On Site Reports: GPF 2015 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports: GPF 2015

NaVi

Medalist
I see... Hypothetically then would this practice jump layout garner more points? Or would it zayak her? Furthermore... Would it be more points to skate a 3-3-3 for one of the combos she normally competes and then solo the other jump or does the usual two 3-3s max her points?

There's no advantage to doing a 3-3-3 combination. All the jump's base values are added up and it doesn't matter if they're done in combination with regards to points. A 3-3-3 combo could come in handy if she missed her first combo or accidentally doubles it.

NaVi

Medalist
For those who went last year and in Barcelona now, is there any difference in atmosphere?

Last edited:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Thank you for all the reports. We unlucky ones who can't make it there really appreciate all the work you're doing to keep us in the loop. If anyone can, I would love some ice dance reports because I'm so nervous about the competition. It's nice to hear that the Shibs look good.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Okay, so I'm just at my phone and don't want to write tons of text, but just some little side stories:
I'm carring a Seimei Pooh around. That prompted a lovely japanese fan to give me a present - 2 of these I-don't-know-what-their-called, gorgeous Yuzu pics with signatures... just like that :love:
This lady must have bought a lot of chewing gum, I think... a *lot*. My friend and I got clear files from her, too, such a lovely gesture!

qwerty

On the Ice
I see... Hypothetically then would this practice jump layout garner more points? Or would it zayak her? Furthermore... Would it be more points to skate a 3-3-3 for one of the combos she normally competes and then solo the other jump or does the usual two 3-3s max her points?

Re: Medvedeva practicing 3-3-3: I don't think we'll ever see this in competition. I think she just does it to show off and to intimidate her competitors (ala Shizuka Arakawa in Torino Olympics practice). Also, it must make the regular 3-3 feel like a piece of cake! She is a fierce competitor.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Pairs competition
The crowd liked Kavaguti/Smirnov better than Stolbova/Klimov (and so did I).
The crowd was AMAzing!
Huge thanks to all of you guys in the audience! That standing O was unexpected & powerful! I almost sobbed! They needed it!:bow:

thanks a lot for your reports!

karlowens2

On the Ice
Re: Medvedeva practicing 3-3-3: I don't think we'll ever see this in competition. I think she just does it to show off and to intimidate her competitors (ala Shizuka Arakawa in Torino Olympics practice). Also, it must make the regular 3-3 feel like a piece of cake! She is a fierce competitor.

As I said ealier >I hope this doesn't turn into another jumping contest. Yes, it's easier when you ae light. Yes, when you are young and don't know what is at stake you have less nerves. But, what about when the girls get their adult bodies and grow up? The sport needs to decide what it's going to be.

Off topic, but the men's results were depressing to me. 3 out 4 of the top were increadibly short, slightly built, no-hip guys - boys. There, a large part because aerodynamically more is possible. Hanyu has improved his relationship to the music and what he's doing is astounding. But, really it's 90% about jumping - like going to circus and oohing and ahhhing at the trapeze artists.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Not sure this was reported earlier: but Miki just showed up in time for Men practices! Time to cheer for her bf :)

And she's even more stunning in person :love::love::love:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
As I said ealier >I hope this doesn't turn into another jumping contest. Yes, it's easier when you ae light. Yes, when you are young and don't know what is at stake you have less nerves. But, what about when the girls get their adult bodies and grow up? The sport needs to decide what it's going to be.

Off topic, but the men's results were depressing to me. 3 out 4 of the top were increadibly short, slightly built, no-hip guys - boys. There, a large part because aerodynamically more is possible. Hanyu has improved his relationship to the music and what he's doing is astounding. But, really it's 90% about jumping - like going to circus and oohing and ahhhing at the trapeze artists.
Hanyu 90 % of jumping ? ... He is the only one that incorporated quads totally to choreo like spread ealge-4S-spread eagle and you say it's just jumping. The whole program was just everything.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Brian Orser was out after the men practices taking pictures... and one guy judst went over and hugged him really tight :biggrin:

Our little group was on the other side of the street waiting for him to come over. But it took so long, we decided to go over to him, crossing sides. But in that moment, he ran over, so we were like "oh no, everyone back! Everyone back!!" in the middle of the street. Must have looked a little awkward :laugh: but he was so nice and took a pic with us, despite that shortening his lunch time to 7 min! I feel a bit bad about that... a bit ;)

And we also got a pic with Miki... she was there with Javi's father!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Pamigena and I just walked back to the CCIB... and couldn't believe our eyes. There is a HUGE queue in front of the entrance... You will never guess what they are queueing for: the program book!
???!!! I will get seriously pissed off if I cannot get a copy. If they run out (and I am sure they will) they are just gonna have to send me one or something, because seriously, I am NOT queueing for something that I feel should have been included in an entrance package. If the organization doesn't make enough copies, because people are obviously getting more than one copy (cough) they should have made sure to arrange it better.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Pamigena and I just walked back to the CCIB... and couldn't believe our eyes. There is a HUGE queue in front of the entrance... You will never guess what they are queueing for: the program book!
???!!! I will get seriously pissed off if I cannot get a copy. If they run out (and I am sure they will) they are just gonna have to send me one or something, because seriously, I am NOT queueing for something that I feel should have been included in an entrance package. If the organization doesn't make enough copies, because people are obviously getting more than one copy (cough) they should have made sure to arrange it better.
I uploaded the picture I took :roll9:

ETA
we talked to the guy at the entrance a bit. and he was like "they are all very polite [well, DUH, 100% Japanese queue], if this were all Spanish people waiting........"
He's a local, he's allowed to say things like that :biggrin:

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
^^^ Holy cow...i think the fans are getting some for the fans back home (kind of like how they have extra copies of the Yuzu files to give away)

I was watching a video of fans scrambling for the booklet yesterday and was thinking what if the Japanese fans bring boxes of ANAN magazines :laugh:

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
About Men's practice: Patrick's was really rough. Like, really, really rough.I hope he's ok and he'll get himself together tomorrow.

Srin Odessa

On the Ice

Due to GOE scaling, you want as many jump/jump combinations with at least a triple somewhere. Unless if you're a lady with 8 triple jumps, then it's better to spread out triple jumps so that each jumping pass can maximize GOE. Furthermore, you're only allowed to perform two double axels in the FS.

The only reason to attempt such a combo it is if any earlier jump attempt failed and needed to be grafted onto a later jumping pass.