Most controversial programs | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Most controversial programs

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The Duchesnays were controversial in 1992, too.

This was their original unisex program "Reflections, presented at 1992 Europeans. They really had to scramble to ditch it and get "West Side Story" ready for 1992 Olympics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qaqag3LTHM

Another controversial program of theirs was their Josephine Baker inspired Charleston OSP (1989 Worlds):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr4BLtPE8og

I love the music of reflections but I think they would have been better off to maybe choreography themselves as moving water and not trying to be unisex. Coordinate but it really lookekd like she was trying to be a man with the costume and hair. Maybe for a short exhibition no. But this music was wonderful. When you think about it the Duchasneya's last performances were n't the best. A rehashed 1991 program from Missing and the a hastily put together West Side story trying to be a bit safe.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Okay, let's move on from D/S.

Does anybody remember Bobrova/Soloviev's bizarre Bird's program? They have tackled a variety of interesting themes during their career but this one definitely seemed to have rubbed fans the wrong way. It was not well received by the judges either and they ended up going back to their 'Madness' FD for Sochi. A story about two birds being hunted with depressing accompanying music. Dmitri's face at the end with accompanying bird cry sound effect was too much: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4wHOkefrqs

That program is a CAMP MASTERPIECE. It was voted into the CAMP HALL OF FAME by proclamation. A CAMP MASTERPIECE I TELL YOU!

Please do not eat or drink anything whilst watching it. One can't be too careful of the possible consequences of UNRESTRAINED HILARITY and/or TOTAL SHOCK AND DISBELIEF. :jaw: I personally have already wrecked one computer screen this way and make sure never to watch it without immediate access to trained, professional medical support. One can't be too careful.

:hap93:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
That program is a CAMP MASTERPIECE. It was voted into the CAMP HALL OF FAME by proclamation. A CAMP MASTERPIECE I TELL YOU!

Please do not eat or drink anything whilst watching it. One can't be too careful of the possible consequences of UNRESTRAINED HILARITY and/or TOTAL SHOCK AND DISBELIEF. :jaw: I personally have already wrecked one computer screen this way and make sure never to watch it without immediate access to trained, professional medical support. One can't be too careful.

:laugh2: Careful WeakAnkles when watching the birds. If you disturb them, the pigeon may come after you and you will be performing your signature move of "wobbling, frantic arm waving, screaming in pain, brushing ice shavings off [your] butt..." ;)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
:laugh2: Careful WeakAnkles when watching the birds. If you disturb them, the pigeon may come after you and you will be performing your signature move of "wobbling, frantic arm waving, screaming in pain, brushing ice shavings off [your] butt..." ;)

Who says I haven't already....

;)

:hap57:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
for this year defs zagitova fs

Did you mean her SP? The number of music cuts used and tacky sound effects have definitely made it very controversial among posters. She deserves a better program.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anybody remember Bobrova/Soloviev's bizarre Bird's program? They have tackled a variety of interesting themes during their career but this one definitely seemed to have rubbed fans the wrong way. It was not well received by the judges either and they ended up going back to their 'Madness' FD for Sochi. A story about two birds being hunted with depressing accompanying music. Dmitri's face at the end with accompanying bird cry sound effect was too much: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4wHOkefrqs

I was not prepared for that ending. That was the funniest thing I've seen all week. :laugh:

Zhulin dreamed it!

I'm surprised that image hasn't been made into a meme somehow! :laugh:

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe it's just my twisted imagination, but I've often wondered what would happen if someone took to the ice in a red spattered costume, and then proceeded to skate to theme music of various horror/slasher films. :devil:

MalAssada

Medalist
Okay, let's move on from D/S.

Can't believe I hadn't seen it before! Actually, it wasn't that bad until the gunshot and Mozart's Lacrimosa...

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker

How have I never seen this? It is the perfect blend of 'huh?', 'what the h***' and generalized weirdness.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Maybe it's just my twisted imagination, but I've often wondered what would happen if someone took to the ice in a red spattered costume, and then proceeded to skate to theme music of various horror/slasher films. :devil:

Your comment reminded be of the end of Konkina/Vakhnov's Spartacus free dance yesterday from JGP, where his hand suffered a cut and you can see how her arm and dress has blood stains on it. Fortunately, nothing serious for him and he received the medical attention in the K&C.