Peacock very choppy? | Golden Skate

Peacock very choppy?

scoty

Rinkside
I am trying to watch Peacock using Chromecast but the feed is VERY choppy. I wasn't prompted to optimise for full screen viewing and at times it's just unwatchable. Ugh! This was never a problem with Sports Gold. Any help?

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mine was super choppy too. I finally gave up after two performances, and downloaded the Peacock app on my phone, and watched it there. Not sure why, but it was much smoother viewing there.

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It was fine for me other than losing the sound at the beginning of the men’s short program and having to exit and re-enter the stream.

Last edited:

badknees

Medalist
I am trying to watch Peacock using Chromecast but the feed is VERY choppy. I wasn't prompted to optimise for full screen viewing and at times it's just unwatchable. Ugh! This was never a problem with Sports Gold. Any help?
It's probably the chromecast. I used to have some problems with Chromecasting NBC Gold. I have Peacock directly on my TV and have no problems.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Roku/peacock was perfect other than the fact that after each event you had to back out of it and re enter Peacock to get the next event.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am not bothering with Peacock.

I watch the ISU channel on the Opera browser, with the VPN set to Ukraine. Only works on my laptop, though.

No choppy stream and works like a dream.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I watched on TV nbcsn or Inc except, for the RD that I had to watch as separate vids on the ISU channel on YouTube.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

Yep, the Peacock feed is very choppy on Google Chrome. I tried it on a different browser, and so far it's better. But I hate no commentary for Skate America, which we used to get on NBCGold.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I am not bothering with Peacock.

I watch the ISU channel on the Opera browser, with the VPN set to Ukraine. Only works on my laptop, though.

No choppy stream and works like a dream.

How do you set your VPN to Ukraine? Do you have to do something else with your laptop settings or firewall to avoid location detection?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How do you set your VPN to Ukraine? Do you have to do something else with your laptop settings or firewall to avoid location detection?
No, if you go under the browser setting for VPN, you should be able to enable the VPN. I think when I signed up, I could choose the country but it doesn't seem to offer that option, just regions. Mine still works, though. The help link is below for more info.

Last edited: