On Site Reports: GPF 2015 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports: GPF 2015

mrrice

Record Breaker
Chen has decent PCS. It's certainly not the highest, but it's workable and if he's getting 90+ TES, I think he will have a shot to win the championship.

Thanks Mrs. P, Who is the skater from Minnesota who did Eleanor Rigby? Alexander Johnson.....:cheer2:

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
So it is looking like Chan may end up at the bottom of the pack here! That would be a shock.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I totally forgot to mention that the lady announcer at the venue sets new standards when it comes to butchering skaters names :laugh2: hilarious! I don't even remember what exactly she called Yuzuru. Yuzuru Genja or whatever, I have NO idea, it wasn't even close to being close! :laugh: everyone around us just burst into laughter because every other name was total gibberish!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Practice doesn't mean much TBH. I actually worry when practice goes too well..:scard7:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
This thread is awesome. Would love to be in Barcelona, you guys certainly seem to have fun. Cherryy, thank you for your report. I admit I'm also the most curious about Shoma. I just rewatched TEB short and it felt a bit slow to me, but I'm not sure if that was just the camera. How is Shoma, compared to the other top guys, when it comes to speed? Still more juniorish or can he keep up with the big guns? And why are you so impressed with him? Would love to read your thoughts.

Sackie

Medalist
Yes I was going on the above practice report but also on him not being consistent with the short yet this season. If he hasn't gotten some of the problems fixed by now he may be in trouble. He could dig himself a big big hole with the short and not be able to climb out - not against this bunch of skaters.

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
So happy to see Patrick Hope he'll win 😉 ... Where is Gracie and Elena's videoosss ??

Cherryy

On the Ice
This thread is awesome. Would love to be in Barcelona, you guys certainly seem to have fun. Cherryy, thank you for your report. I admit I'm also the most curious about Shoma. I just rewatched TEB short and it felt a bit slow to me, but I'm not sure if that was just the camera. How is Shoma, compared to the other top guys, when it comes to speed? Still more juniorish or can he keep up with the big guns? And why are you so impressed with him? Would love to read your thoughts.

Well, he certainly is slower than Patrick and Yuzu, but I was still impressed with the speed he is able to achieve. Frankly I didn't see that much of a difference between him and Javi, but that doesn't mean there is none. It's just certainly not that glaringly obvious and I might not be the best observer. He definitely doesn't look juniorish in the way he moves, he actually looks more polished than both Boyang and Murakami.
I was so impressed because he seemed to be the only skater putting everything on the ice. What I'm trying to say is that he didn't take as many breaks, did jump after jump, all clean, certainly wasn't easy on himself. Also, these two falls were so sweet and funny, you should've seen it :laugh:.
Another thought, though this might be more of my overanalyzing, but sometimes you see skaters looking at how the others are doing. Well, Shoma seemed to be concentrated only on how his practice was going and what he was supposed to do, not whether others were delvering it or not.

+ as for Scimeca/Knierim, they had a good practice. Alexa was the person with the widest smile in the whole arena, she was trying to put as much emotion into their skating as possible.

melmel

On the Ice
No need for regrets, as long as you had as much fun with it as we had watching you all. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! I think I even videoed some of it, it just looked hilarious.
lol i did. I snatched a picture of him then diligently went back to my seat to finish watching the couple finishtheir skate :p. I hope you will post the video, i was very amused myself before i let the fangirl in me take over xD

FS_rrb

On the Ice
Hi everyone!!!

Thank you so much for all the wonderful reports! I'll be attending the competition live and will try to write my thoughts just like I did last year. It took a lot of time but I really enjoyed writing my reports for you. Being able to attend a live event is great but being able to share it with other fans is even better. Sooo....expect long long posts from me starting tomorrow evening! :hap10:

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend practices and only juniors on Saturday, but of course I'll watch all the senior events. It's great to have a competition being held in your city, but of course you have to carry on with your normal life :sad4:. I would love to attend EVERYTHING but it's not possible for me.

Some questions...it's my first time watching Mao live and I'm a big big fan. How is she looking in person? I've heard she's not very fast but moves very softly and easily. Is she looking good? How does she compare to others skaters (for instance Lena and Zhenya whom I've already seen live)? Thanksss :)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the live practice reports - sometimes practice doesn't indicate how someone will perform but it's fun to read how things are going.

Laughing over the reactions to Yuzu - can't wait to see those videos.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:eekn: What made you say that???? Is He not looking good in practice? I need reports people!!!

Oh that's just someone's wishful thinking. Reports are fun but practices don't count. It's always what happens on that slippery ice at the right time that matters.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Chen has decent PCS. It's certainly not the highest, but it's workable and if he's getting 90+ TES, I think he will have a shot to win the championship.
If Boyang managed it, he will not have any problem, he's already miles ahead of him in terms of presentation. However, he doesn't have the Super Weapon (4Lz) :popcorn:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Thank you so much for the reports to everyone who is attending the event! :hap85: Glad to hear Evgenia and Satoko are doing well. And from the pictures Shoma's face when he fell was just so cute.
So, if Javier did a 4T on his SP runthrough, does that mean he is also adding the second quad? Or perhaps he switched quads since it's been looking better than his 4S?

HanDomi

Record Breaker
So, if Javier did a 4T on his SP runthrough, does that mean he is also adding the second quad? Or perhaps he switched quads since it's been looking better than his 4S?

From reports it rather sounded like he was doing FP run trough