Possible nerve damage? | Golden Skate

Possible nerve damage?

goingtherouxit

Spectator
Hey everyone! I got some new skates about a month ago (Risport Pro RF3’s) along with custom insoles, and I haven’t had a bad word to say about them. I think they’re very comfortable for new skates and the tongue is not too stiff or uncomfortable.
My problem is that recently my left heel has been going completely numb about 30 mins in to every session. I didn’t think much of it, but in the last week I’ve been having some weird sensations whenever I touch/scratch the top of my feet/ankle. It feels almost like it sends a weird (not painful at all) shock down my feet. Has anyone had any experience with anything like this??
I’m going to book a doctors appointment, but just wanted to check on here because I don’t think the doctor will have much experience with figure skating haha. Thanks!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hey everyone! I got some new skates about a month ago (Risport Pro RF3’s) along with custom insoles, and I haven’t had a bad word to say about them. I think they’re very comfortable for new skates and the tongue is not too stiff or uncomfortable.
My problem is that recently my left heel has been going completely numb about 30 mins in to every session. I didn’t think much of it, but in the last week I’ve been having some weird sensations whenever I touch/scratch the top of my feet/ankle. It feels almost like it sends a weird (not painful at all) shock down my feet. Has anyone had any experience with anything like this??
I’m going to book a doctors appointment, but just wanted to check on here because I don’t think the doctor will have much experience with figure skating haha. Thanks!
Hi and welcome. We need more info: Foot style, skating level, height weight, current boot size. is your foot wide, narrow etc? Was this a professional fitting where you were measured and traced properly?

goingtherouxit

Spectator
Thanks for replying! I have a high arch, I’m 5”2 and 9st 5lb, I am UK NISA level 1 (about to learn axel). My foot is between a wide and a regular. And I had the skates fitted at a professional shop that is well known in England for being good.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
You might want to call and say something to the tech at the shop and see if there's anything they can do for you, but IDK if you'd choose to do this before or after doctor appointment.

Good luck!

goingtherouxit

Spectator
You might want to call and say something to the tech at the shop and see if there's anything they can do for you, but IDK if you'd choose to do this before or after doctor appointment.

Good luck!
Ah okay that’s a good idea, I might pay them another visit. Thanks!

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I'd say to definitely contact the shop where you were fitted. If you do go to see the GP, take the boots along with you so that they can see exactly what you're talking about.