International Single & Pair Skating, Ice Dance and Synchronized Skating Competitions 2022/23 calendar announced | Golden Skate

International Single & Pair Skating, Ice Dance and Synchronized Skating Competitions 2022/23 calendar announced

Andrea82

Medalist
ISU announced the full calendar for 2022/23 season

International season will begin at the end of July with Lake Placid Ice Dance International followed by the come-back of
Philadelphia Summer International and the return of Cranberry International.
First event in Europe is Britannia Cup to take place in Sheffield at the end of August.
SEA Trophy is scheduled in Singapore at the beginning of September.

The season is supposed to close with Hollins Trophy International in Sydney on 9-12th June.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Philadelphia and Cranberry are back to back. I wonder when we learn about entries for either🤔

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
OMG a Junior Grand Prix event in Riga, Latvia :eek:

Wait, so there are three international FS events in Latvia in the upcoming season... more than in Canada? :scratch2: What's going on?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mmmm. Don't like that they put in a page break between the last event of 2022 and the first event of 2023. It meant printing the figure skating part of the PDF took 3 sheets of paper rather than two. :mad:

Seriously, though, great to see two events in the UK, with one in England and one in Scotland. But, given how many skating competitions get held in Sheffield, I think I would have preferred the English event to be held somewhere else.

And how great is it to see that we have events in New Zealand and Australia?! :cheer: And with them being held in the Southern Hemisphere winter, it extends the season into the second week of June. Although, it would have maybe made more sense to have them a bit closer together, to enable skaters to take in both with one journey.

You know, it would be nice to see some more events held in the Southern Hemisphere during what is our summer / their winter. Maybe a trip to South America for events in at least one of Argentina, Chile and Brazil. And a long overdue return to South Africa.

Also delighted to see an event in Mexico. And two events in Turkey.

It will be interesting to see where the Senior GP's that sandwich the NHK Trophy end up being held. Personally, I reckon the ISU will be keen to keep them in their originally intended regions (Asia for SGP4 and Eastern Europe for SGP6).

CaroLiza_fan

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Mmmm. Don't like that they put in a page break between the last event of 2022 and the first event of 2023. It meant printing the figure skating part of the PDF took 3 sheets of paper rather than two. :mad:

Seriously, though, great to see two events in the UK, with one in England and one in Scotland. But, given how many skating competitions get held in Sheffield, I think I would have preferred the English event to be held somewhere else.

And how great is it to see that we have events in New Zealand and Australia?! :cheer: And with them being held in the Southern Hemisphere winter, it extends the season into the second week of June. Although, it would have maybe made more sense to have them a bit closer together, to enable skaters to take in both with one journey.

You know, it would be nice to see some more events held in the Southern Hemisphere during what is our summer / their winter. Maybe a trip to South America for events in at least one of Argentina, Chile and Brazil. And a long overdue return to South Africa.

Also delighted to see an event in Mexico. And two events in Turkey.

It will be interesting to see where the Senior GP's that sandwich the NHK Trophy end up being held. Personally, I reckon the ISU will be keen to keep them in their originally intended regions (Asia for SGP4 and Eastern Europe for SGP6).

CaroLiza_fan
Selfishly, I'm really happy to see another figure skating event taking place in Sheffield....

I can't find any other details about the Britannia Cup, though - there's another Britannia Cup event for synchro skating, but the one listed in https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/rules/fsk-communications/28572-isu-communication-2485/file is for novice, junior and senior skaters.

(I wonder if @La Rhumba knows?)

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I wonder when we'll hear about the venues for the replacement Cup of China and Rostelecom Grand Prix events?

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am pleased to see the Netherlands is hosting the Lumiere Cup for the synchro fans (Not a challenger this time) and that there will be The Challenge Cup again and this time not only a Sr Dance event but also Juniors. I hope not to miss out this time (I was in hospital last time alas).

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am pleased to see the Netherlands is hosting the Lumiere Cup for the synchro fans (Not a challenger this time) and that there will be The Challenge Cup again and this time not only a Sr Dance event but also Juniors. I hope not to miss out this time (I was in hospital last time alas).
I hope you can make it. :pray:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy to see a full six weeks between 4CC and Sr. Worlds. Is that usual, in a non-Olympic year?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
More important: when will the meeting be held to select GP Skaters?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Philadelphia and Cranberry are back to back. I wonder when we learn about entries for either🤔
Historically Cranberry (with one whole season of history) teases some of the skaters with a full list a week or two? before the event. I think we can assume, barring injury, that all the SCOB skaters of appropriate level will be skating at Cranberry. In my experience of one Philly International we didn't find out who was skating until the night before and I took pictures of the entries and posted them.

RUKen

Rinkside
I just want to point out that the Philadelphia Summer Championship is a local club event this year, it does not include an ISU event. They may wait until the last minute to post the entries; I don't know what to expect.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just want to point out that the Philadelphia Summer Championship is a local club event this year, it does not include an ISU event. They may wait until the last minute to post the entries; I don't know what to expect.

The linked document says the ISU sanctioned Philly International is returning, unless I am misreading it?

I will be honest, although I will watch the club entries if I am there already (one year Dice Murakami skated Club because JSF would not authorize the International entry), the International entries are what interest me.

RUKen

Rinkside
The linked document says the ISU sanctioned Philly International is returning, unless I am misreading it?

I will be honest, although I will watch the club entries if I am there already (one year Dice Murakami skated Club because JSF would not authorize the International entry), the International entries are what interest me.
I had written: I just want to point out that the Philadelphia Summer Championship is a local club event this year, it does not include an ISU event.

You're right; El Henry, the ISU does seem to have scheduled a Philadelphia Summer International Event. It's very strange that the Ice Works website continues to have nothing about this, but I guess it's happening. There's no other rink in Aston that could be hosting this.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
So, still no 2 GP hosts? And they also have pairs in every senior GP? How?