Jackson freestyles vs Entre? | Golden Skate

Jackson freestyles vs Entre?

Skate9874

Spectator
My daughter is currently skating in Jackson Freestyles but does not like the Aspire blade. She plans to switch to the MK blade but is also in need of sizing up. Deciding between the Jackson Freestyle or Entre skate boot. Can not find reviews on the Entre. Any insight would be so helpful?

Thanks!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
My daughter is currently skating in Jackson Freestyles but does not like the Aspire blade. She plans to switch to the MK blade but is also in need of sizing up. Deciding between the Jackson Freestyle or Entre skate boot. Can not find reviews on the Entre. Any insight would be so helpful?

Thanks!
Welcome! Can you tell us more about her. Age group, skill level, height/weight/foot type? Also, what MK blade? And has she had a proper fitting with a figure skate pro fitter yet? That will help us help you. :)

High Carbon

Skate technician
Rinkside
Country
United-States
Hello!
I think I have a little bit of information that may help. The Freestyles have a stiffness rating of 40 for the sizes 1 to 3.5 and 45 for sizes 4 and up. The Entres have a stiffness of 35 and 40 respectively. The numbers are relatively arbitrary but both boots have a moderate stiffness. Depending on her weight you can go with either the stiffer option or the less stiff option. And for the blade, you do get the deal with the Freestyle that it comes with the Aspire blade which is a perfectly serviceable entry level blade. But the MK Professional Freestyle would be a better blade. If you're looking for a more entry level MK blade you can try the Galaxy.
But the Entres are a perfectly good boot and I'd generally recommend them over the Freestyle as far as build quality goes, but the Freestyles may last longer simply because they're stiffer (assuming she doesn't grow out of them first). If your daughter is still in the beginner levels working through basic spins and jumps the Freestyles are going to be more than serviceable, but if she's starting to move up closer to axels then Entres or Debuts may be a better option.
Hope some of this helps :)