Men's Long Program | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Men's Long Program

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I'm seriously thinking maybe the cold environment could make nose grow longer. I was showing Patrick's video to someone who rarely watches figure skating. He said, "Patrick has a tall nose." Then I realized, yes, he does. Particularly in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZhykda8T7M

It's almost like Plushy nose. Isn't that a sign of a Champion?:laugh::party2::party:

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Gee, I really do things the hard way, trying to assess skaters' mindsets for their championship potential. Noses are so much easier to read! :laugh:

They just showed Skate Canada--well, bits of it--on TV in the U.S. It was enjoyable to watch the top three guys, though all of them skated very messy long programs. I was impressed with Patrick, but it will always be Daisuke for me. I do feel fortunate that we have two such splendid men skating their hearts out before our very eyes. By Worlds, I hope they will both have polished up their programs and be flawless dynamos on the ice.

Last edited:

Binthere

On the Ice
While I am always completely impressed by Patrick's ability to move and his basic skating, it seems there is such a halo effect on these skills that it becomes uncomfortable when the scores come up. Such mixed feelings on that front. I will celebrate when he puts it all together and scores "World Records" but ... when the goods were not all there, not thrilled when the marks so overlook this.

Javier was a revelation. Such clean lines. Free leg in camel and tight air position are brilliant. Personality to boot. Europe has another charismatic charmer to challenge for the podium for sure.