *begging face*);
14. Healthy food options in/near the arena;
15. A great first worlds experience!

nguyhm

On the Ice
I hope for all the success to my favorite skaters but I won't list any, afraid to jinx them.... My wish is for all skaters to have a wonderful competition - and that I'll be able to sleep after the events - no matter what the results will be (doubt it though...., I'd still be too wound up). Wish everyone to have a great competition = participants and spectators. It will no doubt be an experience for me to keep forever.

tzazu

Medalist
-Buy enough time for watch the whole competition, it's in dreadful hours for me, and I 'll be died when finish. More or less the same last year:dbana:
-A wonderful competion for Mao and Patrick, redemption to GPF
-Shibs in podium, Papadakis/Cizeron fully recovered
-A wonderful competion, at least so great like GPF:yahoo:

Fetinia

Rinkside
I am new to the forums, lurking in the past. I am going to Boston to see my first live Figure skating competition.
My dream podiums:
Pairs:
Ksenia/Fedor
Tatiana/Maxim
Meghan/Eric

Men:
Yuzuru
Dennis
I want surprize bronze medalist, maybe Kolyada!

Ice Dance (in any order, I like them all, but I hope that Shibutanis win on home ice):
Maya/Alex
Gabriella/Guilleame
Ekaterina/Dmitry

Ladies ( I want all-Russian podium for ladies):
Yevgenia
Elena
ANna

randomfan

Record Breaker
So it can be any kind of hope, right? In that case...

1. Obviously, I wish for the safety of all participants and anyone who will be in the arena. I hope everyone returns home safely too!
2. For Mao Asada to have a strong showing and win a medal!
3. Surprise podium finish for one of the men. :biggrin:
4. For the two Korean girls to be in the top 12 (so they can get 2 GP spots each for next season as well as 2 spots for Worlds).
5. Speaking of Korean girls, please, PLEASE, PLEASE for So Youn Park to finally have a strong showing and maybe even PBs.
6. For Anna Pogorilaya's coach to be happy and excited in the Kiss & Cry (so for Anna to have clean performances, too).
7. For Nam Nguyen to have a strong showing.
8. For lots of standing ovations and cheers for skaters especially from other countries.
9. For Team USA have a podium finisher in each discipline! :cheer:
10. A good performance from Rika, and another showstopper showing for Satoko.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
13. The audience to sing along to "My Heart Will Go On" during Elena's FS (PLEEASE? *begging face*);
:laugh2::rofl:

not many hopes for now
mainly for no injuries & painful falls

Oh some dream one - Liza to qualify for worlds & be clean & regain her last year's TITLE muahaha & have the last laugh!:biggrin::thumbsup:
lol it sounds like a typical Hollywood movie:laugh:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope that I manage to bring enough Tim Tams, Mint Slices, Anzac bikkies, Caramellos, Freddos, and other goodly items that everyone can try some.

And Vegemite, of course. :devil:

EDIT:

And above all I hope that the Australian dollar vs the US dollar stops plummeting! At this stage January 29 can't come soon enough! It gets worse and worse each day!

Last edited:

fairly4

Medalist
I hope for a medal finish in the Ladies . I think the U.s Ladies could win but they have to skate 2 clean programs and fight for both. but I can see a medal, ( way too many ladies can medal)
I also hope all 3 ladies finish in the top 6, hard but doable.

I hope for 2 medals from the dance a one-two finish. ( I doubt it so many good teams) I hope all 3 dance teams finish in top 6

I hope for 13 for the pairs, 6th and 7th

I hope for 13 and possible medals from the men. top ten for all 3 . hard due to competition.

I hope for the best skate from all competitors and wish them luck, happiness as well. They get what they want from how they skate.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
- I hope a miracle happens and I'm actually successful in getting good seats to Ladies FS

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll add something now that Nationals are over: I hope the Shib Sibs make the podium. After watching videos and on NBC of their SD and FD, if they skate that well, then there's a chance.

winky97

Medalist
- I hope a miracle happens and I'm actually successful in getting good seats to Ladies FS

I think this is a possibility. Keep checking TM. Would not be surprised to see tickets become available that were previously held back for other obligations

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm hoping that my tickets arrive sooner rather than later.

T minus 43 days and counting...

winky97

Medalist
I'm hoping that my tickets arrive sooner rather than later.

T minus 43 days and counting...

Have you gotten an email letting you know that they shipped because I asked about ticket delivery on Facebook and got the non response that they will ship soon and that they will email upon shipment?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Have you gotten an email letting you know that they shipped because I asked about ticket delivery on Facebook and got the non response that they will ship soon and that they will email upon shipment?

Nope, no email...